Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Reparking
Bookmark and Share
JMU_71 Offline
1st String

I Root For: James Madison
Reparking
All my tailgating buddies are moving to the convo from P lot. I am now an island. I don't want to be an island, not while tailgating anyway! I am not trying to mooch, I always bring plenty of adult beverages and food. I just want some good JMU P lot folks to park near and get to know. I never have more than 4 and usually just 2 in my group.

PM me if you don't mind me tagging along in your tailgating group. Thanks!
04-10-2013 09:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BSKB 24 Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU
RE: Reparking
The question is, why are they all leaving P to go to Convo? If it is because of fee increases then how the heck will we ever go 1A? We need more financial support not less.
04-10-2013 10:11 AM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

Have no fear, there will be plenty of people wanting and willing to pay for P-Lot. I'm in Convo myself, but maily because it's so easy to get out and even head south on 81 as I do. One game I had problems, homecoming, our wonderful cops decided that they wanted to make everyone head north out of the Convo when it started backing up to go south.
04-10-2013 10:20 AM
jmusuperfan Offline
All American

Convo lot is a fun lot to be in as well... I have been in C4 for a couple of years now...we really like it...I believe it is easier to get in and out of personally as you can get right back onto 81 on the opposite side of campus as everyone else when leaving. Has been a great spot thus far.
04-10-2013 10:23 AM
JMU_71 Offline
1st String

(04-10-2013 10:11 AM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  The question is, why are they all leaving P to go to Convo? If it is because of fee increases then how the heck will we ever go 1A? We need more financial support not less.

Don't be hatin on me. I'm staying even though my friends have picked up their toys and gone home. I think it's a money issue with them but not sure.
04-10-2013 10:25 AM
jmu007 Offline
All American

(04-10-2013 10:25 AM)JMU_71 Wrote:  
(04-10-2013 10:11 AM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  The question is, why are they all leaving P to go to Convo? If it is because of fee increases then how the heck will we ever go 1A? We need more financial support not less.

Don't be hatin on me. I'm staying even though my friends have picked up their toys and gone home. I think it's a money issue with them but not sure.

Could always up the game and move down to Godwin by us 04-cheers
04-10-2013 11:36 AM
Advertisement

DooX Offline
1st String

Just posted this in the Spring Game thread but re-posting here in case some interested people don't look at it.

I got an e-mail from the Duke Club that said they are holding a reparking symposium in Godwin prior to the Spring Game on the 20th. It's at 11:30 in room 344. Says they will demo the system that will be used for the reparking and answer questions.
04-18-2013 02:44 PM
Bill Offline
1st String

I got a chance to check out the system a week or so ago when I saw my rep, it looks really good. As for lots, I'll be in either G or Hanson.
04-18-2013 05:19 PM
JMUDukeDawg Offline
1st String

We always choose convo even though our giving level allows us to park other places.

We have several small kids in our group and it allows them to run around and it's not a bad walk to the stadium.

Well, until 71's crazy friends come up there anyway...
04-18-2013 08:37 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

The best thing about the Convo is you get to tailgate twice. Once with your own deal, then clean everything up walk down a hill about 200 yards
and party all over agin by walking through P or Godwin.

The drawback to parking in Convo is there is so much space you lose the intimacy with other tailgaters that you have in P and Godwin. It would be nice if somehow all the taigaters in Convo would set up next to each other and those who come later only to park and go straight to the game would park together. Tough to make that happen.
04-18-2013 08:58 PM
JMU_Newbill Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU & Whoever Plays VT
I'm guilty of parking further down the convo lot so I can spread out and have my own space. I'll touch base with people closer to the season and coordinate a little better... if you guys will have me.
04-19-2013 07:02 AM
Advertisement

BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-19-2013 07:02 AM)JMU_Newbill Wrote:  I'm guilty of parking further down the convo lot so I can spread out and have my own space. I'll touch base with people closer to the season and coordinate a little better... if you guys will have me.

Newbill, let's do it!!!

I've always thought that the biggest attraction to being in Godwin or P is that its like one big party. Because there is so much room in Convo, its hard to create the same atmosphere. This is especially true at all the games except the Family Weekend Game and Homecoming. Seems like a lot more young people in Convo as well (I'm not included in this observation, "cuz" I'm in my 50's).

It hurt the atmosphere at the ODU game when ODU's big bus came and parked right in the middle of the lot. They should have been put down at the far end. Not that I mind partying with them, it was the big bus itself that was the problem and the separation it made. I will be asking the parking staff to address this in the future.
04-19-2013 08:58 AM
JMUDukeDawg Offline
1st String

We have a few families that we've met that we'll try to park beside. Closer to convo it's more tight nit.
04-19-2013 09:30 AM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

Copy and paste of the post I made about 3 weeks ago on the old board:

"I have priority season tickets. To get those, you have to pay the minimum $125 “donation”. You can do that & park in the convo. I’ve been paying the $500 to park in P lot. Myself and 1 of my tailgating compadres are contemplating dropping from P-Lot to the Convo.

