Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ESPN: B1G talking to Pinstripe Bowl
Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
ESPN: B1G talking to Pinstripe Bowl
A natural B1G/ACC matchup that just about everybody saw coming.

Loss of Notre Dame really damaging to Nbe/Arseco12 reports ESPN.

Liberty: Nbe/A12 versus CUSA
St. Pete: Nbe/A12 versus CUSA
Birmingham: Nbe/A12 versus CUSA
New Orleans: Nbe/A12 versus SBC
Military: Nbe/A12 versus MAC
Independence: Nbe/A12 vs SBC

MAC and SBC will come out winners as both Nbe and CUSA will need bowl opponents. MWC looks pretty much set with what they got.

The B1G is trying to diversify its bowls and opponents and it is tired of repeatedly sending its teams to three Florida bowls, each against SEC. The B1G is working on a Charlotte-Music-Holiday Bowl arrangement and also a Holiday-San Francisco arrangement so that B1G teams have different bowls, bowl sites, and opponents each year. The continual same bowl, same opponet thing is killing bowl attendance.

And, of course, the BCS conferences second goal is to eliminate NonAQ opponents.

Google B1G and Pinstripe Bowl and a ton of articles come up. But Nbe/Arseco12 can pretty much write off Pinstripe, Charlotte, and Champs Bowls. It is pretty much a done deal with the details to be worked out, rotations and such.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 09:06 AM by Tallgrass.)
03-13-2013 08:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
RE: ESPN: B1G talking to Pinstripe Bowl
Let me guess, Trollgrass is taking another shot at the Big East, pumping up C-USA, and probably posted no link to whatever garbage claim he's making? Did I nail it?
03-13-2013 08:19 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
Mote than likely it Liberty Bowl vs. A-12-(Only because of Memphis) vs. SEC 8-10. The Liberty will move heaven & Earth to keep the SEC Tie-In 07-coffee3
03-13-2013 08:21 AM
Louis Kitton Offline
Heisman

I Root For: High Fashion
(03-13-2013 08:21 AM)Maize Wrote:  Mote than likely it Liberty Bowl vs. A-12-(Only because of Memphis) vs. SEC 8-10. The Liberty will move heaven & Earth to keep the SEC Tie-In 07-coffee3

That is what I have. I've been tracking the bowl arrangements for years and the amount of bowls each league can certify. The Aresco League still stands above other conferences in that regard.

If you guys have any inside information on any of these games let me know...

A12 (6 bowls)
1) Liberty (vs. SEC #8)
2) Houston (vs. B12 #8)
3) Detroit (vs. MAC)
4) Hawaii Bowl (vs. MW)-Navy invitational
5) Beef O'Brady (vs. CUSA)-UCF/USF invitational
6) New Orleans (vs. SBC)-Tulane invitational
Backup: Pinstripe

CUSA (4 Bowls)
1) Birmingham (vs. SEC)
2) Shreveport (vs. MAC)
3) Armed Forces Bowl (vs. BYU/Army)
4) Beef O' Brady Bowl (vs. A12)

-My bet is the B1G is done playing a bowl in Detroit since they are talking about participating in the SEC, ACC, B12 bowl rotation plus the Pinstripe.

-I'm not sure if the Aresco League will align with the Military Bowl or not. I thought this game would go the direction of B1G vs. ACC with Maryland moving to the B1G.

-CUSA as it stands with Tulsa on board can only certify 3-4 bowl games with the NCAA due to so many FCS schools and CUSA being left with the underperformers. If Tulsa is replaced with Western Kentucky that certainly won't help things for CUSA.

Another problem that CUSA has is with the loss of the WAC there is going to be less leagues to play in the future. Due to this they'll almost have to play the MAC going forward and will be lucky to get 5 tie ins as a 14 team league.

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=423876&page=5
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 09:13 AM by Louis Kitton.)
03-13-2013 09:12 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

If that ends up being the A12 bowl lineup I may never go to a bowl game again unless ECU gets the gang of 5 spot.
03-13-2013 09:16 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(03-13-2013 09:16 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  If that ends up being the A12 bowl lineup I may never go to a bowl game again unless ECU gets the gang of 5 spot.

