Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Latest
Bookmark and Share
BartowZone Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ETSU
The Latest
http://johnsoncitypress.com/Sports/artic...z2QgF6j8A0

Full of Murry's boasting and excuse making. Hinting that he forced Mario out and that another player might be leaving. Hinting that O'Field might be ineligible.

Socon is still the most likely destination.

***ONLY 118 $50 football season ticket deposits have been made..
Very disappointing. Johnson City and ETSU proving their apathy towards Buc athletics....
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2013 07:02 PM by BartowZone.)
04-17-2013 07:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: The Latest
Everytime I see his quotes or interviews he just pisses me off more and more.
04-17-2013 07:11 PM
etsudolfan Offline
2nd String

(04-17-2013 07:00 PM)BartowZone Wrote:  http://johnsoncitypress.com/Sports/artic...z2QgF6j8A0

Full of Murry's boasting and excuse making. Hinting that he forced Mario out and that another player might be leaving. Hinting that O'Field might be ineligible.

Socon is still the most likely destination.

***ONLY 118 $50 football season ticket deposits have been made..
Very disappointing. Johnson City and ETSU proving their apathy towards Buc athletics....

120 now...I just made my two $50.00 half deposits..and I live in Powell in the Knoxville area. Give it some time...I think some people are waiting to see what happens with the coaching hire, stadium, etc. We will get there.
04-17-2013 07:52 PM
etsubuc Offline
All American

I for one donated to the kickoff fund but not the deposit for the season tickets. The season tickets are not going to be a sell out or anything, you can get those at any time. The kickoff fund I did more symbolic than anything else- they need that money now and i want a large group to show the students that they are willing to pay also. Would really like to know the number that have contributed to this.
04-17-2013 08:18 PM
Advertisement

etsudolfan Offline
2nd String

(04-17-2013 08:18 PM)etsubuc Wrote:  I for one donated to the kickoff fund but not the deposit for the season tickets. The season tickets are not going to be a sell out or anything, you can get those at any time. The kickoff fund I did more symbolic than anything else- they need that money now and i want a large group to show the students that they are willing to pay also. Would really like to know the number that have contributed to this.

I think that the season ticket deposits are critical too...not saying that the Kickoff Fund isn't...it shows devotion as well. Both are equally as important. The season ticket deposits will come with time though.
04-17-2013 08:24 PM
etsudolfan Offline
2nd String

Quote:Rumor: ETSU, Mercer Heading to SoCon. Owls Next?
According to the AnyGivenSaturday.com message boards, East Tennessee State and Mercer were unanimously chosen by Southern Conference (SoCon) Athletics Directors/Presidents in a poll to gain admission into the conference. The actual voting will occur in late May.

The Southern Conference had 12 members last season, but three are departing in July of 2014 so there will be a void to fill. If they elect to stick with 12 members, and the rumors are true about ETSU and Mercer, it would leave a third spot up for grabs, and that spot has a strong chance of belonging to Kennesaw State.

Supposedly the polling breakdown looks like this (I am guessing it is majority rule, so 5 of 9)

Mercer – Unanimous
ETSU – Unanimous
Coastal Carolina – Western Carolina, Chattanooga, Greensboro
VMI – Citadel, Wofford, Furman
Kennesaw State- Chattanooga, Samford, Western Carolina

Jacksonville and Campbell are on the outside looking in. There is a chance that KSU, VMI and CCU all could make the cut if the conference were to choose expansion. Kennesaw State seems like a very logical fit!

Update: According to the Marietta Daily Journal, “If the Owls are to begin play in a new conference in 2016, the decision of which one would likely have to come by the end of this year. Kennesaw State would have to give the A-Sun two years’ advance notice of its intention to leave or pay a $250,000 exit penalty.” The Owls are in no position to be paying exit fees, so expect a decision relatively soon!
http://www.ksuowlhowl.com/rumor-etsu-mer...owls-next/

nothing really new, but it seems like there are conflicting reports about ETSU's support to return to SoCon...has anyone out there heard anything new?
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2013 08:35 PM by etsudolfan.)
04-17-2013 08:35 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
There's still some trust issues abound folks. Let it play out. When a coach runs a player off like that, it should be an NCAA rule that the institution loses the scholarship for one year and if the player cannot get hooked up elsewhere, then the school should pay for the next year of their education. It would put a stop to this transfer crap.
04-17-2013 08:40 PM
Advertisement

etsubuc Offline
All American

I agree Buccaneerlover- that would be a great rule and would help college basketball alot.
04-17-2013 08:45 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
It's brutal, but dang enough's enough. The rule would need to be clear, if the player is ran off, meaning they're not good enough to play there but their grades are fine, etc... It's an epidemic in college athletics in general.
04-17-2013 08:55 PM
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

I Root For: The Bears

Donators
It's going to be a long month til the official SoCon decision is made.
04-17-2013 09:07 PM
Advertisement

bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(04-17-2013 08:18 PM)etsubuc Wrote:  I for one donated to the kickoff fund but not the deposit for the season tickets. The season tickets are not going to be a sell out or anything, you can get those at any time. The kickoff fund I did more symbolic than anything else- they need that money now and i want a large group to show the students that they are willing to pay also. Would really like to know the number that have contributed to this.

