Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who's your favorite athletic logo?
Bookmark and Share
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
Who has your favorite athletic logo? Don't include your own school due to bias.

[Image: jumbo_shot29782752.jpg]

[Image: rxc1hfymfewhz07msg1n2fm6h.gif]

[Image: f0escusps8d57q2gf0bpy1otm.gif]

[Image: Arkansas-State-logo.png]

[Image: 61-61304_ncaa_georgia_state_logo_prod.jpg]

[Image: ffkktpkk90pgra8ymh8k.gif]

[Image: Louisiana-Monroe.gif]

[Image: louisiana_ragin_cajuns_round_babdge.jpg]
03-24-2013 03:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

RE: Who's your favorite athletic logo?
1. Texas state.

2. Arkansas state

3. Western Kentucky

4. ULL

5. South Alabama

6. ULM

7. Ga state
03-24-2013 03:06 PM
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators
Like Red Wolves
03-24-2013 03:10 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

1.) Texas State
2.) Louisiana
3.) stAte
4.) ULM
5.) Western Kentucky
6.) South Alabama
7.) Georgia State (I don't like their logo at all)
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2013 03:13 PM by Burn the Horse.)
03-24-2013 03:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stAtecamera13 Offline
Beltbbs stAte Football INsider

I Root For: Arkansas State
I like Texas states logo. I actually am really starting to enjoy Texas State. They have some classy posters. BUT nothing beats

[Image: Arkansas_State_Logo.jpg]

I know i wast supposed to pick my school but i like this Logo and TECHNICALLY it wasn't represented above. 04-cheers
03-24-2013 03:33 PM
WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
1. stAte Red Wolves
2. Georgia State
03-24-2013 03:42 PM
Advertisement

mathenis89 Offline
Sucks at NCAA Football 14

I Root For: WKU, Miami, OSU
ULM
03-24-2013 03:45 PM
troy4ever Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

1. The Red Wolf head logo. It looks Bad A.

2. Texas State (Cat Mom's football uniform sig is awesome) I like the font of the writing as well as the Bobcat head. Also pretty Bad A.

3. Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns

4. ULM as long as it's the logo you provided. Not the one with the Warhawk head sticking up over the "ULM."

5. South Alabama. I like the logo, but I feel there's so much more potential than a white jaguar head.

6. WKU- I know it's an old and classic logo. But it's just kinda bland to me.

7. Georgia State. Completely unimaginative.

If I were ranking the Troy sword and shield logo provided, I would rank it 3rd in my list.
03-24-2013 03:48 PM
mathenis89 Offline
Sucks at NCAA Football 14

I Root For: WKU, Miami, OSU
(03-24-2013 03:48 PM)troy4ever Wrote:  6. WKU- I know it's an old and classic logo. But it's just kinda bland to me.

Yeah, it is to most. But if someone even tried to say WKU needed to re-brand and update our logo, the student fanbase would rise up with torches and pitchforks.

Too much rich history with the logo and WKU students/fans are in love with it. Means a lot to us.

However, a second/alternative logo I would support would be the one I have as my Avatar.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2013 03:55 PM by mathenis89.)
03-24-2013 03:54 PM
HCJag Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
1. Troy
2. Texas State
3. Arkansas State
4. ULM

I think USA's looks a lot better on a batting or football helmet than it does here.
03-24-2013 03:58 PM
CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
The font we use is called the "Wacker" font in honor of coach Jim Wacker. A student at TXST developed it in 2003 and was adopted around 2009. There are rip off's out there but the original font is trademarked.
03-24-2013 04:04 PM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
[Image: 110902055713_GSU_Logo_2.jpg]

[Image: Ga.-State3.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2013 04:06 PM by panama.)
03-24-2013 04:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
troy4ever Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(03-24-2013 03:54 PM)mathenis89 Wrote:  
(03-24-2013 03:48 PM)troy4ever Wrote:  6. WKU- I know it's an old and classic logo. But it's just kinda bland to me.

Yeah, it is to most. But if someone even tried to say WKU needed to re-brand and update our logo, the student fanbase would rise up with torches and pitchforks.

