Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Womens Coach: Brittany Ezell
Bookmark and Share
ETSUAlumni Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ETSU
New Womens Coach: Brittany Ezell
The last two coaches that Dr. Sander hired both came from the Villa 7 program that he created. Here were the womens coaches at the 2012 Villa 7. Perhaps one of these could become our coach:
Tempie Brown, Michigan State University
Mark Campbell, Oregon State University
Fred Castro, University of Tulsa
Kia Damon, Penn State University
Megan Duffy, George Washington University
Mike Divilbiss, University of Illinois
Megan Gebbia, Marist College
Darrick Gibbs, University of Miami
Ron Hughey, Florida State University
Candice Jackson, Duke University
Jody Kaczor-Berry, Gonzaga University
Sean Kelly, University of Portland
Carolyn Kieger, University of Miami
Patrick Klein, Ohio State University
Mike Leflar, Boston University
Mike Nieghbors, University of Washington
Tony Perroti, Louisiana State University
Tasha Pointer, Rutgers University
Tarrell Robinson, Virginia Commonwealth University
Charmin Smith, University of California
Keila Whittington, University of Oregon
Malikah Willis, West Virginia University
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2013 10:57 PM by ETSUfan1.)
03-14-2013 10:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

etsubuc Offline
All American

RE: New Womens Coach
Hes not qualified, but Science Hill girls coach resigned today.
03-18-2013 07:55 PM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-18-2013 07:55 PM)etsubuc Wrote:  Hes not qualified, but Science Hill girls coach resigned today.

For health reasons, if he can't handle the rigors of a High school program right now, no way he would be up to taking on a Div I program, which is good because he sure doesn't need to be even talked about.
03-18-2013 08:58 PM
BartowZone Offline
2nd String

I'm waiting for Buc Lineman to come suggest Pat Summit
03-18-2013 09:18 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
(01-15-2013 02:33 AM)One Of The Last Buc Linemen Wrote:  pat summit

1, she is focused and no nonsense
2, she comes from a football school
3, she can athletically direct us to be a better bball school
4, notoriety will land superior bball talent
5, notoriety will garner immediate national press attention
6, unlike mullins, athletes WILL come here because of the a d
7, unlike mullins, fans WILL attend games because of the a d
8, will provide solid direction and leadership
9, is a proven success on and off the court
10, she is a native tennessean and speaks the language
11, ut screwed her,,,,,,,,,,she may be interested in the new challenge
03-18-2013 09:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
One Of The Last Buc Linemen Offline
Banned

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
(03-18-2013 09:18 PM)BartowZone Wrote:  I'm waiting for Buc Lineman to come suggest Pat Summit

first: shut up moron

second: if i had my druthers, etsu would come off some bucks to hire this guy,,,,,,,,,,,

03-19-2013 12:38 AM
Advertisement

One Of The Last Buc Linemen Offline
Banned

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
(03-18-2013 09:28 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  
(01-15-2013 02:33 AM)One Of The Last Buc Linemen Wrote:  pat summit

1, she is focused and no nonsense
2, she comes from a football school
3, she can athletically direct us to be a better bball school
4, notoriety will land superior bball talent
5, notoriety will garner immediate national press attention
6, unlike mullins, athletes WILL come here because of the a d
7, unlike mullins, fans WILL attend games because of the a d
8, will provide solid direction and leadership
9, is a proven success on and off the court
10, she is a native tennessean and speaks the language
11, ut screwed her,,,,,,,,,,she may be interested in the new challenge

i would expect more class out of a MODERATOR than to take my suggestion for a.d. and completely post it out of context to a lesser position. in case you weren't aware, a moderators job (surprisingly enough) is to moderate 04-jawdrop , not pile-on
03-19-2013 12:42 AM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
I didn't do anything except post what you had earlier. If she's good enough for AD, how is she not good enough for womens coach?
03-19-2013 01:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I Root For: Justice
Fan1 has a tradition of taking posts out of context, as I told him in a recent PM.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 09:03 AM by PittsburghBucs.)
03-19-2013 09:02 AM
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I will be interested to see a few things:

A- If the names of the finalists are released. In the past they have been, most recently because of the recommendation of Mike White.

B- Who they are. I remember one other candidate along with Kemp; a Division II coach who had a reputation for getting better-than-D-II talent and having her team shoot threes.

But consider, if the candidates are people like D-II's and assistants at Chattanooga, then little has changed.

If they are assistants from major programs, this speaks highly of the growth of the program.

Finally, it is distressing that fans have come on here and mentioned things like Science Hill or Tyler Summitt.

ETSU may be growing with a new regime, but the fan base hasn't.
03-19-2013 09:09 AM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-19-2013 12:38 AM)One Of The Last Buc Linemen Wrote:  
(03-18-2013 09:18 PM)BartowZone Wrote:  I'm waiting for Buc Lineman to come suggest Pat Summit

first: shut up moron

second: if i had my druthers, etsu would come off some bucks to hire this guy,,,,,,,,,,,

I find this post so funny. A guy who honestly was suggesting that a lady who is suffering from Alzheimer's become ETSU's new AD and leader has the guts to call someone else a moron. Suggesting Summit might have been the dumbest post I have seen in my years of posting on ETSU boards and that includes thousands by Pitt, but you may have beat all his volume with that one post.
03-19-2013 09:51 AM
Advertisement

PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

A moron is calling others a moron.

