Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Do you miss the days...
Bookmark and Share
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Do you miss the days...
Of hi-octane offenses or do you like games in the 50-60s? Some even in the 40s.

I love good D and the shot clock. I would even go along with a 30 second clock and 7-8 second to cross half court. Wish they we're more attentive to the 3 second lane violation.

Wish they would call more of those end of the game fouls intentional. Why treat the end different. You grab someone without going for the ball that's intentional.
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2013 07:20 AM by Tigerx3.)
03-23-2013 07:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

herkermer Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Do you mis the days...
I coached my now 9 yr old when he was 8 in hoops. I told my players, "try to steal the inbounds, if we miss, foul". So we miss the inbounds, i yell "foul him". One of my kids shoves the other kid clean out of bounds. Whoops! I should have been more clear. 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2013 07:24 AM by herkermer.)
03-23-2013 07:23 AM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Do you mis the days...
(03-23-2013 07:23 AM)herkermer Wrote:  I coached my now 9 yr old when he was 8 in hoops. I told my players, "try to steal the inbounds, if we miss, foul". So we miss the inbounds, i yell "foul him". One of my kids shoves the other kid clean out of bounds. Whoops! I should have been more clear. 03-lmfao

I remember those days. Kids can be very concrete. Lol
03-23-2013 07:28 AM
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
RE: Do you miss the days...
i think a shorter shot clock would make things even worse. teams are barely skilled enough to get ONE good possession in 35 seconds as it is. shortening the clock would only result in more rushed, bad shots. the single best rule change college basketball could make is inside 1 minute of the second half, any fouled team gets the option of free throws or a sideline throw in from their side of the court. i have watched too many games devolve into hackaramas and i cant stand watching 1 minute of game time take 20 minutes to play.
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2013 09:10 AM by tigerjeb.)
03-23-2013 09:06 AM
espnmylife Offline
All American

I miss the days when we would press the help out of people like Louise and VCU.
03-23-2013 11:02 AM
Advertisement

espnmylife Offline
All American

(03-23-2013 07:11 AM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  Of hi-octane offenses or do you like games in the 50-60s? Some even in the 40s.

I love good D and the shot clock. I would even go along with a 30 second clock and 7-8 second to cross half court. Wish they we're more attentive to the 3 second lane violation.

Wish they would call more of those end of the game fouls intentional. Why treat the end different. You grab someone without going for the ball that's intentional.

I think they will widen the lane soon and that will help.
03-23-2013 11:04 AM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

Re: RE: Do you miss the days...
(03-23-2013 11:02 AM)espnmylife Wrote:  I miss the days when we would press the help out of people like Louise and VCU.

When was that? Cal pressed about as much as Pastner.
03-23-2013 11:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
espnmylife Offline
All American

Kirk years.
03-23-2013 11:20 AM
Psicosis Offline
Remain in Light

Crappies
(03-23-2013 09:06 AM)tigerjeb Wrote:  i think a shorter shot clock would make things even worse. teams are barely skilled enough to get ONE good possession in 35 seconds as it is. shortening the clock would only result in more rushed, bad shots. the single best rule change college basketball could make is inside 1 minute of the second half, any fouled team gets the option of free throws or a sideline throw in from their side of the court. i have watched too many games devolve into hackaramas and i cant stand watching 1 minute of game time take 20 minutes to play.

Giving the option to decline free throws and/or instituting a minimum five-second runoff for fouls (thereby ruining the "oops I fouled before they inbounded" tactic) would do a lot to make the end of games less of a grind, for sure.
03-23-2013 11:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.