Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Who do you like? Pick only one. Current or future CUSA members only!
Arkansas State
Delaware
Western Kentucky
Texas State
New Mexico State
Georgia State
Other
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Who do you like?.....for current and future CUSA members only
Bookmark and Share
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
Who do you like?.....for current and future CUSA members only
Who do you like and why? Pick one replacement or pick "other" and write who you would like to see added.
03-07-2013 09:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

egrizzard Offline
What?

I Root For: Memphis!!!
RE: Who do you like?.....for current and future CUSA members only
Georgia Southern.

Sorry-- no disrespect meant. I see that this said for current members only. I apologize.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2013 09:04 PM by egrizzard.)
03-07-2013 09:03 PM
baruna falls Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
James Madison
03-07-2013 09:05 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
La Tech was probably the strongest overall add to the conference.
ODU #2 Helps hoops and has shown strong in football
Charlotte #3 Former CUSA member and keeps a presence in NC

UTSA and UNT make sense in terms of replacing Houston and SMU coverage in Texas.
FIU and FIU make sense in terms of replacing UCF.
03-07-2013 09:06 PM
TG4 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Ark State. Great facilities, great fans, great history and geographically sensible
03-07-2013 09:08 PM
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

This is a difficult one for me to choose...do you go with Ark State who has won the Sunbelt in recent years?......WKU with all their basketball tradition and upswing in football?.......Delaware located in the Philly market with good football tradition....hmmmmm.
03-07-2013 09:09 PM
Advertisement

shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
NO
03-07-2013 09:13 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
I voted WKU. I think they are the best option right now. I think we should stay at 14 for now. If we lose more then ull or asu unless it's Texas team then TxSt. I'm not against other FCS move ups (appy, GA so, jmu or del) but don't see them as realistic right now. GA St fits with recent adds ( athletic budget/metro area) but I'd like to see some major improvement first.
03-07-2013 09:19 PM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
Ark State. Back to back ten win seasons in football. Nice basketball area and a 25 million dollar investment in football stadium and facilities. Also the only other D1 school in Arkansas.
03-07-2013 09:28 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
(03-07-2013 09:06 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  La Tech was probably the strongest overall add to the conference.
ODU #2 Helps hoops and has shown strong in football
Charlotte #3 Former CUSA member and keeps a presence in NC

UTSA and UNT make sense in terms of replacing Houston and SMU coverage in Texas.
FIU and FIU make sense in terms of replacing UCF.

NM, poll wasn't there when I posted.
03-07-2013 09:29 PM
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

(03-07-2013 09:28 PM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  Ark State. Back to back ten win seasons in football. Nice basketball area and a 25 million dollar investment in football stadium and facilities. Also the only other D1 school in Arkansas.

Cant argue any of that.
Advertisement

techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
WKU
ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Western Kentucky looks like the best of the list, but Arkansas State could also be a good addition.
03-07-2013 09:40 PM
ODUgradstudent Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
I like Ark State. Not for markets, not for history or rivalries. I like them because it's a good solid program with great investment. I think they would be really competitive in C-USA football and boost the profile. Also, they do well putting people in seats.
03-07-2013 09:42 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Give me the Cajuns for pure selfish reasons. I lived in Lafayette for 11 years and it would give me a reason to go back and see friends.
03-07-2013 09:43 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(03-07-2013 09:43 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  Give me the Cajuns for pure selfish reasons. I lived in Lafayette for 11 years and it would give me a reason to go back and see friends.

would Tech try and block ULL?
03-07-2013 10:07 PM
Advertisement

ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
Bottom line is this.

If Tulsa leaves and begins play in 14/15 academic year we have until the end of June to wait and see what's going to transpire elsewhere. You exercise all of that time.

If Tulsa does not begin play in the new league until the 15/16 academic year you do absolutely nothing for the next 15 months other than develop your contingencies for who you want to invite.

