Really, Arkansas?
04-13-2013 11:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Paul of Troy Offline
The Man Who Watches

I Root For: Tennessee, Troy
RE: Really, Arkansas?
And just like when Mississippi did the same thing their rates of teen pregnancy will raise even higher.

I thought it was funny how Mississippi's governor came out and blamed teenagers for the high pregnancy rates. He claimed they should have been using contraception. The same contraception he wouldn't allow them to be taught about in the first place!

These people are morons.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2013 12:20 PM by Paul of Troy.)
04-13-2013 12:20 PM
mathenis89 Offline
Sucks at NCAA Football 14

I Root For: WKU, Miami, OSU
(04-13-2013 12:20 PM)Paul of Troy Wrote:  And just like when Mississippi did the same thing their rates of teen pregnancy will raise even higher.

I thought it was funny how Mississippi's governor came out and blamed teenagers for the high pregnancy rates. He claimed they should have been using contraception. The same contraception he wouldn't allow them to be taught about in the first place!

These people are morons.

Condoms are the devil! Poor, single mothers are the devil!
04-13-2013 01:06 PM
Paul of Troy Offline
The Man Who Watches

I Root For: Tennessee, Troy
What astounds me is that these people really think teenagers are not going to have sex as often as long as those evil sex Ed courses aren't teaching them how.

Of course they are going to have sex! Except now without any contraception. That is somehow a better course of action.

Like I said, morons.
04-13-2013 01:19 PM
Tiguar Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
I have a difficult time taking an article that uses "LOL" seriously but I do perceive this as primarily an entertainment piece rather than an informative one. That said, these programs wouldn't even be necessary in a society where parents were actually responsible but alas "We don't live anywhere near perfect, so for everything else, there's Walgreens".

I'll never understand why people are against sex ed in high school.
04-13-2013 03:47 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
State Legislature is going to be a one termer here we hope. Its the first time since Reconstruction that the GOP controlled both houses, and it has been an utter disaster, We've passed a ton of abortion bills, passed other bills to go against Obamacare, and passed a resolution to show support for the Federal Protection of Marriage Act.

What's silly is that this bill like many others in this state will be vetoed by our ASU grad Governor. Problem is state constitution stupidly says that a majority vote in both houses overrides a veto. This is expected to be the 4th time this session that a Veto has been overridden.

The issue is that the legislature has done so little to help the state to this point that many republicans are upset.
04-13-2013 06:44 PM
GSUhooligan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GA Southern
These are the same folks that are anti-abortion. You know the #1 motive of abortion? Unwanted pregnancy. You lower the number of unwanted pregnancies, you lower the number of abortions.

P.S. (I'm not saying I'm pro-abortion or not, just that the logic doesn't add up).
04-17-2013 08:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
6FlagsOverGeorgiaSouthern Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GA Southern
(04-13-2013 06:44 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  State Legislature is going to be a one termer here we hope. Its the first time since Reconstruction that the GOP controlled both houses, and it has been an utter disaster, We've passed a ton of abortion bills, passed other bills to go against Obamacare, and passed a resolution to show support for the Federal Protection of Marriage Act.

What's silly is that this bill like many others in this state will be vetoed by our ASU grad Governor. Problem is state constitution stupidly says that a majority vote in both houses overrides a veto. This is expected to be the 4th time this session that a Veto has been overridden.

The issue is that the legislature has done so little to help the state to this point that many republicans are upset.

Wow. Only a majority? Here in GA it requires a super-majority.
04-18-2013 07:32 AM
mathenis89 Offline
Sucks at NCAA Football 14

I Root For: WKU, Miami, OSU
(04-18-2013 07:32 AM)6FlagsOverGeorgiaSouthern Wrote:  
(04-13-2013 06:44 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  State Legislature is going to be a one termer here we hope. Its the first time since Reconstruction that the GOP controlled both houses, and it has been an utter disaster, We've passed a ton of abortion bills, passed other bills to go against Obamacare, and passed a resolution to show support for the Federal Protection of Marriage Act.

Wow. Only a majority? Here in GA it requires a super-majority.

Should always take at least 2/3 majority to overrule a veto.
04-18-2013 09:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.