Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CUSA expansion is not only about tv money
Bookmark and Share
bladhmadh Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
CUSA expansion is not only about tv money
The reports about the playoff revanue distribution said there would be a pay for merit system. The higher on the totem pole of go5 the more money. Taking ULL and stAte removes the sunbelt as a threat. Face it with the poor recent records of the remaining teams and all the start ups we are adding CUSA is not that far ahead on the belt on the field. Adding stAte and ULL does more than reduce travel it solidifies us in the pecking order
04-09-2013 03:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
RE: CUSA expansion is not only about tv money
Both stAte and UL would be in the Top 5 of CUSA for the past two seasons.
04-09-2013 03:18 PM
TG4 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Both programs are solid. I watched that NoLA Bowl when UL came back to beat San Diego St and the place was rocking. Same for the A State folks. Their basketball has been down but could be fixed with a few good moves.
04-09-2013 03:55 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
Re: RE: CUSA expansion is not only about tv money
(04-09-2013 03:55 PM)TG4 Wrote:  Both programs are solid. I watched that NoLA Bowl when UL came back to beat San Diego St and the place was rocking. Same for the A State folks. Their basketball has been down but could be fixed with a few good moves.

We were Western Division champs in BB so we aren't THAT far down really.
04-09-2013 03:59 PM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

I Root For: Southern Miss
(04-09-2013 03:59 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 03:55 PM)TG4 Wrote:  Both programs are solid. I watched that NoLA Bowl when UL came back to beat San Diego St and the place was rocking. Same for the A State folks. Their basketball has been down but could be fixed with a few good moves.

Isn't John Brady your coach? He is a ray of sunshine in a dark world.
04-09-2013 04:01 PM
TG4 Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-09-2013 03:59 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  

I sat behind the visitors bench a couple of years ago and Brady looked tired. I believe Kermit was his asst. when they made the Final Four run at LSU.
04-09-2013 04:05 PM
Advertisement

AndreWhere Offline
Banned

Brady's the man, but when he waterboarded that fan it was too much.
04-09-2013 04:14 PM
CajunFan8301 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UL

Hi Guys, been a while but thought i would drop by and catch some words of wisdom. It's funny how there are similar comments on all message boards about Rival Schools . For what it is worth, i think, "We the Fans"
need to take back control of our Conferences. I don't know about you, but many of our supporters here at UL want to be able to travel to nearby schools so we can enjoy the games. Isn't that what is important here? Putting butts in the seats, and developing relationships with institutions that are not so far away that you have to Fly. Any other reason is, or should not be as important, don't you think? Let's have some fun in our respective areas. I do know one thing, You all will enjoy your visit if you come to Lafayette, and you will be Welcomed accordingly.
04-09-2013 04:52 PM
TG4 Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-09-2013 04:52 PM)CajunFan8301 Wrote:  
Hi Guys, been a while but thought i would drop by and catch some words of wisdom. It's funny how there are similar comments on all message boards about Rival Schools . For what it is worth, i think, "We the Fans"
need to take back control of our Conferences. I don't know about you, but many of our supporters here at UL want to be able to travel to nearby schools so we can enjoy the games. Isn't that what is important here? Putting butts in the seats, and developing relationships with institutions that are not so far away that you have to Fly. Any other reason is, or should not be as important, don't you think? Let's have some fun in our respective areas. I do know one thing, You all will enjoy your visit if you come to Lafayette, and you will be Welcomed accordingly.

Lafayette and the Atchafalaya Basin area turns out a boatload of good football players and they all can't go to LSU, Texas or A&M. South Louisiana schools have always played good football. Even the bunch at McNeese will hand your arse to you if you don't prepare for them. Monroe jumped on its share of the BCS schools last year. I don't think they'll be invited back to Fayetteville, AR any time soon and they beat the ever living $hit out of Tulane last year.

Bottom line......the former CUSA schools and soon to be former CUSA schools have major skidmarks to show for the last few years of tangling with our so-called "second-class" schools.

I learned a very valuable lesson as a college senior in 1979 when John David Crow brought his NE La. (now ULM) team to Memphis and they whipped our as$es. Never take anyone lightly.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2013 07:11 PM by TG4.)
04-09-2013 07:09 PM
bladhmadh Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB

you changed the font?... did you think that would make us pay more attention? instead of reading you post I was compelled to mock you. Hi guys im a dw... the only thing that stopping me is that I actually want ULL and state in the conference.
04-09-2013 08:14 PM
AirRaid Offline
1st String

I Root For: H-TownTakeover
It can't be about TV money, because there isn't any money.
04-09-2013 08:23 PM
Advertisement

GreenBison Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall | SBC
(04-09-2013 08:14 PM)bladhmadh Wrote:  

you changed the font?... did you think that would make us pay more attention? instead of reading you post I was compelled to mock you. Hi guys im a dw... the only thing that stopping me is that I actually want ULL and state in the conference.

Actually he changed the Typeface not the Font, and the Font menu should be called the Typeface menu.
04-09-2013 08:53 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
(04-09-2013 03:04 PM)bladhmadh Wrote:  The reports about the playoff revanue distribution said there would be a pay for merit system. The higher on the totem pole of go5 the more money. Taking ULL and stAte removes the sunbelt as a threat. Face it with the poor recent records of the remaining teams and all the start ups we are adding CUSA is not that far ahead on the belt on the field. Adding stAte and ULL does more than reduce travel it solidifies us in the pecking order

If not then why add anyone?
04-09-2013 09:40 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

(04-09-2013 08:23 PM)AirRaid Wrote:  It can't be about TV money, because there isn't any money.

Glad someone on that side gets it
04-09-2013 09:42 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
(04-09-2013 08:53 PM)GreenBison Wrote:  Actually he changed the Typeface not the Font, and the Font menu should be called the Typeface menu.

Same difference.
04-09-2013 10:15 PM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

(04-09-2013 10:15 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 08:53 PM)GreenBison Wrote:  Actually he changed the Typeface not the Font, and the Font menu should be called the Typeface menu.

Same difference.

Nope, there's a difference.03-shhhh
04-09-2013 10:32 PM
Advertisement

HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(04-09-2013 10:15 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  

Same difference.

I wouldn't argue with GB on this. He runs websites and does graphics for a living. You won't win on this one :)
04-09-2013 10:44 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
04-09-2013 10:55 PM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

(04-09-2013 10:55 PM)shere khan Wrote:  Finally an intersting thread- Fonts and Typeface..Mash here

THANK YOU!!!!!
04-09-2013 11:01 PM
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
(04-09-2013 03:04 PM)bladhmadh Wrote:  The reports about the playoff revanue distribution said there would be a pay for merit system. The higher on the totem pole of go5 the more money. Taking ULL and stAte removes the sunbelt as a threat. Face it with the poor recent records of the remaining teams and all the start ups we are adding CUSA is not that far ahead on the belt on the field. Adding stAte and ULL does more than reduce travel it solidifies us in the pecking order

Why would we need another team in the conference from Louisiana? We already have La Tech. Why not go one in the West and one in the East if they expand?
04-09-2013 11:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.