Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: C-A-P-S Caps! Caps! Caps!
Bookmark and Share
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
OT: C-A-P-S Caps! Caps! Caps!
One thread I never posted on over on CAA Zone but lurked on a lot. Really have something to talk about now, they're on fire, undefeated in April! Anyone else going up to Verizon on Saturday to watch Ovi take #1 in goals from Stamkos?
04-11-2013 11:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Sax Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: James Madison
RE: OT: C-A-P-S Caps! Caps! Caps!
Let's go Caps!!! I hope they keep up the pace they are playing. The way Ovi, Ribeiro, Brouwer, and Nick are playing...I don't see a better group of players playing at a higher level (even Holtby AND Neuvirth).
04-12-2013 12:41 AM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

Yeah, I really hope they can keep this rolling in to the playoffs and keep up the way they've been playing. I'm not much of a Neuvy fan though and don't get why he played Tuesday, sure hope he doesn't play Saturday. I didn't get to watch tonight, but from the highlights it looks like Holtby stood on his head for much of the game. Got lucky on that one Carlson saved though.
04-12-2013 12:54 AM
South Main Offline
Bench Warmer

(04-12-2013 12:54 AM)KickItToScotty Wrote:  Yeah, I really hope they can keep this rolling in to the playoffs and keep up the way they've been playing. I'm not much of a Neuvy fan though and don't get why he played Tuesday, sure hope he doesn't play Saturday. I didn't get to watch tonight, but from the highlights it looks like Holtby stood on his head for much of the game. Got lucky on that one Carlson saved though.

Caps have been great lately.. but 3rd (caps) through 9th is separated by only a couple of points will be a fun final two weeks.
04-12-2013 09:40 AM
2Dukes4Life Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: The DUUUUKES
Love the energy they're playing with and the Powerplay has been lights out. Ovi's getting a lot of attention now, rightfully so, but Backstrom has been serving the puck up on a silver platter. He's been locked in every game and him and Ovi are in a great rhythm. If they can stay healthy and win the games their supposed to I think they'll storm into the playoffs and make some noise.

A lot of people were quick to write this team off early in the season, but when a team change coaches and philosophy's it takes a little while for the team to get comfortable. The early season troubles were magnified due to the lockout. It's nice to see the team start to Gel under Oates' system. I also wish they'd interview Calle Johansson more, the guy is hilarious.

7 games to go (5 at home), 6 of which are teams in the current top 8. Been on a great run recently, just gotta take it take it to them. 2 key games against Ottawa, who are in the 5th spot and could be our matchup in the first round.

Back to bashing Razor now, Go Dukes!
04-12-2013 10:03 AM
UADane Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Albany
So the Caps stole the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS chant?!

WEAK! :)
04-12-2013 10:15 AM
Advertisement

DooX Offline
1st String

They'll be a tough out in the play-offs. The first 15 games or so were an absolute disaster. With the coaching change, the lock out seemed to hurt them more than most teams but they've really got it going recently.

Ovi might be playing the best hockey of his career right now. Not just the scoring but with his set up, passing, and attention to defense (which has always been lacking). Let's face it, he'll never be in the Selke conversation but he's not the liability has has been recently. Notice he's not skating like a heat seeking missile going for the bone crushing hit every shift.

Didn't like the Erat/Forsberg trade, though.
04-12-2013 10:31 AM
JMUSkinsfan Offline
2nd String

I can't believe Ovi didn't score last night. Disgraceful.

Remember when the hot topic on the radio around DC about 2 months ago was whether or not they could trade Ovi with his unreasonable contract? What a bunch of idiots.
04-12-2013 12:24 PM
JMUSkinsfan Offline
2nd String

Also agree on the Forsberg trade. WTF were they thinking. Then again, they've won so people have quickly forgotten, but that could hurt in the next 3-4 years.
04-12-2013 12:25 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

Yeah, definitely terrible timing on the lockout. No preseason, barely any training camp, and then a short season with a new coach. Glad they were able to pull it together in time though, it would have been so disappointing waiting all that time for the lockout to end then having the Caps keep playing like they were early on. I think we win the Southeast, really don't see us missing the playoffs the way they've been playing, but we do have a pretty tough schedule so hopefully they keep it going.

