Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Southern Miss gaining speed?
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
Southern Miss gaining speed?
Heard a rumor that they may be joining the Aresco Conference. Anyone hear the same thing? My sources normally deal with the power 5 conferences, so I don't get as accurate info when it's about the other conferences.
03-22-2013 01:14 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

AirRaid Offline
1st String

I Root For: H-TownTakeover
RE: Southern Miss gaining speed?
(03-22-2013 01:14 PM)miko33 Wrote:  Heard a rumor that they may be joining the Aresco Conference. Anyone hear the same thing? My sources normally deal with the power 5 conferences, so I don't get as accurate info when it's about the other conferences.

Dude....you are my weekly barrel of laughs03-lmfao03-lmfao
03-22-2013 01:30 PM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
this was one of your better efforts in recent memory 04-cheers
03-22-2013 01:35 PM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

I Root For: Southern Miss
(03-22-2013 01:14 PM)miko33 Wrote:  Heard a rumor that they may be joining the Aresco Conference. Anyone hear the same thing? My sources normally deal with the power 5 conferences, so I don't get as accurate info when it's about the other conferences.

I think we make about as much sense as Tulsa. We've recently hired a new president and one of the first things he did was hire a realignment consultant. Before that, we had an interim leader who probably didn't feel comfortable making any big decisions. I don't think he turned anyone down, but I don't think he was aggressive about realignment.

I've given up on getting the rest of the world to share my affection for USM, so I won't bore everyone with a laundry list of our strengths and accomplishments. But I will say that we were in the Metro, and in CUSA-I, and it's not like the world has reversed its orbit or flipped upside-down since then.
03-22-2013 01:40 PM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

Somebody tell me WTF is funny about this.
03-22-2013 01:41 PM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

I'm waiting. I'm not sure when we became a joke, or why. Houston wasn't too good for us from 1995-2012, and we've played home-and-home with ECU for about 40 years straight. Yeah, we're a bunch of hicks with inflated self-esteem... I get that. Is that the whole joke here?
03-22-2013 01:47 PM
Advertisement

AndreWhere Offline
Banned

OP, you're about 30 seconds from getting reported to the moderators. It's not a death sentence but it was made for this kind of crap.
03-22-2013 01:50 PM
OldGoldnBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: WVU
I personally like you guys and you would have been one of my first invites if I were Aresco.
03-22-2013 01:52 PM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

(03-22-2013 01:52 PM)OldGoldnBlue Wrote:  I personally like you guys and you would have been one of my first invites if I were Aresco.

Apparently this is some kind of joke at USM's expense. We don't deserve it.
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2013 01:54 PM by AndreWhere.)
03-22-2013 01:53 PM
krux Offline
Banned

I Root For: Louisville
(03-22-2013 01:50 PM)AndreWhere Wrote:  OP, you're about 30 seconds from getting reported to the moderators. It's not a death sentence but it was made for this kind of crap.

Oh nos! LOL
03-22-2013 01:56 PM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

Still waiting... I guess "NBPirate" is busy polishing all those Nobel Prize medals they've got up there in Greenville.
Advertisement

miko33 Offline

(03-22-2013 01:50 PM)AndreWhere Wrote:  OP, you're about 30 seconds from getting reported to the moderators. It's not a death sentence but it was made for this kind of crap.

What the heck did I do to you? I heard a rumor, started a thread and asked if others heard something similar. Ask the peanut gallery why they're lampooning it.
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

(03-22-2013 01:56 PM)miko33 Wrote:  

What the heck did I do to you? I heard a rumor, started a thread and asked if others heard something similar. Ask the peanut gallery why they're lampooning it.

I did, but I get the sense you're in on the joke... whatever it is. There are schools out there that deserve your derision much more than USM.
03-22-2013 01:58 PM
miko33 Offline

(03-22-2013 01:58 PM)AndreWhere Wrote:  

I did, but I get the sense you're in on the joke... whatever it is. There are schools out there that deserve your derision much more than USM.