Too much rich history with the logo and WKU students/fans are in love with it. Means a lot to us.

However, a second/alternative logo I would support would be the one I have as my Avatar.

Oh I know. There's no way you guys will ever be rebranding. That would be like trying to do away with the Red blob. People would start rioting.
03-24-2013 04:05 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
Troy and ULM.
03-24-2013 04:06 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
1) stAte - love everything about our rebrand, colors, mascot, dual logos, everything....except the specific version that was posted.
2) TXST - love the colors, font, logo for marketing purposes. Would not go with the gold helmets...would look great with dark helmets. Bobcats has always seemed a little high school to me though. Sorry. I really like the other TXST logos with the star too.
3) Cajuns - love the use of the fleur-de-lis and flames but maybe not in disc form. Really like the chili pepper usage (seriously).
4) Georgia State - I like the GSU and the logo posted looks modern. But it is sort of cookie cutter. I may be biased because it looks sorta like UCA Bears
5) Troy - Good logo, but may be getting a bit dated.
6) ULM - The rebranding was okay and I like the mascot and concept but ULM's colors don't seem to fit with it.
7) WKU - It's a weird one. I understand the tradition, and traditions often seem weird to outsiders. Better to have them than not. The switch to WKU makes sense to me. That mound you have for a mascot is also weird but everyone loves it so you have to say it is a great success.
8) USA - This is the only one I really don't like at all. It screams FCS at me. It looks like a line drawing some art students would come up with. USA Jaguars has so much more potential logo-wise. You could do some really cool helmets with those colors and mascot. I figure they will get around to a complete revamping sooner or later and I look forward to it.
03-24-2013 04:19 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Getting dated? Our logo is only 10 years old.

And you obviously don't know how to follow directions.
03-24-2013 04:37 PM
Advertisement

CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

(03-24-2013 04:19 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  1) stAte - love everything about our rebrand, colors, mascot, dual logos, everything....except the specific version that was posted.
2) TXST - love the colors, font, logo for marketing purposes. Would not go with the gold helmets...would look great with dark helmets. Bobcats has always seemed a little high school to me though. Sorry. I really like the other TXST logos with the star too.
3) Cajuns - love the use of the fleur-de-lis and flames but maybe not in disc form. Really like the chili pepper usage (seriously).
4) Georgia State - I like the GSU and the logo posted looks modern. But it is sort of cookie cutter. I may be biased because it looks sorta like UCA Bears
6) ULM - The rebranding was okay and I like the mascot and concept but ULM's colors don't seem to fit with it.
7) WKU - It's a weird one. I understand the tradition, and traditions often seem weird to outsiders. Better to have them than not. The switch to WKU makes sense to me. That mound you have for a mascot is also weird but everyone loves it so you have to say it is a great success.
8) USA - This is the only one I really don't like at all. It screams FCS at me. It looks like a line drawing some art students would come up with. USA Jaguars has so much more potential logo-wise. You could do some really cool helmets with those colors and mascot. I figure they will get around to a complete revamping sooner or later and I look forward to it.

TXST was the first college to claim this as their mascot - 1921
Bobcats do live in and around the area and tend to wander onto campus now and again
The late Coach Oscar Strahan - "A bobcat will fight you with everything he has; with four claws, teeth, speed and brains."
03-24-2013 04:38 PM
troy4ever Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(03-24-2013 04:19 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  1) stAte - love everything about our rebrand, colors, mascot, dual logos, everything....except the specific version that was posted.

Atlanta Trojan said not to rate your own school due to bias. Apparently you didn't read.

Troy's logo is getting a bit dated? Really? These logos just came out in 2005. To say that they're becoming a bit dated is like saying you're own logo's are becoming a bit dated since they came out only a few years after ours.
03-24-2013 04:39 PM
CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

PS - have tried the dark helmets (in the past); it just doesn't work
03-24-2013 04:40 PM
troy4ever Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(03-24-2013 04:40 PM)CatMom Wrote:  PS - have tried the dark helmets (in the past); it just doesn't work

I love your gold helmets. I love everything about the uniform in your sig. You guys should stick with that!
03-24-2013 04:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.