Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Troy on the Texas State schedule again
Bookmark and Share
Cat79 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Texas State
Troy on the Texas State schedule again
Our games with Troy from the Southland Football League were some of the most hard fought games I attended. I look forward to playing you guys again even though our record against Troy is 1-3. The games were close in score and always had you standing to the end to know who would come out on top.

Here's to our renewed rivalry04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2013 10:21 AM by Cat79.)
04-08-2013 10:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: Troy on the Texas State schedule again
Since Tex St had their transition year last year in the WAC, are you guys eligible for bowls and SBC championship this year??? I can't keep up with all the moves and rules concerning each move...01-wingedeagle
04-08-2013 10:26 AM
slycat Offline
Heisman

(04-08-2013 10:26 AM)Usajags Wrote:  Since Tex St had their transition year last year in the WAC, are you guys eligible for bowls and SBC championship this year??? I can't keep up with all the moves and rules concerning each move...01-wingedeagle

Yes same transition years as y'all.
04-08-2013 10:49 AM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Nice, so by my math, this upcoming season everyone in the league will be eligible. Not the case for 2014, but we'll cross that bridge with whoever is still with us by that point....
04-08-2013 11:08 AM
slycat Offline
Heisman

(04-08-2013 11:08 AM)Usajags Wrote:  Nice, so by my math, this upcoming season everyone in the league will be eligible. Not the case for 2014, but we'll cross that bridge with whoever is still with us by that point....

Georgia St isn't I don't think.
04-08-2013 11:15 AM
Tuscon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Georgia State
(04-08-2013 11:15 AM)slycat Wrote:  
(04-08-2013 11:08 AM)Usajags Wrote:  Nice, so by my math, this upcoming season everyone in the league will be eligible. Not the case for 2014, but we'll cross that bridge with whoever is still with us by that point....

I think we can take the conference championship, but we're not bowl eligible. I asked the Georgia State beat writer this when it came up in regards to GS and Appy and he seemed to think we were good for the conference.

For what it's worth, I don't think it matters if we're eligible or not.
04-08-2013 11:23 AM
Advertisement

Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(04-08-2013 11:23 AM)Tuscon Wrote:  

I think we can take the conference championship, but we're not bowl eligible. I asked the Georgia State beat writer this when it came up in regards to GS and Appy and he seemed to think we were good for the conference.

Won't matter if you're eligible or not, no one in Atlanta will notice... 05-stirthepot

Due to the rules put into place last year, if there is not enough teams eligible for bowls, you guys become eligible with 6 wins.
04-08-2013 11:38 AM
Tuscon Offline
Special Teams

(04-08-2013 11:38 AM)Usajags Wrote:  
(04-08-2013 11:23 AM)Tuscon Wrote:  

Won't matter if you're eligible or not, no one in Atlanta will notice... 05-stirthepot

Due to the rules put into place last year, if there is not enough teams eligible for bowls, you guys become eligible with 6 wins.

Yes, yes. We know. You don't like us. Way to copy what I said though.
04-08-2013 11:47 AM
Cat79 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Where are all of the Troy fans?
04-08-2013 04:02 PM
troy4ever21 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Troy & SBC
I wasn't around back then, but I've heard a few stories of our games with Ga Southern and Texas State. I hope some bobcat fans can make the trip to Troy this year!

GO SBC! 04-cheers
04-08-2013 05:54 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
(04-08-2013 04:02 PM)Cat79 Wrote:  Where are all of the Troy fans?

In hiding keeping our mouths shut
04-09-2013 08:56 AM
Advertisement

Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
(04-09-2013 08:56 AM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  

Now that SCARES ME . . . .
04-09-2013 09:29 AM
troy4ever Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(04-09-2013 09:29 AM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  

The reason many have their mouths shut (myself included) is because with CUSA announcing they are going to 16, we're scared for our athletic lives. We know we aren't a contender to move to another conference. I know for me personally, I'm finally starting to feel like many othesr have felt already. The teams around us have all changed and we're playing, or about to be playing in a league of all FCS move-ups. Everything that we've worked to build for ourselves in the last 12 years since moving up to FBS is pretty much about to be gone and we're going to be right back to where we were in 2000. Just with nicer, larger facilities.
04-09-2013 10:34 AM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
(04-09-2013 10:34 AM)troy4ever Wrote:  

The reason many have their mouths shut (myself included) is because with CUSA announcing they are going to 16, we're scared for our athletic lives. We know we aren't a contender to move to another conference. I know for me personally, I'm finally starting to feel like many othesr have felt already. The teams around us have all changed and we're playing, or about to be playing in a league of all FCS move-ups. Everything that we've worked to build for ourselves in the last 12 years since moving up to FBS is pretty much about to be gone and we're going to be right back to where we were in 2000. Just with nicer, larger facilities.

I feel your PAIN. I know that the Sun Belt we accepted an invite from, and the Sun Belt we'll start playing in this Fall, look nothing alike . . I know that Troy and many of the departed/still present have worked HARD the past 10 years to both improve the on-field product and change perceptions about the conference. I can only imagine the frustration for Troy, stAte, ULM, Cajuns, ect. seeing all that work about to be set back ten years . . especially in light of the past 2 exceptional seasons the Belt just completed . . . 03-banghead
04-09-2013 11:22 AM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(04-09-2013 11:22 AM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  

I feel your PAIN. I know that the Sun Belt we accepted an invite from, and the Sun Belt we'll start playing in this Fall, look nothing alike . . I know that Troy and many of the departed/still present have worked HARD the past 10 years to both improve the on-field product and change perceptions about the conference. I can only imagine the frustration for Troy, stAte, ULM, Cajuns, ect. seeing all that work about to be set back ten years . . especially in light of the past 2 exceptional seasons the Belt just completed . . . 03-banghead

We are Disgusted... If you make your way onto Gotroytrojans.com it's loaded down with disgust. We as a fan base are sickened. We are much like the USM of the SBC in many ways.

