Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The UC players want Andy as coach
Bookmark and Share
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
The UC players want Andy as coach
That seems obvious, of course, but check out the article in the Post today.

Also see the Enquirer article:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...20391/1064

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...7/1035/SPT

Players want Kennedy
Coach's focus is on Villanova

By C. Trent Rosecrans
Post staff reporter

Before last week's game at Syracuse, University of Cincinnati senior Eric Hicks told interim head coach Andy Kennedy that he wanted to get the coach "some job security."

It wasn't just motivation to beat the Orange, but it's been motivation all season, Hicks said, to see the interim tag taken off Kennedy's title.

"The situation he's in, everyone wants to win, so he can get the job here or a better job," Hicks said. "Through all the stuff I've been through since I've been here, if it weren't for Andy, I wouldn't be sitting here today. He's just been there for me my whole time here. If someone keeps looking out for you, you're going to care for them."

UC athletic director Mike Thomas has kept mum on the proceedings, only releasing a statement last week saying Kennedy was "a legitimate candidate." Thomas declined further comment on Tuesday.

"Mike has come out and said he's got a timetable and a process he wants to occur, and I respect that," Kennedy said on Tuesday. "He's got a job to do and I've got a job to do. I don't sit around thinking is today the day he's going to make a decision. That's not going to happen. He's going to make a decision at the end of the year. We've still got a lot of basketball between now and then, so I'm going to continue to do what I can do to help these guys."

Some of his players believe Kennedy has done enough to warrant his hiring. The Bearcats are down to just eight scholarship players and are 18-9 overall and 7-6 in the Big East.

"I think they need to go ahead and give it to him, just for recruiting," said freshman Devan Downey. "What are we playing, besides me, we have four seniors playing 20-plus minutes. And then there's me and (junior Cedric McGowan). You have to look to the future."

As far as his future, Downey said he isn't thinking about whether he would transfer after this season.

"Right now I'm just living on this," said Downey, who is second among Big East freshmen in scoring with 12.6 points per game. "After the season, whatever happens, happens. Right now I'm not even thinking about it, I'm concerned about this team."

Downey was then asked if his decision would be easier if Kennedy were named the Bearcats' permanent head coach.

"Yes sir, it would," he responded.

The Bearcat players aren't the only ones hoping for Kennedy to stay on. There was a "Hire Andy" sign at Friday's game against Providence and there was also a "We want Andy" chant at the game. Following the Bearcat victory, a group of about 50 fans stuck around to listen to Kennedy's post-game radio show and then gave him an ovation when he finished.
But Kennedy said he's not thinking about it and was non-committal when asked if he wanted the job.

"I don't really come out and say that, one way or the other," Kennedy said. "Honestly, I'm trying not to live in that speculative world. I've got enough to worry about. We've got the No. 2 ranked team in the country coming into this building Thursday night. That's enough to keep me occupied."

02-22-2006 08:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BillyDon Offline
All American

I Root For:

Donators

Mike Thomas's seat is getting hotter by the day isn't it. Fans, media, and the players are all on the Kennedy band wagon. Then he's got little ole Nancy sitting behind him ready to slap him upside the head if he even mentions Kennedy. He probably wishes he was back in Akron where all he had to worry about was the new compuiter room he had put in. Don

02-22-2006 09:25 AM
BillyDon Offline
All American

I Root For:

Donators

I see I misspelled a word in my last. I want to ask the moderators for a new rule. Since I got my education out behind the barn I think I should be exempt from spelling and grammer mixtakes. Thats not too much to ask is it? Don

02-22-2006 09:34 AM
TK421 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

mc72642 Wrote:grammer mixtakes. Thats

05-nono

02-22-2006 09:46 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

mc72642 Wrote:I see I misspelled a word in my last. I want to ask the moderators for a new rule. Since I got my education out behind the barn I think I should be exempt from spelling and grammer mixtakes. Thats not too much to ask is it? Don

Don,

Simply go back to your post and click on the edit button. Your post will come back up for your to fix any grammatical and spelling errors.

Chatter

02-22-2006 09:56 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Rathskeller_Crew Offline
All American

I Root For:

TK421 Wrote:

05-nono

TK....
Your avatar is really freaking me out.

Back in the day on the C-USA board, the last guy who had a storm trooper avatar.... He Who Shall Not Be Named (rhymes with Bong). By the grace of God, He never seemed to find the new boards.....like the rider of the apocolypse from Raising Arizona, I have visions of him returning to once again rain his pestilence down upon us. ;-)

02-22-2006 10:24 AM
Advertisement

jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"

Rathskeller_Crew Wrote:
TK421 Wrote:

05-nono

TK....