Look, I think USM makes sense to join the Aresco conference. I heard that they were being considered. Maybe if you show a little patience and let people get a chance to read the forums, we may get some more info out of someone. Acting like a jilted lover and calling the guy/gal that broke up with you every 30 seconds will not get us any closer to more news.

My sources know a lot more about the power conferences. So I can't give any more info about what's going on in the other conferences.
03-22-2013 02:01 PM
apex_pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
(03-22-2013 01:56 PM)AndreWhere Wrote:  Still waiting... I guess "NBPirate" is busy polishing all those Nobel Prize medals they've got up there in Greenville.

So why complain if all you are going to do is stoop to the same level? If you are in the right, stay there. Once you stoop, you've lost any level of support for your complaint.
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2013 02:04 PM by apex_pirate.)
03-22-2013 02:03 PM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

Here's a suggestion:

If you're in the mood to unload on a school, choose the one that spent $40 million dollars cleaning up a sex abuse scandal. Or, choose the one that let its players cheat, but still runs snarky ads about how no one can get into its MBA program. Or, consider unloading on the school that tried to win a Heisman on the back of a made-up dead girl. If you must go with a low blow, what about ECU? They followed John Marinatto around like a little puppy dog for years, and then when they finally got into the Big East, it disbanded. That's a hell of a lot funnier than anything USM has done (IF you're bound and determined to be sadistic).
03-22-2013 02:08 PM
Advertisement

AndreWhere Offline
Banned

(03-22-2013 02:01 PM)miko33 Wrote:  

Look, I think USM makes sense to join the Aresco conference. I heard that they were being considered. Maybe if you show a little patience and let people get a chance to read the forums, we may get some more info out of someone. Acting like a jilted lover and calling the guy/gal that broke up with you every 30 seconds will not get us any closer to more news.

My sources know a lot more about the power conferences. So I can't give any more info about what's going on in the other conferences.

I'm not as stupid as you think I am.
03-22-2013 02:08 PM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

(03-22-2013 02:03 PM)apex_pirate Wrote:  
(03-22-2013 01:56 PM)AndreWhere Wrote:  Still waiting... I guess "NBPirate" is busy polishing all those Nobel Prize medals they've got up there in Greenville.

So why complain if all you are going to do is stoop to the same level? If you are in the right, stay there. Once you stoop, you've lost any level of support for your complaint.

I'm not in the right. I personally am a colossal jerk who would herd you into MM Roberts with a cattle prod if it weren't for law enforcement.

Most other USM fans are nice people who don't deserve this.
03-22-2013 02:11 PM
miko33 Offline

(03-22-2013 02:08 PM)AndreWhere Wrote:  Here's a suggestion:

If you're in the mood to unload on a school, choose the one that spent $40 million dollars cleaning up a sex abuse scandal. Or, choose the one that let its players cheat, but still runs snarky ads about how no one can get into its MBA program. Or, consider unloading on the school that tried to win a Heisman on the back of a made-up dead girl. If you must go with a low blow, what about ECU? They followed John Marinatto around like a little puppy dog for years, and then when they finally got into the Big East, it disbanded. That's a hell of a lot funnier than anything USM has done (IF you're bound and determined to be sadistic).

So this is your response? Instead of showing a little patience to see if others have heard something similar, you're going to carpet bomb this thread because no one has responded back yet aside from a few posters making fun of USM? Go after the ones making fun of your school as opposed to going after me - the guy who is trying to get to the bottom of this. I heard something, I posted it. I can't verify anything, merely asked if anyone else can corroborate it.

BTW, thanks. I was contacted by a MOD because of you. All because you couldn't sit back and allow other people a chance to read and comment with any info that they may have heard.
03-22-2013 02:13 PM
miko33 Offline

(03-22-2013 02:08 PM)AndreWhere Wrote:  
(03-22-2013 02:01 PM)miko33 Wrote:  

I'm not as stupid as you think I am.

Based on the way you're acting in this thread, I will not answer that.
03-22-2013 02:14 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.