But yeah, love seeing Ovi shut all those people up. I knew he would eventually but glad it came pretty quickly and emphatically. I remember early in the season some dbags talking about how washed up he is and how he'll never score 50 goals again and probably won't even score 40 goals again... Well there's still 7 games left in a half season and he's got 26, suck it!
04-12-2013 12:35 PM
South Main Offline
Bench Warmer

(04-12-2013 12:25 PM)JMUSkinsfan Wrote:  Also agree on the Forsberg trade. WTF were they thinking. Then again, they've won so people have quickly forgotten, but that could hurt in the next 3-4 years.

As much as I disliked the trade as well especially with how high management was on Forsberg.. I'll give George some credit when trading our prospects.. only Eakin who looks to be doing well in Dallas has played more than couple games in the NHL. the rest over the past few year's havent amounted to much (Bouchard, Della Rovere, Osala).

I think McPhee also said he had Kuznetsov and Wilson ahead of Forsberg on the RW depth chart for prospects, guess that made Forsberg a little more expendable.
04-12-2013 01:44 PM
Advertisement

Ike N. Berry Offline
2nd String

Pens fan here, in Caps country. At no time did I write them off -- mainly because I figured it would take time to adjust to the coaching change, also because they were missing Laich for most of the season. The guy is a difference maker. Backstrom seems to be himself again, too.

I think they'll win the division but wonder if they almost wouldn't be better off cooling down a little. Awfully tough to maintain their current pace.

Could be a unique (in recent years, anyway) post-season atmosphere for them. Very little pressure compared to the seasons when they were top dogs in the East.
04-13-2013 08:11 AM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-13-2013 08:11 AM)Ike N. Berry Wrote:  Pens fan here, in Caps country. At no time did I write them off -- mainly because I figured it would take time to adjust to the coaching change, also because they were missing Laich for most of the season. The guy is a difference maker. Backstrom seems to be himself again, too.

I think they'll win the division but wonder if they almost wouldn't be better off cooling down a little. Awfully tough to maintain their current pace.

Could be a unique (in recent years, anyway) post-season atmosphere for them. Very little pressure compared to the seasons when they were top dogs in the East.
I would argue that the pressure is always on the caps to perform. They're labelled as the best team to have never won a stanley cup (the san jose sharks of the east coast). In fact, in the post-2004 lockout era, they've never even gotten past the 2nd round of the playoffs.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2013 08:15 AM by Potomac.)
04-13-2013 08:14 AM
Ike N. Berry Offline
2nd String

(04-13-2013 08:14 AM)Potomac Wrote:  I would argue that the pressure is always on the caps to perform....

I'm not saying Ted and/or the fan base would applaud a first-round exit to, say, the Maple Leafs, but barring a total and immediate flame-out, they've earned the benefit of the doubt going into a full season next year. New coach, short season, Laich out for a long stretch, Backstrom not regaining form until very recently, etc.
04-13-2013 08:40 AM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

Ovechkin just took the NHL scoring lead from Stamkos in a huge goal.
04-13-2013 06:44 PM
mistrhanky Offline
2nd String

Re: OT: C-A-P-S Caps! Caps! Caps!
Caps have had an amazing run given the hole they were in. Oates looks to be the blend between Gabby and Hunter that they needed. GMGM can go though. Erat for Forsberg is AWFUL! We are going to regret that for years.
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2013 09:33 AM by mistrhanky.)
04-14-2013 09:32 AM
Advertisement

DooX Offline
1st String

Read where Forseberg is probably going to get some playing time these last few games. He could end up with more ice time than Erat with the Caps. What a dismal trade.
04-14-2013 11:25 AM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

Ovi! And Greenie! Can't believe Tampa made the come back, Caps just sat back and let them spend way too much time in their zone. I was hoping they'd want to keep scoring and try to get Ovi some goals and that wouldn't happen. Even with them easing up and everything though, definitely didn't see them forcing overtime. Just made it a little more exciting though. 7-0 in April!
04-14-2013 05:42 PM
hburg Offline

Looks like a very nice win for the Washington Caps. They win 5-1 over the Maple Leafs.
04-16-2013 10:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

And good thing Ovi got a goal cause Stamkos got one later in the night. Ovi had an assist too, moving up in the points rankings as well as #1 in goals.
04-17-2013 01:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.