Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
More rumors to report.......
Bookmark and Share
HoyaAnt Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Georgetown
More rumors to report.......
There are rumors spreading the Fox is working on adding a surprise team or two to have include with the Big East offical announcement. The one team I can think of is Gonzaga. I would make sense for Fox to include since Fox main head quarters is located in LA. There is talk that fox will offer Gonzaga slight more money to help offset their travel cost. Yes, they are rumors and fun to read at the same time. After Xavier, Butler, and Creighton, it any one's guess who team 11and 12 will be? If Gonzaga is one of the team's I will be happy as hell because it will make our conference strong right off the bat which is very important for many reasons.
03-06-2013 08:34 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

nathanhm Offline
Bench Warmer

RE: More rumors to report.......
Are you hearing 10-12-14 teams to start?
03-06-2013 08:46 AM
HoyaAnt Offline
Water Engineer

(03-06-2013 08:46 AM)nathanhm Wrote:  Are you hearing 10-12-14 teams to start?

Possible 12 league team to start instead of 10. Perhaps this is the reason why no offical announcement has been made yet?
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 08:52 AM by HoyaAnt.)
03-06-2013 08:51 AM
nathanhm Offline
Bench Warmer

I thought the reason there had been no announcement is we haven't secured our exit terms from the Big East football schools yet.
03-06-2013 08:56 AM
Hoyabinx Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Hoyas
(03-06-2013 08:34 AM)HoyaAnt Wrote:  There are rumors spreading the Fox is working on adding a surprise team or two to have include with the Big East offical announcement. The one team I can think of is Gonzaga. I would make sense for Fox to include since Fox main head quarters is located in LA. There is talk that fox will offer Gonzaga slight more money to help offset their travel cost. Yes, they are rumors and fun to read at the same time. After Xavier, Butler, and Creighton, it any one's guess who team 11and 12 will be? If Gonzaga is one of the team's I will be happy as hell because it will make our conference strong right off the bat which is very important for many reasons.

Link?
03-06-2013 08:59 AM
Jet915 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Creighton/Navy
Yeah, I'd love to have Gonzaga on board but I haven't seen any credible source state Gonzaga as even an option in the last 2 months. I admit though, Gonzaga, Butler, Xavier, Creighton and SLU sound pretty enticing.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 09:02 AM by Jet915.)
03-06-2013 09:01 AM
Advertisement

College Basketball Fan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: D1 Basketball
I think Gonzaga makes sense, but "surprise" might mean that they are trying to throw in teams like Siena or Detroit.
03-06-2013 09:32 AM
Jet915 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Creighton/Navy
(03-06-2013 09:32 AM)College Basketball Fan Wrote:  I think Gonzaga makes sense, but "surprise" might mean that they are trying to throw in teams like Siena or Detroit.

I'll be dumbfounded if Fox is pushing Siena or Detroit...
03-06-2013 09:40 AM
HoyaAnt Offline
Water Engineer

Possible 12 league team to start instead of 10. Perhaps this the reason why no offical announcement has been made yet?
03-06-2013 09:46 AM
Hoyabinx Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Hoyas
(03-06-2013 09:46 AM)HoyaAnt Wrote:  

Possible 12 league team to start instead of 10. Perhaps this the reason why no offical announcement has been made yet?

Where are you hearing these rumors of a surprise team? I haven't seen it anywhere.
03-06-2013 09:51 AM
Title Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Butler
This isn't Price is Right. There aren't mysteries behind secret doors. This is big business and these decisions are very important for the well being of all. There is no way anything something so whimsical is true
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 10:07 AM by Title.)
03-06-2013 10:06 AM
Advertisement

HoyaAnt Offline
Water Engineer

(03-06-2013 10:06 AM)Title Wrote:  This isn't Price is Right. There aren't mysteries behind secret doors. This is big business and these decisions are very important for the well being of all. There is no way anything something so whimsical is true

The rumor of fox trying to wheel in Gonzaga was briefly discuss on WFAN sports radio NY last night and mentioned in a few forum such as Gonzaga message board. Again, these are just rumors which has been a bunch since it was offically announced that the B7 would break away from the football schools. It certainly creates build up until everything becomes offical.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 10:49 AM by HoyaAnt.)
03-06-2013 10:25 AM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
(03-06-2013 10:06 AM)Title Wrote:  This isn't Price is Right. There aren't mysteries behind secret doors. This is big business and these decisions are very important for the well being of all. There is no way anything something so whimsical is true

Exactly like the Big East is going to show up announce Butler, Xavier, Creighton, St. Louis and Dayton then Fox comes out and says "Not so fast guys. Here are your two newest members, VCU and Gonzaga!!!!!"