There use to be more Troy fans on this site as anyone if not more... Now only 3-4 of us post cause we are just furious and just hanging around keeping our mouths shut till this coming football season and hopefully can take our frustrations out.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2013 11:54 AM by Atlanta Trojan.)
04-09-2013 11:53 AM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana

You finally are starting to feel like Cajun fans. Except this was the third time it has happened to us. Our peers in the 80's were ECU, USM, HOUSTON, LA TECH, COLORADO STATE, & Tulane. We were left out of the old Metro Conference, left out of the CUSA 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 and seem to be on the verge of getting in/left out of 2.5.

That is our reality. Welcome to our world.
04-09-2013 12:38 PM
Advertisement

troy4ever Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(04-09-2013 11:53 AM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 08:56 AM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  In hiding keeping our mouths shut

We are Disgusted... If you make your way onto Gotroytrojans.com it's loaded down with disgust. We as a fan base are sickened. We are much like the USM of the SBC in many ways.

There use to be more Troy fans on this site as anyone if not more... Now only 3-4 of us post cause we are just furious and just hanging around keeping our mouths shut till this coming football season and hopefully can take our frustrations out.

I concur with what he said. I'm just sickened over the whole thing. I use to enjoy coming to this board and posting. But within the last week, I just don't have the motivation to much because of everything that's happening. It's just depressing.

It's hard to stomach when you're such a die hard and loyal fan to the university that you're an alumni of, to sit back and watch as your school basically gets pushed out. That your school is not wanted or "good enough." Why? All because of greed and money in collegiate athletics.

As alumni, a strong part of who you are as a person is tied back to your college days and all you want is the very best for your university. Especially when you watch upstarts like the F_U's, Charlotte, or any other newcomer football programs who have only been playing football for about a decade or less moving on to a secure conference while your school, who has been playing for over 100 years, is possibly getting shut out because of geography or some other obscure reason.

The fact is...collegiate athletics is SEVERELY effed up. Who are we kidding? It is not about the athletes, the alumni, or the fans anymore. They don't care about a single one of us alumni or fans on a message board who devote our time, money, and energy to these universities. It's solely about money and how you can get more of it. Makes me not wanna be a fan anymore.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2013 12:53 PM by troy4ever.)
04-09-2013 12:51 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(04-09-2013 12:51 PM)troy4ever Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 11:53 AM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 09:29 AM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  Now that SCARES ME . . . .

I concur with what he said. I'm just sickened over the whole thing. I use to enjoy coming to this board and posting. But within the last week, I just don't have the motivation to much because of everything that's happening. It's just depressing.

It's hard to stomach when you're such a die hard and loyal fan to the university that you're an alumni of, to sit back and watch as your school basically gets pushed out. That your school is not wanted or "good enough." Why? All because of greed and money in collegiate athletics.

As alumni, a strong part of who you are as a person is tied back to your college days and all you want is the very best for your university. Especially when you watch upstarts like the F_U's, Charlotte, or any other newcomer football programs who have only been playing football for about a decade or less moving on to a secure conference while your school, who has been playing for over 100 years, is possibly getting shut out because of geography or some other obscure reason.

The fact is...collegiate athletics is SEVERELY effed up. Who are we kidding? It is not about the athletes, the alumni, or the fans anymore. They don't care about a single one of us alumni or fans on a message board who devote our time, money, and energy to these universities. It's solely about money and how you can get more of it. Makes me not wanna be a fan anymore.

[Image: Reaction_-_Amen_1.gif]

If it were really about athletics TROY would have been gone a long time ago.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2013 12:59 PM by Atlanta Trojan.)
04-09-2013 12:58 PM
Tuscon Offline
Special Teams

(04-09-2013 12:51 PM)troy4ever Wrote:  It's hard to stomach when you're such a die hard and loyal fan to the university that you're an alumni of, to sit back and watch as your school basically gets pushed out. That your school is not wanted or "good enough." Why? All because of greed and money in collegiate athletics.

I understand being upset about not making it into a more secure conference, but I don't understand "pushed out". Is the SBC doing something to make Troy not feel wanted?
04-09-2013 01:03 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(04-09-2013 01:03 PM)Tuscon Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 12:51 PM)troy4ever Wrote:  It's hard to stomach when you're such a die hard and loyal fan to the university that you're an alumni of, to sit back and watch as your school basically gets pushed out. That your school is not wanted or "good enough." Why? All because of greed and money in collegiate athletics.

I understand being upset about not making it into a more secure conference, but I don't understand "pushed out". Is the SBC doing something to make Troy not feel wanted?

No but when programs join the SBC after TROY move to a
Perceived better conference, and just about every other conference mate follows, We have a problem with it when we have been the most successful football program in this conference and one of the most successful baseball programs. As well as having one of the best facilities of everyone. It's upsetting. No disrespect to GA state, GA southern or app state but this conference is nothing more than a FCS+ conference. And we don't want any part in it to be honest. It's like we took a step back in Time to 1999-2000
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2013 01:44 PM by Atlanta Trojan.)
04-09-2013 01:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.