Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

"The way we won"
Bookmark and Share
WColt45 Offline
Tigris Fanaticus

I Root For: West TN Normal
"The way we won"
I will admit, I was nervous there at the end. Call it luck, call it "escaping" or "ugly, but A WIN IS A WIN. For all of you folks out there complaining about it. Go follow Kentucky, TN, Pitt, SMU, or any other team sitting on the couch watching right now. You can always say a few bounces of the ball we lose, but a few bounces the other way and we win by 10.... Has everyone forgotten the 2nd round of 2008 tourney when we were a 1 seed and MissSt had a chance to win the game at the buzzer? Nobody seems to remember that when we talk about the team that blew out Michigan St, TX, and UCLA.... I say enjoy the win, move on to the next game. As some guy around here always says "The world is Ours"
03-21-2013 04:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
RE: "The way we won"
(03-21-2013 04:12 PM)WColt45 Wrote:  I will admit, I was nervous there at the end. Call it luck, call it "escaping" or "ugly, but A WIN IS A WIN. For all of you folks out there complaining about it. Go follow Kentucky, TN, Pitt, SMU, or any other team sitting on the couch watching right now. You can always say a few bounces of the ball we lose, but a few bounces the other way and we win by 10.... Has everyone forgotten the 2nd round of 2008 tourney when we were a 1 seed and MissSt had a chance to win the game at the buzzer? Nobody seems to remember that when we talk about the team that blew out Michigan St, TX, and UCLA.... I say enjoy the win, move on to the next game. As some guy around here always says "The world is Ours"

I'll take the win, but you do realize we could have lost that freakin' game?
03-21-2013 04:13 PM
tigers311 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Truth
"The way we won"
(03-21-2013 04:12 PM)WColt45 Wrote:  I will admit, I was nervous there at the end. Call it luck, call it "escaping" or "ugly, but A WIN IS A WIN. For all of you folks out there complaining about it. Go follow Kentucky, TN, Pitt, SMU, or any other team sitting on the couch watching right now. You can always say a few bounces of the ball we lose, but a few bounces the other way and we win by 10.... Has everyone forgotten the 2nd round of 2008 tourney when we were a 1 seed and MissSt had a chance to win the game at the buzzer? Nobody seems to remember that when we talk about the team that blew out Michigan St, TX, and UCLA.... I say enjoy the win, move on to the next game. As some guy around here always says "The world is Ours"

As well as the 08-09 season when Sallie saved us in the first game. Survive and advance

MEMPHIS TIGERS
03-21-2013 04:16 PM
WColt45 Offline
Tigris Fanaticus

I Root For: West TN Normal
(03-21-2013 04:13 PM)Tiger46 Wrote:  

We could have also lost a 2 of the SMiss games, the UTEP game, Marshall game, coulda won the Xavier game, could've won against AZ a couple years back, coulda had Cal stay here, could still have Sno Cones in the AOB... (get where I'm headed with this?)
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2013 04:18 PM by WColt45.)
03-21-2013 04:18 PM
Tanyaskees Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

But we didn't.....that's all that matters.
03-21-2013 04:19 PM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

(03-21-2013 04:19 PM)Tanyaskees Wrote:  

But we didn't.....that's all that matters.

Funny. 04-rock04-rock04-rock02-13-banana02-13-banana
03-21-2013 04:21 PM
Advertisement

midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

St. Mary's didn't almost beat us. We almost gave the game to them. FACT. But we didn't, so now the players will be relaxed and free to play. And some of our guys who didn't play well offensively will play ball on Sat.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2013 04:22 PM by midtowncowboy.)
03-21-2013 04:22 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame

Yes and you also could have gotten laid in the last decade, the point is that neither happened.
03-21-2013 04:23 PM
uofmbrad Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers/Miss St.
"The way we won"
Nobody cares that we ALMOST beat Ariz 2 years ago.
03-21-2013 04:25 PM
UofMark Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
(03-21-2013 04:13 PM)Tiger46 Wrote:  I'll take the win, but you do realize we could have lost that freakin' game?

Totally agree. I'm still shaking thinking about that last shot going in to beat us. It would've been the official video of March Madness, shown over and over for years. They still pull out that Ole Miss/Valpo game ending shot from many years ago. This game could've been that. Thank God it wasn't. Now it's just a 54-52 Tiger win. History will remember it as that.
Victory. On to Saturday.
03-21-2013 04:26 PM
FORealTigerFan Offline
Say What?

I Root For: Beer
Had some close ones with the 85 final 4 team. A win is a win.
03-21-2013 04:27 PM
Advertisement

mitjones Offline
All American

Tarik needs to work on nothing but free throws. Other teams will start doing Hack-A-Tarik.
03-21-2013 04:27 PM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

(03-21-2013 04:27 PM)FORealTigerFan Wrote:  Had some close ones with the 85 final 4 team. A win is a win.

Yep, 2 of them. BC was a killer. Almost cried. Did cry when Lee was knocking down FT's to take us to the Final 4.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2013 04:33 PM by midtowncowboy.)
03-21-2013 04:32 PM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

(03-21-2013 04:27 PM)mitjones Wrote:  Tarik needs to work on nothing but free throws. Other teams will start doing Hack-A-Tarik.

Yeah. Need to hit about 60-65%.

But I have to question why he was in the game with 2 minutes to go. We should have had 5 guards on the floor. No one was rebounding any way.
03-21-2013 04:34 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(03-21-2013 04:27 PM)mitjones Wrote:  Tarik needs to work on nothing but free throws. Other teams will start doing Hack-A-Tarik.

They already do it...

C-USA teams did it all year...As soon as he got in s position to score they would get very physical
03-21-2013 04:38 PM
dan o Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
I guess I've always assumed that some of the many well paid guys in suits are always keeping Josh informed about who is in foul trouble, minutes played, sub match ups, etc

Is that not true?
03-21-2013 04:41 PM
Advertisement

espnmylife Offline
All American

(03-21-2013 04:32 PM)midtowncowboy Wrote:  
(03-21-2013 04:27 PM)FORealTigerFan Wrote:  Had some close ones with the 85 final 4 team. A win is a win.

Yep, 2 of them. BC was a killer. Almost cried. Did cry when Lee was knocking down FT's to take us to the Final 4.

UAB, BC and Oklahoma were all pretty tight. Even the Penn game was too close for comfort.
03-21-2013 05:37 PM
Jedi Master Sipho-Dyas Offline
Knower of all known knowings

I Root For: Master Yoda

I realized that before the tip off

Its the NCAA tournament. Not CUSA
03-21-2013 05:39 PM
UMTiger117 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The TIGERS!

Didn't Marquette just one by a point? I agree...WINI is a WIN.
03-21-2013 05:41 PM
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

All good teams have ugly wins. We haven't had any more than most.

Anyone watch Davidson v. Marquette today?
03-21-2013 05:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.