I P-Lot: Used to be able to leave at halftime, where would have time to go to your vehicle for about 10 min for food & beverages, then return to stadium without missing any of the game. No more as of 2011, as is no more stadium re entry. In this regard, it doesn’t make any difference what lot you are parked in.

Convo: No longer a disadvantage to park there being too far away for going back to vehicle at halftime for food & beverages, as there is no more halftime stadium re entry.

II P Lot Used to be able to turn left out of P Lot by top of lot onto BlueStone, then left at the traffic light, then immediate left onto I81. .2 miles, 2 min with no traffic, 5-10 min with at the end of game traffic.
No more as of 2011. Traffic pattern now: P-Lot to Carrier drive all the way through campus at a crawl with gameday traffic to Univ Blvd to East Market to I81 = about 2.8 miles. 8-10 min if no traffic, ½ hr if leaving at the same time as most people at the end of a close game or after fireworks. This is really frustrating as I’m tailgating up against I81, with 1/5 mile of the exit, yet I’ve got to go across town in heavy traffic to the Market Street exit. ASININE.

Convo: Left out of the Convo Lot onto Univ Blvd to left on East Market to I81. Used take longer much longer from exiting stadium to being on I81 compared to someone parking in P Lot. Now it probably doesn’t take any longer. Longer walk to your vehicle, but left out of Convo Lot onto Univ Blvd to left onto East Market to I81 = about 2 miles, but bypass having to go all the way through campus on Carrier Drive at a post game crawl like someone in P Lot does.

III P Lot: Used to be able to park wherever you wanted- 1st come, 1st serve. No more as of this season. Reparking with assigned parking spots by Duke Club standing. So if you have a group of people you’d like to park with as a group, your location is based on the person with the lowest point total. Probably around half the spots in the lot are either where the ground is sloped, or there is a tree or light pole (see previous post). If you get a crappy spot, you are stuck with it. So people like the assigned spaces. I don’t.

Convo: No assigned spaces, so if get there early enough don’t have to worry about being stuck in a crappy spot like could be assigned in P-Lot.

IV P Lot: Pay $500 this season, $1,000 next season to guarantee your spot.

Convo: Can pay $125 to keep your priority season tickets & park in Convo.

So we'd have to walk a little further before and after the game (I need the exercise), and the tailgating scene probably isn't as good.[/b]"
04-21-2013 10:10 AM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

(04-18-2013 08:37 PM)JMUDukeDawg Wrote:  We always choose convo even though our giving level allows us to park other places.

We have several small kids in our group and it allows them to run around and it's not a bad walk to the stadium.

Well, until 71's crazy friends come up there anyway...

I'm not crazy......
04-21-2013 10:13 AM
BSKB 24 Offline
All American

(04-21-2013 10:10 AM)BDKJMU Wrote:  

Copy and paste of the post I made about 3 weeks ago on the old board:

"I have priority season tickets. To get those, you have to pay the minimum $125 “donation”. You can do that & park in the convo. I’ve been paying the $500 to park in P lot. Myself and 1 of my tailgating compadres are contemplating dropping from P-Lot to the Convo.

I P-Lot: Used to be able to leave at halftime, where would have time to go to your vehicle for about 10 min for food & beverages, then return to stadium without missing any of the game. No more as of 2011, as is no more stadium re entry. In this regard, it doesn’t make any difference what lot you are parked in.

Convo: No longer a disadvantage to park there being too far away for going back to vehicle at halftime for food & beverages, as there is no more halftime stadium re entry.

II P Lot Used to be able to turn left out of P Lot by top of lot onto BlueStone, then left at the traffic light, then immediate left onto I81. .2 miles, 2 min with no traffic, 5-10 min with at the end of game traffic.
No more as of 2011. Traffic pattern now: P-Lot to Carrier drive all the way through campus at a crawl with gameday traffic to Univ Blvd to East Market to I81 = about 2.8 miles. 8-10 min if no traffic, ½ hr if leaving at the same time as most people at the end of a close game or after fireworks. This is really frustrating as I’m tailgating up against I81, with 1/5 mile of the exit, yet I’ve got to go across town in heavy traffic to the Market Street exit. ASININE.

Convo: Left out of the Convo Lot onto Univ Blvd to left on East Market to I81. Used take longer much longer from exiting stadium to being on I81 compared to someone parking in P Lot. Now it probably doesn’t take any longer. Longer walk to your vehicle, but left out of Convo Lot onto Univ Blvd to left onto East Market to I81 = about 2 miles, but bypass having to go all the way through campus on Carrier Drive at a post game crawl like someone in P Lot does.

III P Lot: Used to be able to park wherever you wanted- 1st come, 1st serve. No more as of this season. Reparking with assigned parking spots by Duke Club standing. So if you have a group of people you’d like to park with as a group, your location is based on the person with the lowest point total. Probably around half the spots in the lot are either where the ground is sloped, or there is a tree or light pole (see previous post). If you get a crappy spot, you are stuck with it. So people like the assigned spaces. I don’t.