Yup, that's what I was thinking. The BE will likely attempt to get at least one or two more power conference bowls. First, i expect that FedEx will step up and help the nBE upgrade the Libert SEC pick from #8. I could see a # 6 pick there. I'd also suggest linking a Texas Bowl to the Pac12 and an eastern bowl to the ACC. That would get the BE to 3 post season bowls against power conferences---even if they were low picks it's better that having your reward of a 10 win season potentially being a game against N Texas St or FIU. Nobody is going to travel for that.

Also, i expect the BE to enter a bowl agreement with the MW for at least one or more bowls. That would limit bowls against the MAC, CUSA, or SB to just a few of the bottom nBE bowls. If you are a 6-6 nBE team, your just not going to get much of a bowl. It is what it is.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 10:25 AM by Attackcoog.)
03-13-2013 09:30 AM
Advertisement

Louis Kitton Offline
Heisman

I Root For: High Fashion
(03-13-2013 09:30 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(03-13-2013 09:16 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  If that ends up being the A12 bowl lineup I may never go to a bowl game again unless ECU gets the gang of 5 spot.

Yup, that's what I was thinking. The BE will likely attempt to get at least one or two more power conference bowls. I'd suggest linking a Texas Bowl to the Pac12 and an eastern bowl to the ACC. That would get the BE to 3 post season bowls against power conferences---even if they were low picks it's better that having your reward of a 10 win season potentially being a game against N Texas St or FIU. Also, i expect the MW and BE to enter a bowl agreement with the MW for at least one or more bowls. That would limit bowls against the MAC, CUSA, or SB to just a few of the bottom nBE bowls. If you are a 6-6 nBE team, your just not going to get much of a bowl. It is what it is.

I think all of the above here is a possibility.

The basic requirements are for the league to maintain bowls in Texas and Florida and the Liberty Bowl. After that there is some flexibility. How much though will depend on what the C5 leagues decide to do.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 09:35 AM by Louis Kitton.)
03-13-2013 09:35 AM
Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-13-2013 08:19 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  Let me guess, Trollgrass is taking another shot at the Big East, pumping up C-USA, and probably posted no link to whatever garbage claim he's making? Did I nail it?

No, you didn't nail it. Do a simple google search and a ton of articles from a ton of sources come up. With the internet, it is impossible to hide anything.

JohnBragg asked the moderators to ban me. And I assume many, like you, would like the same. But if this board ceases to become an aggregator of news sources from all the various conferences involved in this realignment episode, which is basically what it is, an aggregator, then this board becomes worthless.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 10:23 AM by Tallgrass.)
03-13-2013 10:22 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
With Rutgers and Penn State in the B1G, and Pitt and Syracuse now in the ACC, the Pinstripe Bowl would be stupid not to look into tying those 2 conferences up for that game. It makes more sense than any other tie-in...
03-13-2013 01:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CurveItAround Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Mean Green

Yup, that's what I was thinking. The BE will likely attempt to get at least one or two more power conference bowls. First, i expect that FedEx will step up and help the nBE upgrade the Libert SEC pick from #8. I could see a # 6 pick there. I'd also suggest linking a Texas Bowl to the Pac12 and an eastern bowl to the ACC. That would get the BE to 3 post season bowls against power conferences---even if they were low picks it's better that having your reward of a 10 win season potentially being a game against N Texas St or FIU. Nobody is going to travel for that.

Also, i expect the BE to enter a bowl agreement with the MW for at least one or more bowls. That would limit bowls against the MAC, CUSA, or SB to just a few of the bottom nBE bowls. If you are a 6-6 nBE team, your just not going to get much of a bowl. It is what it is.

No kidding. Think of how disappointed North Texas and FIU will be about the prospect of playing teams from a conference nobody has ever heard of.

Why should the NNC stop at only picking up 3 bowl games against power conferences? Might as well go for 6 or 7. Plus the MNC game of course.
03-13-2013 02:10 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(03-13-2013 02:10 PM)CurveItAround Wrote:  

No kidding. Think of how disappointed North Texas and FIU will be about the prospect of playing teams from a conference nobody has ever heard of.

Why should the NNC stop at only picking up 3 bowl games against power conferences? Might as well go for 6 or 7. Plus the MNC game of course.

Sounds like a plan!
03-13-2013 02:37 PM
Advertisement

Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I want to re-emphasize an earlier made point. I put this old article on this realignment board not to flame UCF or Nbe...but to remind all NonAQ teams and conferences that the BCS doesn't want to have anything to do with a NonAQ conference in a bowl game. These new BCS bowl sharing arrangements posted just recently on this board confirm the article I posted earlier.