I agree as I did both donation and the season tickets. But I think the average fan out there is waiting for the coach to be hired and most importantly they want to see ground broken on the new stadium. That big hole in the ground is boost that people are waiting for as that means the thing is actually happening. It is still very early and some fans do not know what is going on and most are waiting for more tangible evidence of a football program. I believe the support for a FCS team is out there and will be there when the program gets started.
04-17-2013 09:26 PM
etsudolfan Offline
2nd String

I'm going to do the Kickoff Fund as soon as I get the extra $$$. I also give to BASA. Trying to help out as much as I can as an alumnus. I think it will pick up momentum within the next few months after a coach is in place and we know which conference we are going to. I agree, people like to see the tangible evidence and progress....which we are making, its just slow at this point.
04-17-2013 09:31 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
(04-17-2013 08:35 PM)etsudolfan Wrote:  
Quote:Rumor: ETSU, Mercer Heading to SoCon. Owls Next?
According to the AnyGivenSaturday.com message boards, East Tennessee State and Mercer were unanimously chosen by Southern Conference (SoCon) Athletics Directors/Presidents in a poll to gain admission into the conference. The actual voting will occur in late May.

The Southern Conference had 12 members last season, but three are departing in July of 2014 so there will be a void to fill. If they elect to stick with 12 members, and the rumors are true about ETSU and Mercer, it would leave a third spot up for grabs, and that spot has a strong chance of belonging to Kennesaw State.

Supposedly the polling breakdown looks like this (I am guessing it is majority rule, so 5 of 9)

Mercer – Unanimous
ETSU – Unanimous
Coastal Carolina – Western Carolina, Chattanooga, Greensboro
VMI – Citadel, Wofford, Furman
Kennesaw State- Chattanooga, Samford, Western Carolina

Jacksonville and Campbell are on the outside looking in. There is a chance that KSU, VMI and CCU all could make the cut if the conference were to choose expansion. Kennesaw State seems like a very logical fit!

Update: According to the Marietta Daily Journal, “If the Owls are to begin play in a new conference in 2016, the decision of which one would likely have to come by the end of this year. Kennesaw State would have to give the A-Sun two years’ advance notice of its intention to leave or pay a $250,000 exit penalty.” The Owls are in no position to be paying exit fees, so expect a decision relatively soon!
http://www.ksuowlhowl.com/rumor-etsu-mer...owls-next/

nothing really new, but it seems like there are conflicting reports about ETSU's support to return to SoCon...has anyone out there heard anything new?

The fact that these conferences are not begging ETSU to join at this point speaks volumes for the abject sorry, low down, completely failed, destructive legacy of the two previous ETSU athletic administrative clowns.
04-18-2013 07:08 AM
Advertisement

PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I Root For: Justice
Remember what I said- the one thing that can kill this thing is fan apathy, and this ain't really a good sports town.

The hiring of a coach could sell some tickets, but how many? I mean, the last time a football coach was hired they looked at a couple of coordinators from service acadamies and an assistant from Texas A & M. Beat still my heart. How many tickets do you think a Randy Sanders is going to sell?

To really make this successful you need to get the media behind it. You need Phil Fulmer to show up at the ETSU baseball game against Tennessee wearing a Bucs hat. There needs to be a demonization of the previous athletic administration that has always been avoided, and as a result Joe Johnson City doesn't point to Stanton and Mullins for football's demise, he points to apathy.

Now, this isn't to say that football's revival will not happen. But the recipe for success is in the above paragraph.
04-18-2013 10:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I Root For: Justice
If that's right, and ETSU is ahead in the pecking order of VMI, Coastal, KSU, Jacksonville, and Campbell, I am impressed.

But, would you rather be in a conference with

Chattanooga
Mercer
Western Carolina
Elon
UNC-Greensboro
Wofford
Furman
The Citadel
Samford

OR

Gulf Coast
Jacksonville
North Florida
Lipscomb
Stetson
USC-Upstate
Northern Kentucky

And the chance to merge with the Big South?

It's a tough decision. The pound the ball into the line pick is to go SoCon. The big play option is to stay put and push for the Super Conference.

Of course, that big play might be recovering a muffed punt.
04-18-2013 02:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
etsudolfan Offline
2nd String

the SoCon would be the better route....it is more proven in football than the Big South and more schools have had success moving up to FBS from the SoCon.
04-24-2013 05:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.