Convo: No assigned spaces, so if get there early enough don’t have to worry about being stuck in a crappy spot like could be assigned in P-Lot.

IV P Lot: Pay $500 this season, $1,000 next season to guarantee your spot.

Convo: Can pay $125 to keep your priority season tickets & park in Convo.

So we'd have to walk a little further before and after the game (I need the exercise), and the tailgating scene probably isn't as good.[/b]"

But, my point is that everyone wants to go FBS and we need more money; not less. You are going from $500 to $125, which is your personal prerogative, of course; but, we need you to go the other direction for us to be able to fund big boy football. It is none of my business about your contributions, I am just using it as an example.
04-21-2013 12:27 PM
Advertisement

DooX Offline
1st String

The reparking symposium was good. I'm glad I went.

First off, the system they demoed looked really slick. Basically you are shown a map of campus to pick a lot and then drill down to the specific space you want from among what is available. The available ones are a light purple while taken spaces are darker.

Prior to your appointment time you can still login to the system and see what is available and what is taken, but you won't be able to actually pick a spot until your allotted time. If you can't make your time the Duke Club will pick a spot for you based on your giving level and where you've been in prior years. However, you can go back in later at any time and change it to something else (from among the remaining available spaces) if you want.

The appointment times should be coming out around May 22nd and the reparking will start on May 29th. They think there will be about 3 minutes between scheduled appointment times.

I think they may be putting up a YouTube video prior to the reparking to show how it works.

They won't know how many donors are eligible for what lots until the priority deadline (May 15th). However, they did provide some stats from last year:

Code:
Lot       # Spots   1st Quartile    2nd Quartile    3rd Quartile
          in Lots   Donor Ranking   Donor Ranking   Donor Ranking
Deck        170          109             250             466
Godwin      177          106             220             357
Hanson       78          321             561             744
G-Lot        91          389             551             771
P-Lot       247          494             680             850
C-4         236          905            1199            1418
D-2         319         1117            1440            1682
Convo       129         1151            1483            1786
04-21-2013 03:44 PM
JMUDuke25 Offline
All American

(04-21-2013 03:44 PM)DooX Wrote:  The reparking symposium was good. I'm glad I went.

First off, the system they demoed looked really slick. Basically you are shown a map of campus to pick a lot and then drill down to the specific space you want from among what is available. The available ones are a light purple while taken spaces are darker.

Prior to your appointment time you can still login to the system and see what is available and what is taken, but you won't be able to actually pick a spot until your allotted time. If you can't make your time the Duke Club will pick a spot for you based on your giving level and where you've been in prior years. However, you can go back in later at any time and change it to something else (from among the remaining available spaces) if you want.

The appointment times should be coming out around May 22nd and the reparking will start on May 29th. They think there will be about 3 minutes between scheduled appointment times.

I think they may be putting up a YouTube video prior to the reparking to show how it works.

They won't know how many donors are eligible for what lots until the priority deadline (May 15th). However, they did provide some stats from last year:

Code:
Lot       # Spots   1st Quartile    2nd Quartile    3rd Quartile
          in Lots   Donor Ranking   Donor Ranking   Donor Ranking
Deck        170          109             250             466
Godwin      177          106             220             357
Hanson       78          321             561             744
G-Lot        91          389             551             771
P-Lot       247          494             680             850
C-4         236          905            1199            1418
D-2         319         1117            1440            1682
Convo       129         1151            1483            1786

What do columns 2, 3 and 4 mean? Are there 466 donors eligible for the deck? 357 for Godwin?
04-21-2013 03:50 PM
brizzock Offline
Galactic Overlord

Reparking
I assume columns 2 - 4 are designed to give an estimate of where you'll need to be in terms of duke club rank to get into a certain lot. If you're in the bottom quartile, you may want to give a bit more to ensure that you'll have options in the lot you want. Based on those numbers, it looks like Godwin Field on average has donors who are higher in Duke Club rank than any other lot.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 04:08 PM by brizzock.)
04-21-2013 04:06 PM
DooX Offline
1st String

(04-21-2013 03:50 PM)JMUDuke25 Wrote:  What do columns 2, 3 and 4 mean? Are there 466 donors eligible for the deck? 357 for Godwin?

They didn't really explain it and I didn't look at the piece of paper until after I left and no one was around to confirm, but here is how I think it works. Taking P-Lot as an example there are 247 spaces. If you were to rank those 247 in order of their Duke Club ranking then the DC ranking of the person at around position 62 (roughly 25% of 247, the 1st Quartile) was 494. The ranking of the person at around position 124 (roughly 50% of 247, the 2nd Quartile) was 680. The ranking of the person at around position 185 (roughly 75% of 247, the 3rd Quartile) was 850.

So if you know your 2012 DC ranking, you can kind of see how you might stack up against everyone else in a specific lot.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 04:08 PM by DooX.)
04-21-2013 04:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.