Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Petey McClain Decides to Stay at ETSU
Bookmark and Share
LAhoopster Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ETSU
Petey McClain Decides to Stay at ETSU
According to Peteys former AAU coach Petey had meetings with Coach Bartow and his parents and has decided to stay at ETSU.

He was 100% determined to leave until his parents told him they wanted him to stay at ETSU.

Coach Wagers and Coach Boyd are not returning to ETSU.
04-20-2013 10:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Mike_Hunt Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kennesaw State
RE: Petey McClain Decides to Stay at ETSU
Kid is making a mistake staying
04-20-2013 10:52 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(04-20-2013 10:50 PM)LAhoopster Wrote:  According to Peteys former AAU coach Petey had meetings with Coach Bartow and his parents and has decided to stay at ETSU.

He was 100% determined to leave until his parents told him they wanted him to stay at ETSU.

Coach Wagers and Coach Boyd are not returning to ETSU.
Fantastic news to hear Petey is staying. I like him and enjoy watching him play. I will look forward to seeing him play then next three years. Go Petey!
04-21-2013 12:26 AM
etsuBucsFan1988 Offline
Millennial Grief Counselor

I Root For: ETSU Hoops
Re: Petey McClain Decides to Stay at ETSU
If all of this is true, then these are very interesting developments.
04-21-2013 03:57 AM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Wagers is leaving? Does anyone really think Bartow can right this ship?
04-21-2013 05:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

We need to get Petey Mclain tshirts for next season. Seriously.

Hoopster-Since your our liaison, tell him we're thrilled and support him fully.
04-21-2013 06:51 AM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

This is an opportunity for Mister to come back. Oh wait, Bartow was too threatened by him. Bartow wanted Kevin Tiggs as a GA after Kevin graduated, but Kevin decided to play pro ball. Perhaps, then, he'd bring Tiggs back as a 2nd or a 3rd assistant? Kevin's indomitable spirit might counterbalance Murry's incessant negativity.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 07:11 AM by Bucfaithful.)
04-21-2013 07:10 AM
ETSUAlumni Offline
Special Teams

I hope Petey and Bartow are on the same page and aired out their differences. If not this will be a big mistake for Petey.
04-21-2013 07:52 AM
LAhoopster Offline
Water Engineer

(04-21-2013 07:52 AM)ETSUAlumni Wrote:  I hope Petey and Bartow are on the same page and aired out their differences. If not this will be a big mistake for Petey.

Petey felt hand-cuffed all season. Bartow told him during the recruiting process he wanted a PG that could make plays for himself and others. Basically Petey brought the ball up the court and passed it off and then his job was done. He was told not to shoot - ever, unless it was a wide open lay-up then got criticized when teams stopped guarding him. That is not was he was told while he was being recruited. I think there was a back-lash when word got out that he was leaving and Bartow wants him to stay so he won't look bad. I don't think he cares if Petey leaves or not but that is just my opinion.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 09:04 AM by LAhoopster.)
04-21-2013 08:59 AM
Advertisement

ETSUAlumni Offline
Special Teams

(04-21-2013 08:59 AM)LAhoopster Wrote:  
(04-21-2013 07:52 AM)ETSUAlumni Wrote:  I hope Petey and Bartow are on the same page and aired out their differences. If not this will be a big mistake for Petey.

Petey felt hand-cuffed all season. Bartow told him during the recruiting process he wanted a PG that could make plays for himself and others. Basically Petey brought the ball up the court and passed it off and then his job was done. He was told not to shoot - ever, unless it was a wide open lay-up then got criticized when teams stopped guarding him. That is not was he was told while he was being recruited. I think there was a back-lash when word got out that he was leaving and Bartow wants him to stay so he won't look bad. I don't think he cares if Petey leaves or not but that is just my opinion.

Was Petey told he could have more freedom?
04-21-2013 09:05 AM
LAhoopster Offline
Water Engineer

(04-21-2013 09:05 AM)ETSUAlumni Wrote:  
(04-21-2013 08:59 AM)LAhoopster Wrote:  

Was Petey told he could have more freedom?

Not to my knowledge. I think Petey's parents wanting him to stay was a major factor in him staying.
04-21-2013 09:19 AM
Bucfan4life Offline
Bench Warmer

Great News!! I'm glad he is staying.. "Speedy Petey" is fun to watch & Buc fans love him!! If (given the chance), he can become a special player for the Bucs!!!
04-21-2013 10:10 AM
bucfan1968 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
Before Petey got hurt, I thought he was one of the best young point guards I had seen at ETSU.. great to hear he will be around for three more years..
04-21-2013 10:27 AM
Advertisement

Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

Bartow is one of the most micromanaging coaches I've ever seen. His out-of-control pouting on the sidelines is embarrasing, not to mention ineffective. Yet, at the same time, he capriciously gives some guys who should be given parameters on the floor unfettered shot selection. Go figure. If I was going to give anyone the green light, it would be Petey. He has a intuitive feel for the game and sound judgment. It's too bad that Petey will be now playing to dispute and refute the person who should be his biggest advocate: his coach. Oh well, I hope Petey will use this as an opportunity to play with a renewed sense of "swag".
04-21-2013 12:18 PM
LAhoopster Offline
Water Engineer

(04-21-2013 12:18 PM)Bucfaithful Wrote:  Bartow is one of the most micromanaging coaches I've ever seen. His out-of-control pouting on the sidelines is embarrasing, not to mention ineffective. Yet, at the same time, he capriciously gives some guys who should be given parameters on the floor unfettered shot selection. Go figure. If I was going to give anyone the green light, it would be Petey. He has a intuitive feel for the game and sound judgment. It's too bad that Petey will be now playing to dispute and refute the person who should be his biggest advocate: his coach. Oh well, I hope Petey will use this as an opportunity to play with a renewed sense of "swag".

You should be Petey's coach. If Bartow had your reasonable sense of basketball judgement the players would play harder for him. "Happy cows make more milk" and Happy players make more plays.
04-21-2013 12:35 PM
etsualumni00 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
He'll have a new coach after next season anyway, so it'll be the same difference as transferring.
04-21-2013 01:06 PM
bucs77 Offline
Special Teams

This is great news.
04-22-2013 01:27 PM
Advertisement

BartowZone Offline
2nd String

Bartow attempting to save face... Poor kid. He'll never get to run an offense, never be able to take a shot without fear of his coach throwing a temper tantrum and burying him on the bench.
04-22-2013 05:27 PM
etsubuc Offline
All American

Im not sure about that. Bartow really doesn't have many other options at point guard, he by default has to get alot of minutes
04-22-2013 06:13 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Unless Devin Harris starts.
04-22-2013 07:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.