Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nader gone?
Bookmark and Share
NIU75 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
Nader gone?
Is Nader gone? What happen? Will MM release the boiler plate letter on Monday saying: " We thank him for ...... , We wish him the best of luck on his future...."
Is that a JUCO bus with players going down Route 38 to NIU?
03-03-2013 07:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

I Root For: NIU Only
RE: Nader gone?
You need something to get this disaster on track. Go JC to get some players that can shoot and defend without fouling every time.
03-03-2013 08:35 AM
thetachihuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For:
This does not look very encouraging.
03-03-2013 10:36 AM
niu2222 Offline
Special Teams

When you dont show up for a game and you have been suspended for 7 games, its probably in NIU's best interest to let you go. Nader is talented, but you have to be about team first. There is no place for being selfish on the team. Monty is just like DD, they will not stand for selfishness from players. In the last two years we have kicked-off or lost many ftball and bball players. In the end the programs always are better off. At this point, even as a fan of Naders, I am not sure I would want him back!
03-03-2013 11:21 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(03-03-2013 11:21 AM)niu2222 Wrote:  When you dont show up for a game and you have been suspended for 7 games, its probably in NIU's best interest to let you go. Nader is talented, but you have to be about team first. There is no place for being selfish on the team. Monty is just like DD, they will not stand for selfishness from players. In the last two years we have kicked-off or lost many ftball and bball players. In the end the programs always are better off. At this point, even as a fan of Naders, I am not sure I would want him back!
It is probably best for both sides to part ways now. THe sooner the better so you can look for replacements/opportunities.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 11:42 AM by RobertN.)
03-03-2013 11:41 AM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

Agree 2222.

I don't know the kid...and he is a kid. In addition to his suspensions, just his "body language" has never looked like he was happy or cared about anyone but the guy in the mirror.

Maybe this best explains my feelings:

If this was football, Nader would not be someone our coaches would recruit and offer a scholarship to.
03-03-2013 11:41 AM
Advertisement

CowboysNiuFan31245 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cowboys & NIU
First it was Cody Yelder then it was Jake Anderson and now Nader? I don't know all the reasons but this is why and I am a diehard I am just about done with this program.
03-03-2013 12:48 PM
niufan99 Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(03-03-2013 11:21 AM)niu2222 Wrote:  When you dont show up for a game and you have been suspended for 7 games, its probably in NIU's best interest to let you go. Nader is talented, but you have to be about team first. There is no place for being selfish on the team. Monty is just like DD, they will not stand for selfishness from players. In the last two years we have kicked-off or lost many ftball and bball players. In the end the programs always are better off. At this point, even as a fan of Naders, I am not sure I would want him back!
+1
03-03-2013 03:30 PM
HuskieJWN Offline
All American

How bout we wait for Monty to comment more on it. I know the other things have not panned out well, but personal issues are that. What happens if he is family is having something wrong or his parents are ill. Chill out til they release more info.
03-03-2013 03:55 PM
niu2222 Offline
Special Teams

Huskiejwn, he missed the game. Monty wouldve said, he has a family issue. Monty also said, if he cant get things straightend out it would be time to move on. The next thing you will here is he's leaving the program, or he's out for the rest of the season with a personal issue.
03-03-2013 06:30 PM
niufan99 Offline
1st String

Donators
(03-03-2013 03:55 PM)HuskieJWN Wrote:  How bout we wait for Monty to comment more on it. I know the other things have not panned out well, but personal issues are that. What happens if he is family is having something wrong or his parents are ill. Chill out til they release more info.
+1
03-03-2013 06:55 PM
Advertisement

niufan99 Offline
1st String

Donators
(03-03-2013 06:55 PM)niufan99 Wrote:  
(03-03-2013 03:55 PM)HuskieJWN Wrote:  How bout we wait for Monty to comment more on it. I know the other things have not panned out well, but personal issues are that. What happens if he is family is having something wrong or his parents are ill. Chill out til they release more info.
+1
He looked like he was in a daze against EMU.I thought we played just as well without him Sat.Hopefully one way or another he can get things worked out maybe it won't be here but either way I wish him the best.Monty will get it turned around lets not abandoned him now!
03-03-2013 07:06 PM
NIU75 Offline
All American

MM 4 year plan has turned into a two year plan.
03-03-2013 07:55 PM
EddieMoney Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU,Blues,Bucs
Nader is so overrated, don't get why anyone ever gushes over him. All that he does is take bad shot after bad shot, we would be much better off without him.
03-03-2013 08:49 PM
sterling1man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Nader was a very gifted and by far the most talented player on the NIU BB team.
His loss is huge. He was the cornerstone to rebuilding this program.
A serious talent has been lost for whatever reason?
Why could we not hang onto our best recruit?
Why did he not want to play for NIU after he arrived and played for NIU voluntarily?
This reflects poorly on many and especially our head coach.
Maybe he will goto another MAC program and help them win the title.
I wish we could scrap our MBB team and devout the resources to the Lady Huskies and the FB team.
03-03-2013 10:42 PM
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
I haven't seen anything to indicate whether Nader is with the team or not, but he is featured heavily in the Toledo game notes.

http://www.niuhuskies.com/sports/m-baskb...13aaa.html

No one has made a statement either way but I'd like to think they wouldn't have all the Nader stuff in there if he is gone. I feel like we would have heard something by now if he was dismissed/left the team. Maybe it was a one day personal/family issue. Who knows though...seems like our coaches don't like to address these sort of things in public
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2013 05:11 PM by armour248.)
03-04-2013 05:10 PM
Advertisement

NIU75 Offline
All American

Vegas has Nader at question mark for Tuesday game.
http://www.scoresandodds.com/tomorrow.html
03-05-2013 12:08 AM
cartershaw Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, UT
I trust MM..he is from the Mich St blueprint..
03-05-2013 12:31 AM
EddieMoney Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU,Blues,Bucs
(03-03-2013 10:42 PM)sterling1man Wrote:  Nader was a very gifted and by far the most talented player on the NIU BB team.
His loss is huge. He was the cornerstone to rebuilding this program.
A serious talent has been lost for whatever reason?
Why could we not hang onto our best recruit?
Why did he not want to play for NIU after he arrived and played for NIU voluntarily?
This reflects poorly on many and especially our head coach.
Maybe he will goto another MAC program and help them win the title.
I wish we could scrap our MBB team and devout the resources to the Lady Huskies and the FB team.

haha.....you must of been watching a different player play all year (if you were at games, which I have no clue on) but god he was atrocious most games at best
03-05-2013 02:35 AM
niu2222 Offline
Special Teams

The team left for Toledo this morning. Nader was either on the bus or he wasn't. I am sure people know. Players say a lot on twitter.
03-05-2013 02:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.