Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Too Old and Too White...
Bookmark and Share
BobL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU
Too Old and Too White...
What most of us have know for some time....the GOP needs to "evolve" on social issues, immigration, etc. Become more inclusive.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/201...?hpt=hp_t1

Excerpts..

"Public perception of the Party is at record lows," the report states. "Young voters are increasingly rolling their eyes at what the Party represents, and many minorities wrongly think that Republicans do not like them or want them in the country. When someone rolls their eyes at us, they are not likely to open their ears to us."

"If Hispanic Americans perceive that a GOP nominee or candidate does not want them in the United States (i.e. self-deportation), they will not pay attention to our next sentence," it states. In one of its few policy recommendations, the report counsels Republicans to "embrace and champion" comprehensive immigration reform.
03-18-2013 12:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Too Old and Too White...
Hispanic americans cant be deported because they arw legally here. i agree we need comprehensive immigration reform but granting amnesty broadbased is wrong.
03-18-2013 01:23 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I find myself not at odds with small-c conservative principals, but more and more at odds with traditional Republican platforms.

For Republicans, the "what went wrong" stuff is easy but the the "how do you fix it" is harder.

I want a small government, appropriate taxes, and for politicians to leave Americans the hell alone.
03-18-2013 01:43 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-18-2013 01:43 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  I find myself not at odds with small-c conservative principals, but more and more at odds with traditional Republican platforms.

For Republicans, the "what went wrong" stuff is easy but the the "how do you fix it" is harder.

I want a small government, appropriate taxes, and for politicians to leave Americans the hell alone.

+1
03-18-2013 01:47 PM
BobL Offline
Heisman

(03-18-2013 01:23 PM)klake87 Wrote:  Hispanic americans cant be deported because they arw legally here. i agree we need comprehensive immigration reform but granting amnesty broadbased is wrong.

umm..you read that wrong...
03-18-2013 02:39 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(03-18-2013 01:23 PM)klake87 Wrote:  Hispanic americans cant be deported because they arw legally here. i agree we need comprehensive immigration reform but granting amnesty broadbased is wrong.

Yea I really hope both sides aren't caving in to provide amnesty for political expediency. Somebody needs to grow a pair. It's ridiculous to claim you're "breaking up a family" when they snuck in here illegally.
03-18-2013 03:00 PM
Advertisement

klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

Illegal immigrants should never be allowed to vote. they have broken many laws to get into and remain in U.S.
03-18-2013 03:52 PM
leguptopee Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Family
Too Old and Too White....

That would be......ah..... Me
03-19-2013 12:32 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
03-19-2013 12:44 PM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
This is one reason why I do not watch CNN. It's racist.
03-22-2013 02:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Poliicious Offline
1st String

I Root For: WildcatsHuskies
Require every company when hiring an employee to submit their information to everify.com before they're offered a position and jail the employers who hire people without submitting their information to a database that confirms they are us citizens or permanent resident aliens and the illegals who are here will not be able to find work. Also require any gov't agency that provides services to submit each receipient's information to the same or similar database and not provide assistance to those that aren't US Citizens(not sure if this is being done now or not) and tax $ won't be spent on illiegal aliens.

If denying assistance to illegal aliens affects their children who were born here which under our crazy immigration laws makes them US citizens, too bad. Nobody born in the US to parents who are both illegal aliens should be considered citizens.

Illegals who can't get work or assistance will leave unless churches provide them with assistance which I can't see too many churches having the resources to do. The congregation I belong to serves as the food pantry for our township and I'll bet that alot of those who get food aren't citizens but at least we're not handing them $.
03-23-2013 07:54 AM
Advertisement

Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
(03-23-2013 07:54 AM)Poliicious Wrote:  Require every company when hiring an employee to submit their information to everify.com before they're offered a position and jail the employers who hire people without submitting their information to a database that confirms they are us citizens or permanent resident aliens and the illegals who are here will not be able to find work. Also require any gov't agency that provides services to submit each receipient's information to the same or similar database and not provide assistance to those that aren't US Citizens(not sure if this is being done now or not) and tax $ won't be spent on illiegal aliens.

If denying assistance to illegal aliens affects their children who were born here which under our crazy immigration laws makes them US citizens, too bad. Nobody born in the US to parents who are both illegal aliens should be considered citizens.

Illegals who can't get work or assistance will leave unless churches provide them with assistance which I can't see too many churches having the resources to do. The congregation I belong to serves as the food pantry for our township and I'll bet that alot of those who get food aren't citizens but at least we're not handing them $.