03-lmfao
03-06-2013 10:25 AM
BillEsq Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Bellarmine
(03-06-2013 10:25 AM)HoyaAnt Wrote:  

The rumor of fox trying to wheel in Gonzaga was briefly discuss on WFAN sports radio NY last night and mentioned in a few forum such as Gonzaga message board. Again, these are just rumors which has been a bunch since it was offically announced that the B7 would break away from the football schools. It certainly creates build up until everything becomes offical.

The problem is FOX already has the PAC so it does not need Gonzaga... sure it would love to have Gonzaga but it is looking for games to lead into pacific time zone games not more pacific time zone games.
03-06-2013 10:54 AM
2nd String

(03-06-2013 09:40 AM)Jet915 Wrote:  I'll be dumbfounded if Fox is pushing Siena or Detroit...

Just speculation. I'm 100% positive that neither team will be in the final conference... but that doesn't mean Fox hasn't thrown them into discussions.
03-06-2013 11:02 AM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
(03-06-2013 11:02 AM)College Basketball Fan Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 09:40 AM)Jet915 Wrote:  I'll be dumbfounded if Fox is pushing Siena or Detroit...

Just speculation. I'm 100% positive that neither team will be in the final conference... but that doesn't mean Fox hasn't thrown them into discussions.

Really? Why on earth would Fox throw Siena into the discussion? Or even Detroit Mercy for that matter?
03-06-2013 11:16 AM
Advertisement

Frank the Tank Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul
(03-06-2013 09:40 AM)Jet915 Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 09:32 AM)College Basketball Fan Wrote:  I think Gonzaga makes sense, but "surprise" might mean that they are trying to throw in teams like Siena or Detroit.

I'll be dumbfounded if Fox is pushing Siena or Detroit...

Yeah, there isn't any financial reason to do go that route whatsoever. I get that Fox might like Gonzaga or VCU in theory, but Siena and Detroit don't pass any type of smell test. Enough people have said that the pool for the last 2 spots (assuming that the first 3 are Xavier, Butler and Creighton) consists of SLU, Dayton and Richmond, with the first two being the favorites, and all 3 of those schools bring much more value than Siena or Detroit even looking at from a pure TV perspective. (Detroit has a market on paper, but please please please look at their attendance even when they're in the middle of one of their best stretches on the court ever. SLU has a colorable claim to the St. Louis market, but Detroit has absolutely no claim in its home market, and the TV people know that full well.)
03-06-2013 11:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
adcorbett Offline
This F'n Guy

I Root For: Louisville
(03-06-2013 10:54 AM)BillEsq Wrote:  The problem is FOX already has the PAC so it does not need Gonzaga... sure it would love to have Gonzaga but it is looking for games to lead into pacific time zone games not more pacific time zone games.

IF true, the point is not so much having a west coast team. It is because Gonzaga has had so much recent success, putting them in a power conference makes for good TV.

Remember, PAC 12 basketball has been realy down for about 5-6 years.
03-06-2013 11:18 AM
2nd String

(03-06-2013 11:16 AM)NJRedMan Wrote:  Really? Why on earth would Fox throw Siena into the discussion? Or even Detroit Mercy for that matter?

Siena: "Hey look at this team! They have a big arena, and have the potential to give us some viewers in upstate New York. If they grow, they could give us a lead into the rest of the northeast, which doesn't have a lot of sporting competition!"

Detroit: "Look how big this media market is! It's like, 10th in the nation!"

I'm not saying it is something that the Presidents would seriously consider, or anything a fan would think of. But both teams have qualities that could appeal to a TV executive that ignores the basketball side of things.
03-06-2013 11:39 AM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
The Big 12 folks on the West Virginia Scout Realignment board are convinced that Fox is orchestrating a big move to convince ND to join the C7 permanently and abandon the ACC.

They claim that Fox is ready to throw big money around to accomplish that. They claim that such talks are currently ongoing.

I don't believe them, but there is the "insider" scoop from them.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 11:40 AM by TerryD.)
03-06-2013 11:39 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.