Back in the day on the C-USA board, the last guy who had a storm trooper avatar.... He Who Shall Not Be Named (rhymes with Bong). By the grace of God, He never seemed to find the new boards.....like the rider of the apocolypse from Raising Arizona, I have visions of him returning to once again rain his pestilence down upon us. ;-)

He was over at the Den, and I think he go kicked off though. He never came over here though.

BTW, speaking of missig people, what happened to Cal and Snart. Are they ever coming back.

02-22-2006 12:33 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

Bearcattitude Wrote:Don,

Simply go back to your post and click on the edit button. Your post will come back up for your to fix any grammatical and spelling errors.

Chatter

That would work if Don wasn't misspelling his words INTENTIONALLY lmfao

02-22-2006 12:45 PM
oleskl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats

Donators

jarr Wrote:BTW, speaking of missig people, what happened to Cal and Snart. Are they ever coming back.

I know for a while Cal was having computer problems and he thought he had them solved, hopefully that's all thats keeping him away right now.

Didn't Snart ask to have his account terminated?

02-22-2006 01:04 PM
Rathskeller_Crew Offline
All American

I Root For:

Yeah, he dove on a grenade for the greater good.

02-22-2006 01:26 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Rathskeller_Crew Wrote:Yeah, he dove on a grenade for the greater good.

Now if we could only get "b" to do the same. ;-)

02-22-2006 01:27 PM
Advertisement

TK421 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Rathskeller_Crew Wrote:
TK421 Wrote:

05-nono

TK....

First, I put my picture, then I'm told nobody does that. Now I pick a new one and Now I am Voldamort. What's a girl to do?

02-22-2006 03:47 PM
Kenyon#4 Away
Retired

I Root For: Bearcats

TK421 Wrote:
Rathskeller_Crew Wrote:
TK421 Wrote:

05-nono

TK....

First, I put my picture, then I'm told nobody does that. Now I pick a new one and Now I am Voldamort. What's a girl to do?

Ignore them, some folks around here aren't happy unless they are complaining about something. ;-)

02-22-2006 03:50 PM
Rathskeller_Crew Offline
All American

I Root For:

Kenyon#4 Wrote:
TK421 Wrote:
Rathskeller_Crew Wrote:
TK421 Wrote:

05-nono

TK....

Ignore them, some folks around here aren't happy unless they are complaining about something. ;-)

Oh relax Kenyon. I was just kidding...we used to have a guy named Joe Pong that would show up say stupid things and get into fights with people....nevermind.

02-22-2006 04:03 PM
Kenyon#4 Away
Retired

Rathskeller_Crew Wrote:
Kenyon#4 Wrote:
TK421 Wrote:
Rathskeller_Crew Wrote:
TK421 Wrote:

05-nono

TK....

Oh relax Kenyon. I was just kidding...we used to have a guy named Joe Pong that would show up say stupid things and get into fights with people....nevermind.

Did you miss the ;-) ?

;-)

02-22-2006 05:50 PM
gruehls
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

mc72642 Wrote:Since I got my education out behind the barn I think I should be exempt from spelling and grammer mixtakes. Thats not too much to ask is it? Don

under no circumstance should you further expound on the education you got behind, within, or in front of, that barn, you old goat.

in the category of goats and barns however, you might find this amusing:http://www.wimp.com/fainting/

Rathskeller_Crew Wrote:TK....

that was not by the grace of god. that was by the grace of gruehls.

TK421 Wrote:First, I put my picture, then I'm told nobody does that. Now I pick a new one and Now I am Voldamort. What's a girl to do?

go back to the picture. some of us never got to see it.

Kenyon#4 Wrote:Ignore them, some folks around here aren't happy unless they are complaining about something. ;-)

i can't believe we have to put up with crap like that. to whom do i register my unhappiness?

02-22-2006 06:14 PM
Advertisement

Kenyon#4 Away
Retired

Rath is not going to like that multi quote response. ;-)

04-chairshot

02-22-2006 06:16 PM
gruehls
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Kenyon#4 Wrote:Rath is not going to like that multi quote response. ;-)

04-chairshot

rath's a constant complainer who never mastered the multi-quote.

be sure to watch the fainting goat clip. it's hilarious.

02-22-2006 06:20 PM
Rathskeller_Crew Offline
All American

I Root For:

You cut me to the quick. Do they not not know that I am chaste? ;-)

02-22-2006 06:58 PM
gruehls
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Rathskeller_Crew Wrote:You cut me to the quick. Do they not not know that I am chaste? ;-)

"chaste?" i doubt it.

"chased?" i believe. by angry bearcat fans no doubt.

02-22-2006 07:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.