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=623184
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 02:47 PM by Tallgrass.)
03-13-2013 02:45 PM
TIGER-PAUL Offline
All American

I Root For: PITT
I think A12 will have to do what it always has, try and get a bowl vs a power conf anyway anyhow anywhere. The old BE had to literally create some bowls to do it. Having navy all in would help. Moving liberty up in sec will be pricey.
03-13-2013 02:48 PM
johnbragg Online
Five Minute Google Expert

I Root For: St Johns

Yup, that's what I was thinking. The BE will likely attempt to get at least one or two more power conference bowls. First, i expect that FedEx will step up and help the nBE upgrade the Libert SEC pick from #8. I could see a # 6 pick there.

You'll be lucky to keep the SEC #8. I figure they sign to play an Aresco League team after they have their playoff team, Champions Bowl team, 2 bowls vs Big 10, another vs Big 12, 3-4 vs ACC, counting the Orange Bowl (with Notre Dame in the ACC mix). That's 7-8 right there, plus a team in the semifinals. And assuming that the Big Ten wants to dump one of the three Florida bowls.

Quote:I'd also suggest linking a Texas Bowl to the Pac12 and an eastern bowl to the ACC.

I'm pretty sure that the Texas and Alamo Bowls will get some combination of Big 12, Big 10 and SEC. Sun Bowl might be an option if the PAC or ACC don't want it. A PAC bowl is a possibility, since they usually have pretty lousy bowls, but I'm not sure why they'd want an Aresco League team that's almost guaranteed to not travel well to a Pacific or Mountain time zone bowl instead of an MWC team who at least might.

I expect the Military Bowl to be an ACC vs Aresco LEague bowl, since you have Navy and ECU, which beats what CUSA or the MAC will offer, and I don't think any other power conference wants a DC bowl.

Quote:That would get the BE to 3 post season bowls against power conferences---even if they were low picks it's better that having your reward of a 10 win season potentially being a game against N Texas St or FIU. Nobody is going to travel for that.

MWC vs Aresco League could be in the Armed Forces Bowl, Independence Bowl.
03-13-2013 03:33 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

The Military Bowl is terrible. I love DC but RFK is a dump and that bowl is low rent. I've run out of tolerance for going to bad bowls in crappy stadiums.
03-13-2013 03:38 PM
johnbragg Online

(03-13-2013 10:22 AM)Tallgrass Wrote:  
(03-13-2013 08:19 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  Let me guess, Trollgrass is taking another shot at the Big East, pumping up C-USA, and probably posted no link to whatever garbage claim he's making? Did I nail it?

No, you didn't nail it. Do a simple google search and a ton of articles from a ton of sources come up. With the internet, it is impossible to hide anything.

JohnBragg asked the moderators to ban me.

That is not true. I told you how your posts could be seen by mods.

Quote:And I assume many, like you, would like the same. But if this board ceases to become an aggregator of news sources from all the various conferences involved in this realignment episode, which is basically what it is, an aggregator, then this board becomes worthless.

The problem with your argument is that your link-fu is weak.

1. You often link old articles that have already been discussed and often overtaken by new information.
2. You often don't even link to the article.
3. You frequently mis-state what the article says.
03-13-2013 03:38 PM
Advertisement

panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
(03-13-2013 08:15 AM)Tallgrass Wrote:  A natural B1G/ACC matchup that just about everybody saw coming.

Loss of Notre Dame really damaging to Nbe/Arseco12 reports ESPN.

Liberty: Nbe/A12 versus CUSA
St. Pete: Nbe/A12 versus CUSA
Birmingham: Nbe/A12 versus CUSA
New Orleans: Nbe/A12 versus SBC
Military: Nbe/A12 versus MAC
Independence: Nbe/A12 vs SBC

MAC and SBC will come out winners as both Nbe and CUSA will need bowl opponents. MWC looks pretty much set with what they got.

The B1G is trying to diversify its bowls and opponents and it is tired of repeatedly sending its teams to three Florida bowls, each against SEC. The B1G is working on a Charlotte-Music-Holiday Bowl arrangement and also a Holiday-San Francisco arrangement so that B1G teams have different bowls, bowl sites, and opponents each year. The continual same bowl, same opponet thing is killing bowl attendance.

And, of course, the BCS conferences second goal is to eliminate NonAQ opponents.

