Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Tick-Tock
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Tick-Tock
Well, as it's public now, the C7 decided on their method of separation and on targeting this Summer. The reality of what the prospective nBE schools face is unavoidable now (to fans, at least...the writing has been gradually revealing itself on the walls of those schools' athletic depts' walls for a while). This will be interesting...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
02-28-2013 11:40 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
RE: Tick-Tock
(02-28-2013 11:40 PM)blazr Wrote:  Well, as it's public now, the C7 decided on their method of separation and on targeting this Summer. The reality of what the prospective nBE schools face is unavoidable now (to fans, at least...the writing has been gradually revealing itself on the walls of those schools' athletic depts' walls for a while). This will be interesting...

Well, nice to talking to you. It's been cryptic.
02-28-2013 11:59 PM
CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
(02-28-2013 11:59 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(02-28-2013 11:40 PM)blazr Wrote:  Well, as it's public now, the C7 decided on their method of separation and on targeting this Summer. The reality of what the prospective nBE schools face is unavoidable now (to fans, at least...the writing has been gradually revealing itself on the walls of those schools' athletic depts' walls for a while). This will be interesting...

He's been adamant that the football schools from the Big East will not be allowed to have their own conference and will end up merging with the MWC and/or CUSA. Take it FWIW.
03-01-2013 12:03 AM
Fresno St. Alum Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Fresno St.
(03-01-2013 12:03 AM)CommuterBob Wrote:  

He's been adamant that the football schools from the Big East will not be allowed to have their own conference and will end up merging with the MWC and/or CUSA. Take it FWIW.
uh no, they'll do just fine w/ their almost 2 mill a year or whatever w/ their 12/11 conf. after they invite Tulsa. CUSA aint going to 25 and MWC aint going to 24 or any mix of 20 teams and 18. Now maybe down the road UConn, Cincy get ACC invites after the B1G or SEC goes to 16.
03-01-2013 12:07 AM
Attackcoog Offline

(03-01-2013 12:03 AM)CommuterBob Wrote:  

Oh, Im very aware. His biggest contention has been that the C-7 and Conference-X (he often refers to it as a nonentity---and thats when it actually had a name) will not both be allowed to have an NCAA autobid. Well---that time table has now been accelerated to July 2013. Not much time for all that secret society crap to go down. Who knows, maybe it will. At this point, I pretty much could care less. Im not too hopped up about our new destination anymore. Its basically feels too much like starting CUSA in 1996 all over again. Those were horrible years for my school and I really have little desire to see us go the rebuild route again. I'd much rather go to a solid ready made MW at this point.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 01:06 AM by Attackcoog.)
03-01-2013 01:04 AM
buffdog Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Fresno State/CU
/quote]

[/quote]
Hasn't the BE already basically merged with CUSA?
03-01-2013 01:51 AM
Advertisement

jml2010 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tx Tech & UNT
(03-01-2013 01:04 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Im not too hopped up about our new destination anymore. Its basically feels too much like starting CUSA in 1996 all over again. Those were horrible years for my school and I really have little desire to see us go the rebuild route again. I'd much rather go to a solid ready made MW at this point.

Dr. Khator has some decisions to make. Stay in the east without a BCS conference home or move west without a BCS conference home.

The nBE is CUSA and everyone should accept that. The Big East went after TV markets that don't exist and the TV execs said that loud and clear.

I apologize in advance but let your friends know on coogfans, no one cares about a TV market or past history. UH is in the position they are because of fan apathy and the fact that no one that cares about them in the state legislature. 3rd largest University in this state means nothing without fan support and TV viewership.
03-01-2013 02:06 AM
northerncougar Offline
Water Engineer

jml2010= jeffraider2000 (the one 05-ban from coogfans) 04-cheers
03-01-2013 07:00 AM
UABGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:
Blazr,

Congrats on calling the BE split and the correct landing spot for the brand name.
03-01-2013 07:00 AM
jml2010 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tx Tech & UNT
(03-01-2013 07:00 AM)northerncougar Wrote:  jml2010= jeffraider2000 (the one 05-ban from coogfans) 04-cheers

LOL. I wish I had his knowledge in terms of UH apathy. That dude put UH in their place.

Edit: find college football fans who will support the University once they graduate. Minorities could care less about football at Houston
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 07:44 AM by jml2010.)
03-01-2013 07:36 AM
Big Dub Offline
C-USA Troll?