The reason (particularly in the latter scenario) is there is a damn good chance a lot is going to change between now and then. There is no reason for C-USA to jump the gun until we see what the next chess move is out of the Big 5 (particularly the Big 10 if I may beat that dead horse). Hell, by the time it gets here Tulsa may find itself on the way to the MWC and C-USA has more options. This is a very different scenario than played last year. Last year it was unknown what other moves may occur. This time there is absolutely no doubt that membership changes are going to occur within the ACC probably within the next four months but definitely within the next 15.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2013 10:19 PM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
03-07-2013 10:18 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(03-07-2013 10:07 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 09:43 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  Give me the Cajuns for pure selfish reasons. I lived in Lafayette for 11 years and it would give me a reason to go back and see friends.

would Tech try and block ULL?

I don't know that answer. I would rather take someone from the West to keep USM in the East too.
03-07-2013 10:22 PM
ODUgradstudent Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
(03-07-2013 10:18 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Bottom line is this.

If Tulsa leaves and begins play in 14/15 academic year we have until the end of June to wait and see what's going to transpire elsewhere. You exercise all of that time.

If Tulsa does not begin play in the new league until the 15/16 academic year you do absolutely nothing for the next 15 months other than develop your contingencies for who you want to invite.

The reason (particularly in the latter scenario) is there is a damn good chance a lot is going to change between now and then. There is no reason for C-USA to jump the gun until we see what the next chess move is out of the Big 5 (particularly the Big 10 if I may beat that dead horse). Hell, by the time it gets here Tulsa may find itself on the way to the MWC and C-USA has more options. This is a very different scenario than played last year. Last year it was unknown what other moves may occur. This time there is absolutely no doubt that membership changes are going to occur within the ACC probably within the next four months but definitely within the next 15.

Calling things stable in all this conference realignment is really, really stupid, but here I go...

Do you really think that the ACC will break up that soon, if at all? There's a lot of internal politics in NC and VA with regards to the ACC and I think I'm right in saying that UNC don't really have an appetite for moving. They're the kings right now and they like it that way, the ACC works for all the big players in it, at least that's my understanding. However I think by definition of being someone that posts on these boards, my understanding has no correlation with fact.
03-07-2013 10:31 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
(03-07-2013 10:31 PM)ODUgradstudent Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 10:18 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Bottom line is this.

Calling things stable in all this conference realignment is really, really stupid, but here I go...

Do you really think that the ACC will break up that soon, if at all? There's a lot of internal politics in NC and VA with regards to the ACC and I think I'm right in saying that UNC don't really have an appetite for moving. They're the kings right now and they like it that way, the ACC works for all the big players in it, at least that's my understanding. However I think by definition of being someone that posts on these boards, my understanding has no correlation with fact.

I don't really have any opinions one way or another on the issue, but your point well taken.

There is a 50/50 split at UNC about what to do. Very divisive issue in Chapel Hill. Virginia is a done deal. They just need a partner.

That said. Maryland is digestible. UVA is digestible, but if the ACC loses anyone else below the VA/NC state line (such as UNC or GT) then every other school begins to look out for itself and security becomes the issue. UNC because like you say they are the glue the holds the whole thing together. GT, because the SEC cannot allow that to happen and they will either take GT or if the Big Ten is able to steal Tech then the SEC can't continue to sit idle and watch the Big Ten gain and even stronger foothold in southeast, and they do have a contingency plan that could include UNC and Duke or perhaps even NC State.

I'm not saying I know which way all this is going to go. Too many variables, but as we have seen over and over again money and prestige trump history and tradition. I am impressed that GT has turned the Big Ten away twice (although I have reason to believe GT has been given some incentives by the SEC to say no), but I'm not sure how much longer they will be able to do that. The first sign of someone cracking then it begins to unwind from there. The Big Ten is not going to give up. They will get a southern based school. The only question is which one(s).
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2013 10:52 PM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
03-07-2013 10:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.