Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NBA Realignment
David Krysakowski Offline
1st String

I Root For:
NBA Realignment
North: Boston, Brooklyn, New York, Philadelphia, Toronto, Washington
South: Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Miami, Memphis, New Orleans, Orlando, San Antonio
Midwest: Chicago, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Indiana, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Oklahoma City
West: Golden State, LA Clippers, LA Lakers, Portland, Phoenix, Sacramento/Seattle, Utah
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2013 12:44 AM by David Krysakowski.)
04-08-2013 12:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
RE: NBA Realignment
no way Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Indiana, Milwaukee go west while Dallas, Houston, Memphis, New Orleans, San Antonio go east. No chance at all
04-08-2013 11:01 AM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
So a division of 6 teams, 7 teams, 8 teams, and 9 teams. I'm sorry, but this does not seem like a good idea. Things are aligned perfectly now with 15 teams in each conference, and 3 divisions of 5 teams per conf.
04-09-2013 12:10 AM
Advertisement

David Krysakowski Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I just would be fun. What I don't like about the current alignment is that Washington isn't in the same division with Boston, Brooklyn, New York, and Philadelphia.
04-10-2013 04:16 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I could see something more like:
Atlantic: Boston, Brooklyn, Cleveland, New York, Philadelphia, Toronto, Washington
Central: Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Detroit, Indiana, Miami, Milwaukee, Orlando
Midwest: Dallas, Denver, Houston, Memphis, Minnesota, New Orleans, Oklahoma City, San Antonio
Pacific: Golden State, LA Clippers, LA Lakers, Portland, Phoenix, Sacramento/Seattle, Utah

pretty close to what we used to have- except Utah now moved to Pacific in exchange for Oklahoma City to the midwest, and then in the east, you trade out Miami and Orlando in exchange for Cleveland and Toronto.
04-10-2013 11:01 AM
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
Is the NBA even considering this?
04-10-2013 11:55 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

(04-10-2013 11:55 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Is the NBA even considering this?

No.
04-11-2013 12:06 AM
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

(04-10-2013 11:55 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Is the NBA even considering this?

I could see the NBA actually considering it if the NHL has some sucess. It's a lot closer to what it used to be. For whatever reason the 5 team divisions just haven't caught on all that much.
04-11-2013 03:32 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I'm kinda surprised the NBA doesn't just go to 2 conferences (could even change it to North/South instead of East/West) and get rid of the divisions. Play each team in your conference 4 times (2 home, 2 away) (14 teams x 4 games per team=56 games), then play the other conference's teams 2x each (1 home, 1 away) (15*2=30). That would be a total of 86 games, only adding 4 more to the current season.

And they already play 8 preseason games (90 total games b/w pre- and regular season). So bump that down to 6 preseason games to go along with the 86 reg season (92 total games b/w pre- and reg season). Only adding 2 additional games.
04-11-2013 07:43 PM
jlog3000 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Florida State
Here's my NBA realignment version:

1. - Eastern Conference:
1.1. - Northeast Division:

Boston Celtics
Brooklyn Nets
New York Knicks
Toronto Raptors

1.2. - Atlantic Division:

Cleveland Cavaliers
Detroit Pistons
Philadelphia 76ers
Washington Wizards

1.3. - Southeast Division:

Atlanta Hawks
Miami Heat
Orlando Magic
Charlotte Hornets

1.4. - Central Division:

Chicago Bulls
Indiana Pacers
Milwaukee Bucks
Memphis Grizzlies

2. - Western Conference:
2.1. - Southwest Division:

Dallas Mavericks
Houston Rockets
New Orleans Pelicans
San Antonio Spurs

2.2. - Northwest Division:

Portland TrailBlazers
Utah Jazz
Seattle SuperSonics
Vancouver Polar Kodiaks

2.3. - Midwest Division:

Denver Nuggets
Minnesota Timberwolves
Oklahoma City Thunder
Phoenix Suns

2.4. - Pacific Division:

Golden State Warriors
Los Angeles Clippers
Los Angeles Lakers
Sacramento Kings

Schedule Format V-1.0 (84 total games):

Conference play; Division play; Intra-Section play: Each team will play four times – two home, two away – for a total of 12 Intra-Division Intra-Section games (3 * 4 = 12).
Conference play; Division play; Out-of-Section play: Each team will play all four teams four times – two home, two away – for a total of 16 Intra-Division Out-of-Section games (4 * 4 = 16).
Conference play; Out-of-Division play: Each team will play all eight teams three times for a total of 24 Out-of-Division games (8 * 3 = 24).
Out-of-Conference play: Each team will play all 16 teams twice – one home, one away – for a total of 32 Out-of-Conference games (16 * 2 = 32).

Schedule Format V-2.0 (82 total games):

Conference play; Division play; Intra-Section play: Each team will play six times – three home, three away – for a total of 18 Intra-Division Intra-Section games (3 * 6 = 18).
Conference play; Division play; Out-of-Section play: Each team will play all four teams four times – two home, two away – for a total of 16 Intra-Division Out-of-Section games (4 * 4 = 16).
Conference play; Out-of-Division play: Each team will play all eight teams twice – one home, one away – for a total of 16 Out-of-Division games (8 * 2 = 16).
Out-of-Conference play: Each team will play all 16 teams twice – one home, one away – for a total of 32 Out-of-Conference games (16 * 2 = 32).

Lemme know your thoughts.
02-02-2014 01:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.