I Root For: Southern Miss
(03-01-2013 07:00 AM)UABGrad Wrote:  Blazr,

Congrats on calling the BE split and the correct landing spot for the brand name.

He really doesn't get enough credit, instead he gets a lot of grief and ridicule because his posts don't mesh with a lot of posters fantasies.

Hell, Tallgrass even posts more logic than they do.
03-01-2013 07:58 AM
Advertisement

northerncougar Offline
Water Engineer

(03-01-2013 07:36 AM)jml2010 Wrote:  
(03-01-2013 07:00 AM)northerncougar Wrote:  jml2010= jeffraider2000 (the one 05-ban from coogfans) 04-cheers

LOL. I wish I had his knowledge in terms of UH apathy. That dude put UH in their place.

Edit: find college football fans who will support the University once they graduate. Minorities could care less about football at Houston

You ARE jeffraider2000 dude. Everyone knows it. TT being the fourth best state school can't be bad enough to have cranked out two of you.

Oh, and please explain the edit that you added. It requires more detail in order to reveal your bias and agenda.
03-01-2013 08:41 AM
johnbragg Offline
Five Minute Google Expert

I Root For: St Johns
(03-01-2013 07:58 AM)Big Dub Wrote:  

He really doesn't get enough credit, instead he gets a lot of grief and ridicule because his posts don't mesh with a lot of posters fantasies.

Blazr was making some pretty serious claims, and claiming them based on authority, not just on "this is the publicly available evidence, and this is what I think is the likely outcome."

When you do that, you take on the prophet-without-honor role and you are going to get mocked.
03-01-2013 08:48 AM
UABGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:
(03-01-2013 08:48 AM)johnbragg Wrote:  

Blazr was making some pretty serious claims, and claiming them based on authority, not just on "this is the publicly available evidence, and this is what I think is the likely outcome."

When you do that, you take on the prophet-without-honor role and you are going to get mocked.

He didn't give out his sources name, but explained where his info was coming from as well as he could. His source was corrraborated by another poster here. People just don't want to believe the bad stuff.
03-01-2013 10:44 AM
Eagleweiser Offline
1st String

He was pretty spot on about a lot of it. No one likes someone else pissing in their corn flakes and that was how some that were seeing green pastures and checking accounts did not like to read any of his postings.
03-01-2013 10:49 AM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
(03-01-2013 08:41 AM)northerncougar Wrote:  
(03-01-2013 07:36 AM)jml2010 Wrote:  

You ARE jeffraider2000 dude. Everyone knows it. TT being the fourth best state school can't be bad enough to have cranked out two of you.

Oh, and please explain the edit that you added. It requires more detail in order to reveal your bias and agenda.

lol... don't pay any attention to him northerncougar... jml201/jeffraider2000, loves to 05-stirthepot 01-rivals... he's harmless.
03-01-2013 10:52 AM
Advertisement

loki_the_bubba Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls
(03-01-2013 08:41 AM)northerncougar Wrote:  TT being the fourth best state school ...

Behind Texas, aTm, and UT-Dallas? I can buy that.
03-01-2013 10:55 AM
johnbragg Offline
Five Minute Google Expert

I Root For: St Johns
(03-01-2013 10:44 AM)UABGrad Wrote:  
(03-01-2013 08:48 AM)johnbragg Wrote:  

He didn't give out his sources name, but explained where his info was coming from as well as he could. His source was corrraborated by another poster here. People just don't want to believe the bad stuff.

But he or his source never really explained how the Aresco LEague was going to stop existing or dissolve, and that still hasn't come to pass.

That would still require an above-average level of bullheadedness and stupidity between the leftover schools and the incoming schools. IF there's enough maturity to work a deal with the C-7, when it was very possible for everything to end in bitterness and counterproductive lawsuits, I think there has to be enough to work a deal between schools that are expecting to share a conference together. (VT beating out Syracuse long ago, and Louisville beating out UConn recently, should have taught us that no one can count on the invite until the invite comes.)
03-01-2013 11:21 AM
UABGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:
Well he was clear his source was deep in the middle of the Catholic schools so any conjecture past the break away and the name would be just that.

What happens between now and the end of the 12/13 school year is anybodies guess. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see more movement.
03-01-2013 11:27 AM
Big Dub Offline
C-USA Troll?

Doesn't matter, Blazr has been about 90% right in his predictions, while 90% of the Big East Superfan club was wrong.

At the very least, it was much easier to see his predictions coming true than most of the Big East fantasies.
03-01-2013 11:34 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.