Illegals are not "really here" anyway, at least not officially. They want to practice the art of not being seen, while also being seen.
03-25-2013 10:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

(03-23-2013 07:54 AM)Poliicious Wrote:  If denying assistance to illegal aliens affects their children who were born here which under our crazy immigration laws makes them US citizens, too bad. Nobody born in the US to parents who are both illegal aliens should be considered citizens.

The 14th Amendment says otherwise, and when in doubt, I err with the Constitution.

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."
03-25-2013 11:55 AM
BobL Offline
Heisman

(03-25-2013 11:55 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(03-23-2013 07:54 AM)Poliicious Wrote:  If denying assistance to illegal aliens affects their children who were born here which under our crazy immigration laws makes them US citizens, too bad. Nobody born in the US to parents who are both illegal aliens should be considered citizens.

The 14th Amendment says otherwise, and when in doubt, I err with the Constitution.

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

Yea, but at some point this must be revisited and perhaps an amendment put up for vote that would be more realistic in today's world.
03-25-2013 04:21 PM
Poliicious Offline
1st String

Yes I am aware of that, that is a law that needs to be amended and changed. Only if there was the political will to do that. My Columbian sister in law recently got her perminant resident alien status and it took years for that to be completed. Others who get here illegally shouldn't be granted amnesty or any type of Legal resident status as it makes a mockery of the the work that those who have come to the US Legally have completed. She's attending community college and her English speech and vocab has improved greatly in 3 years.
03-25-2013 04:34 PM
Poliicious Offline
1st String

(03-25-2013 10:15 AM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  
(03-23-2013 07:54 AM)Poliicious Wrote:  Require every company when hiring an employee to submit their information to everify.com before they're offered a position and jail the employers who hire people without submitting their information to a database that confirms they are us citizens or permanent resident aliens and the illegals who are here will not be able to find work. Also require any gov't agency that provides services to submit each receipient's information to the same or similar database and not provide assistance to those that aren't US Citizens(not sure if this is being done now or not) and tax $ won't be spent on illiegal aliens.

Illegals are not "really here" anyway, at least not officially. They want to practice the art of not being seen, while also being seen.

their children do a great job of clogging up the public school system and sucking up taxpayer $ for ESL classes that should be used for other programs like Phy Ed, Art Education and other programs to benefit the children of tax paying English speaking citizens. Since many of them work for cash, they contribute no income taxes on the state or federal level to pay for all the serviced that they use
03-25-2013 04:38 PM
Advertisement

NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(03-25-2013 04:34 PM)Poliicious Wrote:  

Yes I am aware of that, that is a law that needs to be amended and changed. Only if there was the political will to do that. My Columbian sister in law recently got her perminant resident alien status and it took years for that to be completed. Others who get here illegally shouldn't be granted amnesty or any type of Legal resident status as it makes a mockery of the the work that those who have come to the US Legally have completed. She's attending community college and her English speech and vocab has improved greatly in 3 years.

Amen. And amnesty will happen again. And again. What message are we sending to those who come to the US legally?
03-28-2013 05:00 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

It was funny that a illegal woman hopped the 18 foot fence right in front of mccain and chuck schumer. sucks to be her
03-28-2013 08:20 PM
Poliicious Offline
1st String

(03-28-2013 08:20 PM)klake87 Wrote:  It was funny that a illegal woman hopped the 18 foot fence right in front of mccain and chuck schumer. sucks to be her

If I were President; the American troops who have been in Iraq or who are stationed in Germany protecting the Germans from who knows what, would be stationed on the border and ready to shoot at anybody crossing into the US at any point other than a designated point of entry.
03-28-2013 11:00 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(03-28-2013 11:00 PM)Poliicious Wrote:  
(03-28-2013 08:20 PM)klake87 Wrote:  It was funny that a illegal woman hopped the 18 foot fence right in front of mccain and chuck schumer. sucks to be her

If I were President; the American troops who have been in Iraq or who are stationed in Germany protecting the Germans from who knows what, would be stationed on the border and ready to shoot at anybody crossing into the US at any point other than a designated point of entry.
Great. Let's militarize the border. That will solve all the problems. 01-wingedeagle How about having companies stop hiring them instead of spending millions(billions?) that we don't have to militarize and build huge fortresses along the border. It seems to be working during the current slow economy. Many are actually heading back down south. Of course, we can also keep on going the route we are and keep lowering wages to make the jobs available not worth their time to come here.
03-29-2013 12:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.