Google B1G and Pinstripe Bowl and a ton of articles come up. But Nbe/Arseco12 can pretty much write off Pinstripe, Charlotte, and Champs Bowls. It is pretty much a done deal with the details to be worked out, rotations and such.

Independence is out - it is an ACC - SEC match up.
03-13-2013 05:48 PM
johnbragg Online

(03-13-2013 05:48 PM)panite Wrote:  Independence is out - it is an ACC - SEC match up.

For now. When everything gets redone, I doubt that the ACC or SEC wants Shreveport.
03-13-2013 06:08 PM
panite Offline
Heisman

(03-13-2013 09:12 AM)Louis Kitton Wrote:  
(03-13-2013 08:21 AM)Maize Wrote:  Mote than likely it Liberty Bowl vs. A-12-(Only because of Memphis) vs. SEC 8-10. The Liberty will move heaven & Earth to keep the SEC Tie-In 07-coffee3

That is what I have. I've been tracking the bowl arrangements for years and the amount of bowls each league can certify. The Aresco League still stands above other conferences in that regard.

If you guys have any inside information on any of these games let me know...

A12 (6 bowls)
1) Liberty (vs. SEC #8)
2) Houston (vs. B12 #8)
3) Detroit (vs. MAC)
4) Hawaii Bowl (vs. MW)-Navy invitational
5) Beef O'Brady (vs. CUSA)-UCF/USF invitational
6) New Orleans (vs. SBC)-Tulane invitational
Backup: Pinstripe

CUSA (4 Bowls)
1) Birmingham (vs. SEC)
2) Shreveport (vs. MAC)
3) Armed Forces Bowl (vs. BYU/Army)
4) Beef O' Brady Bowl (vs. A12)

-My bet is the B1G is done playing a bowl in Detroit since they are talking about participating in the SEC, ACC, B12 bowl rotation plus the Pinstripe.

-I'm not sure if the Aresco League will align with the Military Bowl or not. I thought this game would go the direction of B1G vs. ACC with Maryland moving to the B1G.

-CUSA as it stands with Tulsa on board can only certify 3-4 bowl games with the NCAA due to so many FCS schools and CUSA being left with the underperformers. If Tulsa is replaced with Western Kentucky that certainly won't help things for CUSA.

Another problem that CUSA has is with the loss of the WAC there is going to be less leagues to play in the future. Due to this they'll almost have to play the MAC going forward and will be lucky to get 5 tie ins as a 14 team league.

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=423876&page=5

1. Shot at the at large play off spot.
2. Top bowl will be the Liberty.
3. Military - tied to Navy and the academies.
4. Armed Forces - SMU tie - played in their stadium.
5. BBVA
6. Beef O'Brady
7. New Orleans - Tulane's back yard.

8. Little Caesars Pizza - Detroit - Current back up to the B-10 - might not want it any more.

9. Kraft Hunger Bowl - Might have a shot with Navy on board. Navy rotates their association between this bowl and the Poinsettia Bowl.
10. Poinsettia Bowl - Might have a shot with Navy on board. Navy rotates their association between this bowl and the Kraft Hunger Bowl.

Better kiss up to Navy and keep them on board. They have ties to three bowls already with the Military, Poinsettia, and the Kraft Hunger Bowls. Wouldn't argue with them about sharing the Army / Navy and Notre Dame money they receive and drive them away. Will Navy be the new ND and help the American 12 get bowls.

Also kiss the Belk, Pinstripe, and Champs good-bye. Big 12 is after the Champs, Gang of 5 out to get the Belk in a rotation system, and the B-10 and ACC are after the Champs with Penn ST, Rutgers, Maryland, Syracuse, Pitt, and BC surrounding it. The Carolina schools, VT, and Virginia are also with in driving distance too.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 06:29 PM by panite.)
03-13-2013 06:26 PM
panite Offline
Heisman

(03-13-2013 06:08 PM)johnbragg Wrote:  
(03-13-2013 05:48 PM)panite Wrote:  Independence is out - it is an ACC - SEC match up.

For now. When everything gets redone, I doubt that the ACC or SEC wants Shreveport.

But then and again they might need to hold on to this bowl. Both conferences have 2 additional schools with this next negotiation and might need this as a low end bowl for their ninth and tenth teams. If they don't take it the A-12 will be interested. Its worth $1.150 million per team.
03-13-2013 06:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.