Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Get to know WKU
Bookmark and Share
GreekTopper Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WKU
Get to know WKU
Here is some info on what we have to offer.

VR TOUR

Diddle Arena

Tradition
http://youtu.be/I77ZvwjOatw

Atmosphere at Diddle

Football Stadium

Atmosphere at Houchens LT Smith Stadium

Baseball

WKU Campus

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2013 05:38 PM by GreekTopper.)
03-29-2013 05:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
RE: Get to know WKU
03-zzz
03-29-2013 05:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WKUApollo Online

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
WKU is not in CUSA and may never be. I'm hoping we won't.

Be prepared for the usual suspects to derail this thread in 3...2...1.....

Smack board, here it comes.
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2013 07:18 PM by WKUApollo.)
03-29-2013 06:19 PM
RUNVSFD MINER Offline
The voice in your head...See?

I Root For: UTEP
(03-29-2013 05:50 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  03-zzz

All new edition schools have gotten that response.... Even those who are giving it now.
03-29-2013 07:11 PM
topper1296 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
Ty Rogers 3 point buzzer beater in OT for the win in the 1st round of the NCAA tournament in Tampa (this shot won the Espy for best finish). The best part was I there to witness it in person. 04-rock

03-29-2013 07:39 PM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
I'm starting to not like MT fans very much...
03-29-2013 08:38 PM
Advertisement

ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
(03-29-2013 08:38 PM)Niner National Wrote:  I'm starting to not like MT fans very much...

It's a 100 Miles of Hate thing. You wouldn't understand.
03-29-2013 08:44 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
(03-29-2013 08:38 PM)Niner National Wrote:  I'm starting to not like MT fans very much...

MTSU fans are good people. WKU takes shots at them too.
03-29-2013 09:05 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(03-29-2013 08:44 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  It's a 100 Miles of Hate thing. You wouldn't understand.

I understand you have a pissing match with WKU. But you don't have to derail every GD thread. Your pissing match has already done that with one.

Here is a "CRAZY" thing for you MUTS...Don't open the damn thread.
03-29-2013 09:13 PM
Blue Raider Dave Offline
1st String

I Root For: Middle Tenn
(03-29-2013 09:13 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  
(03-29-2013 08:44 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  It's a 100 Miles of Hate thing. You wouldn't understand.

I understand you have a pissing match with WKU. But you don't have to derail every GD thread. Your pissing match has already done that with one.

Lighten up, man. It's all in fun.
03-29-2013 09:14 PM
Heisman

How did I derail the thread? I responded to a Charlotte fan with the name of our rivalry.

Chill cause if they come it will get far worse than this. Geez talk about derailing. Yours was the most inflammatory post in this chain so far.
03-29-2013 09:17 PM
Advertisement

PureGold Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
(03-29-2013 06:19 PM)WKUApollo Wrote:  WKU is not in CUSA and may never be. I'm hoping we won't.
Interesting you hope WKU doesn't join. How come?
03-29-2013 09:22 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(03-29-2013 09:14 PM)Blue Raider Dave Wrote:  

Not when you regularly get threads sent to the damn smack board Little one.
03-29-2013 09:24 PM
Blue Raider Dave Offline
1st String

(03-29-2013 09:24 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  
(03-29-2013 09:14 PM)Blue Raider Dave Wrote:  

Not when you regularly get threads sent to the damn smack board Little one.

Whatever you say. Little one out.
03-29-2013 09:28 PM
WKUApollo Online

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
Since my post above about hoping WKU doesn't get an invite to CUSA has drawn several pm questions, I'll answer them here.

Honestly, I'm just tired of the bitterness between WKU and MT fans. It's gotten very ridiculous lately on the SBC board. Yes there are some WKU fans that participate in it but several MT fans make it their sole purpose to derail any legitimate discussion into taking swipes at WKU, attacks, etc.....and now it's on this board as well. WKU fans haven't come here to drop our name into the discussions, attacking MT or other new or old programs on this board. However, WKU fans have started showing up here because of the increasing volume of threads discussing WKU. Most of us have tried to be providers of information about our program. We haven't come here proclaiming we're going to dominate or anything of that nature. We've merely answered questions about our program and provided evidence to your fans that we are not a dead weight program but a program with a proud history of success in multiple sports and the resources to be successful in the future. The SBC and CUSA are two different leagues and success in one does not necessarily translate into success in the other, however, the potential is there and we feel we will compete. All fans should expect their program to compete.

Rivalries are a wonderful thing and truly make college sports the epitome of all that we love about competition. However, most fans know when to be civil and respectful. Attacking 24/7/365 takes away from the beauty of a rivalry. I come to these boards to engage in discussions about athletics. Leading up to a game and even immediately after a game with a hated rival it's fun to banter but what I've seen lately is immature and useless.

Would I love to be in the same conference as UAB, Charlotte, ODU, LaTech, USM, UTEP, Rice, UNT, FIU, FAU, UTSA, Marshall and even MT? Absolutely.

Will I enjoy reading this board should we be invited? Probably not.

I guess my post above about "hoping" we don't get invited was merely out of frustration. WKU has no other options. Stay in the SBC or maybe get an invite from CUSA. Btw, as I've stated on numerous occasions, I'm still doubtful that invite comes. If it doesn't, we'll stay in the SBC and continue to compete.

