Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Catholic 7 Power Georgetown = Poser HaHaHaHaHa
Bookmark and Share
tom82 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis
Catholic 7 Power Georgetown = Poser HaHaHaHaHa
Wonder what Fox thinks of their deal with the "Power Conference" now ???
03-22-2013 08:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

T.I.G.E.R.S Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis/OU
RE: Catholic 7 Power Georgetown = Poser HaHaHaHaHa
So are we signing FGCU up for the new conference?
03-22-2013 08:15 PM
tigerlands Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
I'm can't believe the media, especially TV, keep harping about "power conference teams". There is no such thing. They keep talking about it year after year, all the will their so called elite teams go down. Just look at the NC games the last 5 or 6 years. What don't they get?
03-22-2013 08:19 PM
tom82 Offline
2nd String

(03-22-2013 08:19 PM)tigerlands Wrote:  I'm can't believe the media, especially TV, keep harping about "power conference teams". There is no such thing. They keep talking about it year after year, all the will their so called elite teams go down. Just look at the NC games the last 5 or 6 years. What don't they get?

Yeah all the "talking heads" on ESPN keep reminding us how playing all those tough conference games really prepares these teams to face.............Florida Gulf Coast in the NCAA tourney; and lose !!02-13-banana
03-22-2013 11:01 PM
Advertisement

Manofplay Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Since the move to the new Big East is about basketball and money, you wonder if Xavier and Butler are beginning to wonder if they made a mistake. A10 is proving that its the real deal nowadays. Not sure when the A10 tv contract deal would have come up again, but if anytime soon, might be a nice chunk of change. Of course geographies matter and all, but success drives fanbases. 6-0 in the first round is pretty tough to beat (especially if they can keep it up year after year, which with current coaches etc..., they might have been able to).
03-22-2013 11:41 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(03-22-2013 11:41 PM)Manofplay Wrote:  Since the move to the new Big East is about basketball and money, you wonder if Xavier and Butler are beginning to wonder if they made a mistake. A10 is proving that its the real deal nowadays. Not sure when the A10 tv contract deal would have come up again, but if anytime soon, might be a nice chunk of change. Of course geographies matter and all, but success drives fanbases. 6-0 in the first round is pretty tough to beat (especially if they can keep it up year after year, which with current coaches etc..., they might have been able to).

The money is more about eyes on the TV and less about wins on the court.
03-23-2013 06:53 AM
dexterreed Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Despite all the media accolades, JT3's postseason performance since the Hoyas' 07 final four run has been pretty pathetic. No sweet sixteens despite the following seeds:
08, 2 seed
09, no bid
10, 3 seed
11, 6 seed
12, 3 seed
13, 2 seed

For having such favored seeds, his teams have seriously underperformed what you would expect. I honestly think part of his problem is his deliberate style of play which haunts them in the tournament, perhaps because the Big East doesn't have enough variety in style of play.
03-23-2013 07:08 AM
Advertisement

Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-23-2013 07:08 AM)dexterreed Wrote:  Despite all the media accolades, JT3's postseason performance since the Hoyas' 07 final four run has been pretty pathetic. No sweet sixteens despite the following seeds:
08, 2 seed
09, no bid
10, 3 seed
11, 6 seed
12, 3 seed
13, 2 seed

For having such favored seeds, his teams have seriously underperformed what you would expect. I honestly think part of his problem is his deliberate style of play which haunts them in the tournament, perhaps because the Big East doesn't have enough variety in style of play.
How have they finished each year?
03-23-2013 07:17 AM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
(03-23-2013 07:08 AM)dexterreed Wrote:  Despite all the media accolades, JT3's postseason performance since the Hoyas' 07 final four run has been pretty pathetic. No sweet sixteens despite the following seeds:
08, 2 seed
09, no bid
10, 3 seed
11, 6 seed
12, 3 seed
13, 2 seed

I agree. You have to be able to score to advance consistantly in the tournament. Slow down teams like Gtown and Wisc get knocked out early year after year because they can't put the ball in the hoop at a high enough clip against good teams.
03-23-2013 08:38 AM
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
(03-23-2013 06:53 AM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(03-22-2013 11:41 PM)Manofplay Wrote:  Since the move to the new Big East is about basketball and money, you wonder if Xavier and Butler are beginning to wonder if they made a mistake. A10 is proving that its the real deal nowadays. Not sure when the A10 tv contract deal would have come up again, but if anytime soon, might be a nice chunk of change. Of course geographies matter and all, but success drives fanbases. 6-0 in the first round is pretty tough to beat (especially if they can keep it up year after year, which with current coaches etc..., they might have been able to).

The money is more about eyes on the TV and less about wins on the court.

Yep. Plus Butler and Xavier are moving from about $700k/year with the A10 contract to $3mm/year with FOX. St. Louis will be also joining.

But it will be fascinating to see how the BigEastv3.0 deals with the dead wood of DePaul, Seton Hall, Providence, and (usually) St. John's. As has been pointed out above, Georgetown is beginning to be shown a fraud. Didn't Nova also get bounced out early, too?

One could argue Marquette is THE most valuable of the Big East 3.0 "names" right now.

Despite the downturn, I hope Bowen/Pastner can arrange H&H deals with Marquette, Butler, and St. Louis. No need for Nova as Temple provides exposure in Philly. Georgetown is a shell of what they were. I could handle St. John's just to get the NYC exposure.
03-23-2013 09:40 AM
Advertisement

TN_Tiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tigers
Georgetown's style of play renders it ripe for upset in the tournament. When playing a low or mid major team, high major teams need to force the pace to overwhelm their opponents with athleticism. When Georgetown takes 30 seconds a possession, it's playing into the hands of a double digit seed.
03-23-2013 10:07 AM
dcg141 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Leaving the AAC
The Big East and K-State done jacked my bracket all up.
03-23-2013 10:12 AM
HiTiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: UoM
Gtown was a top10 team all season, with several big wins.

Upsets obviously happen at any given time, doesn't mean that the team can't play at all.
03-23-2013 10:19 AM
Advertisement

Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
They will be fine.

And really- are doing fine this tourney as well.

Creighton won.
Butler won.
Marquette won.
Georgetown lost.
Villanova lost.

Adding Xavier- they will be a strong basketball league.
03-23-2013 10:22 AM
dcg141 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Leaving the AAC
(03-23-2013 10:19 AM)HiTiger Wrote:  Gtown was a top10 team all season, with several big wins.

Upsets obviously happen at any given time, doesn't mean that the team can't play at all.

Your right. I guess the suprising thing was how Gulf Coast beat them. They really took it to the Hoya's.
03-23-2013 10:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.