Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Memphis frontrunner for Conf. Tourney
Bookmark and Share
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Memphis frontrunner for Conf. Tourney
Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel

Expect Memphis as the frontrunner location for the conference tournament of the Artist Formerly Known as the Big East.

03-01-2013 01:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bearcatdp Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
RE: Memphis frontrunner for Conf. Tourney
(03-01-2013 01:51 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel

Expect Memphis as the frontrunner location for the conference tournament of the Artist Formerly Known as the Big East.

Would be nice to get a little FedEx money out of this conference.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 02:37 PM by bearcatdp.)
03-01-2013 02:37 PM
Bearcat T Offline
All American

I Root For:
On the good side of having it in Memphis we can get back to having 5k people el travel because they can afford it! They can also take kids for the weekend unlike NYC etc.

03-01-2013 04:13 PM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
When I went to the Great Midwest tournament in Memphis years ago, the old alumni growled about how there was nothing to do in Memphis (except watch some ducks ride an elevator) and how you couldn't even buy a beer at the game.

Personally, I had a good time on Beale Street every night and had fun drinking for free at the old alumni's expense at the hotel bar. Not to mention the afternoon we spent with some young, rich alumni who were dragging random hot Memphis women off the street and giving them free food and drink. The highlight was when some poor 16 year old watched as her mother and grandmother mooned us.

03-01-2013 05:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Whenever I leave NYC I have to take 2 showers in the morning, with Memphis I barely recall the cab ride.

03-01-2013 06:11 PM
indycat Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
While I think the "conference formerly known as Big East" is just a short-term parking spot for UC, I thoroughly enjoyed the Liberty Bowl experience in Memphis and would return for regular season or tourney games. MSG was special but access for UC fans was severely limited.

03-02-2013 10:25 AM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
I think I'll be in on a trip to the tourney 04-rock

03-02-2013 10:43 AM
marcuscan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats + UF
Memphis is a pit. Gawd. It is what it is tho. Is there a reason why it can't go back to being a traveling thing like confs used to do?

03-02-2013 01:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.