How rich.
03-19-2013 09:54 AM
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

A lady suffering from Alzheimer's also would have been an improvement over what was here previously.
03-19-2013 09:59 AM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Wait!! I have it all figured out. We hire Pat to be the AD, Tyler as the women's coach, Fulmer as the football coach and Pearl as the men's coach. The TBR then trades ETSU to Board of Trustees for UT-Martin and a Junior College to be named later. We change the name to University of Tennessee - Tri-Cities (or maybe Upstate, worked for Spartanburg). If you can't beat them join them. Probably should change our colors to Blue and Orange as well.

I think Fulmer would be a great hire (as a coach or more likely a consulant) but we don't need to go all UT all the time.
03-19-2013 10:03 AM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-19-2013 09:54 AM)PittsburghBucs Wrote:  A moron is calling others a moron.

How rich.

The only person who called someone a moron in this thread was Lineman, not me. But I can't disagree with you. (damn that was hard to type).
03-19-2013 10:05 AM
TheShadow Offline
2nd String

(03-19-2013 09:09 AM)PittsburghBucs Wrote:  I will be interested to see a few things:

A- If the names of the finalists are released. In the past they have been, most recently because of the recommendation of Mike White.

B- Who they are. I remember one other candidate along with Kemp; a Division II coach who had a reputation for getting better-than-D-II talent and having her team shoot threes.

But consider, if the candidates are people like D-II's and assistants at Chattanooga, then little has changed.

If they are assistants from major programs, this speaks highly of the growth of the program.

Finally, it is distressing that fans have come on here and mentioned things like Science Hill or Tyler Summitt.

We haven't always seen eye-to-eye Pitt, but this post could not be more spot-on. I'm greatly anticipating this first hire of the new regime. I think it will speak volumes about how mindsets have (or haven't) changed around the program and what direction the new leadership will take the department. 03-thumbsup
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 02:14 PM by TheShadow.)
03-19-2013 02:14 PM
Advertisement

slappywhite Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: etsu
(03-19-2013 02:14 PM)TheShadow Wrote:  
(03-19-2013 09:09 AM)PittsburghBucs Wrote:  I will be interested to see a few things:

We haven't always seen eye-to-eye Pitt, but this post could not be more spot-on. I'm greatly anticipating this first hire of the new regime. I think it will speak volumes about how mindsets have (or haven't) changed around the program and what direction the new leadership will take the department. 03-thumbsup

i have to disagree...not with pitts post, but yours.

this hire means absolutly nothing. its womens basketball and nobody cares...well, except for the parents of the players and 3 or 4 people on this board.

the program needs a safe hire...thats all. it should not be veiwed as setting the tone of the new leadership direction. its womens basketball for pete's sake.
03-19-2013 02:54 PM
TheShadow Offline
2nd String

If it was women's tennis or golf, I'm with you all the way...but Women's Basketball is *typically* considered the premier women's sport on any campus, and the only chance any women's sport has for any notoriety in the media save a few token volleyball and softball games on ESPN's 2 through 8.

Is it a hire that will create shockwaves that reverberate through the community and region? Of course not. I never meant to imply that this hire is on par with a football or men's basketball hire. However I think it will show what we can look for in the department going forward. Even if they don't get the coach at the top of their list...does the list at least include some real "name" coaches, quality up and coming coaches from big-name programs, or is it just a bunch of no-name schmucks?
03-19-2013 03:15 PM
BartowZone Offline
2nd String

(03-19-2013 02:54 PM)slappywhite Wrote:  
(03-19-2013 02:14 PM)TheShadow Wrote:  

i have to disagree...not with pitts post, but yours.

this hire means absolutly nothing. its womens basketball and nobody cares...well, except for the parents of the players and 3 or 4 people on this board.

the program needs a safe hire...thats all. it should not be veiwed as setting the tone of the new leadership direction. its womens basketball for pete's sake.

This.
If anything, get a d2 and put some of the money saved toward a big time men's bball or football coach. Something that will actually be witnessed by more than 20 fans per game. I was shocked to see kemps 6 figure salary when they probably don't sell $50,000 worth of tickets all year for women's bball.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 08:28 PM by BartowZone.)
03-19-2013 04:14 PM
HatterFan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Stetson
Y'all should go for Dennis Cox, head coach at D2 Clayton State in Georgia. He won a national title a couple years ago and they're 32-0 this year. His two best players are transfers from JU and UNF by the by. Cox was a finalist the last two HC searches at both Stetson and Kennesaw State. KSU in particular made a big mistake passing on this dude.

http://www.claytonstatesports.com/sports...ches/index
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 08:17 PM by HatterFan.)
03-19-2013 08:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.