OK...let me have it now.
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2013 09:56 PM by WKUApollo.)
03-29-2013 09:44 PM
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators
Well said Apollo. It has gotten obnoxious. This is about as silly as fraternity rivalries. What's funny is the demographics and similarities between WKU and MTSU populations are almost identical. Outside of the shirt or hat we wear on Saturday, we are all very much alike.

"Can't we all just get along?"

03-29-2013 09:52 PM
Advertisement

Heisman

WKU in C-USA is inevitable my opinion. It's just a matter of when not if.

When you look at it from a broader perspective there are certain schools that are never going to be a match for C-USA. And it's not just about markets. That's only one factor. Having an emerging academic profile and a history of athletics success are important too. If it were just about markets you wouldn't have La Tech.

That said when you look at Western objectively they have more in common with the 13 schools that are part of C-USA now than those that are going to make up the future Sun Belt. And for that reason they will be joining this league. I just don't know if that decision is imminent or not. It could come soon or it could be another year or two.

Whenever you have 13 different perspectives agendas are going to play out. That's precisely the reason we were passed over for schools like UTSA, Old Dominion and Charlotte. And likewise there are some agendas that could impact Western's immediate future.
03-29-2013 10:01 PM
mathenis89 Offline
Sucks at NCAA Football 14

I Root For: WKU, Miami, OSU
(03-29-2013 09:44 PM)WKUApollo Wrote:  Since my post above about hoping WKU doesn't get an invite to CUSA has drawn several pm questions, I'll answer them here.

Honestly, I'm just tired of the bitterness between WKU and MT fans. It's gotten very ridiculous lately on the SBC board. Yes there are some WKU fans that participate in it but several MT fans make it their sole purpose to derail any legitimate discussion into taking swipes at WKU, attacks, etc.....and now it's on this board as well. WKU fans haven't come here to drop our name into the discussions, attacking MT or other new or old programs on this board. However, WKU fans have started showing up here because of the increasing volume of threads discussing WKU. Most of us have tried to be providers of information about our program. We haven't come here proclaiming we're going to dominate or anything of that nature. We've merely answered questions about our program and provided evidence to your fans that we are not a dead weight program but a program with a proud history of success in multiple sports and the resources to be successful in the future. The SBC and CUSA are two different leagues and success in one does not necessarily translate into success in the other, however, the potential is there and we feel we will compete. All fans should expect their program to compete.

Rivalries are a wonderful thing and truly make college sports the epitome of all that we love about competition. However, most fans know when to be civil and respectful. Attacking 24/7/365 takes away from the beauty of a rivalry. I come to these boards to engage in discussions about athletics. Leading up to a game and even immediately after a game with a hated rival it's fun to banter but what I've seen lately is immature and useless.

Would I love to be in the same conference as UAB, Charlotte, ODU, LaTech, USM, UTEP, Rice, UNT, FIU, FAU, UTSA, Marshall and even MT? Absolutely.

I guess my post above about "hoping" we don't get invited was merely out of frustration. WKU has no other options. Stay in the SBC or maybe get an invite from CUSA. Btw, as I've stated on numerous occasions, I'm still doubtful that invite comes. If it doesn't, we'll stay in the SBC and continue to compete.

OK...let me have it now.

Well, we're in now. But it seems that the rivalry here on this board (C-USA) has become extremely one-sided. Seems that any thread a WKU fan makes or any post that mentions WKU in a positive light is derailed and trashed by MTSU fans.

WKUApollo's "WKU INFO" thread was a perfect example. It was a thread that was spposed to give some information to our future conference mates about our school, history, and tradition. And what happened? Several select MTSU fans invaded the thread and began trashing WKU with their silly little "goat" insults and petty bickering.

Pro-tip MTSU fans: Doing this makes you look bad. Not us.
03-31-2013 11:13 AM
Blue Raider Dave Offline
1st String

(03-31-2013 11:13 AM)mathenis89 Wrote:  
(03-29-2013 09:44 PM)WKUApollo Wrote:  Since my post above about hoping WKU doesn't get an invite to CUSA has drawn several pm questions, I'll answer them here.

OK...let me have it now.

Well, we're in now. But it seems that the rivalry here on this board (C-USA) has become extremely one-sided. Seems that any thread a WKU fan makes or any post that mentions WKU in a positive light is derailed and trashed by MTSU fans.

WKUApollo's "WKU INFO" thread was a perfect example. It was a thread that was spposed to give some information to our future conference mates about our school, history, and tradition. And what happened? Several select MTSU fans invaded the thread and began trashing WKU with their silly little "goat" insults and petty bickering.

Pro-tip MTSU fans: Doing this makes you look bad. Not us.

Dude, this thread died two days ago and now you've resurrected it.
03-31-2013 11:17 AM
mathenis89 Offline
Sucks at NCAA Football 14

I Root For: WKU, Miami, OSU
(03-31-2013 11:17 AM)Blue Raider Dave Wrote:  Dude, this thread died two days ago and now you've resurrected it.

Two days old is hardly a resurrection.

But I can understand why you wouldn't want it brought back up.
03-31-2013 11:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.