Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I know ESPN hates us, but...
Bookmark and Share
MU42 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
I know ESPN hates us, but...
It is just ridiculous that So. Miss isn't included in the bubble watch, but they have Air Force, Indiana St. each with double digit loses, and half of the SEC schools, half of the PAC 12 schools, and some of the "others" with comparable or worse computer numbers than So. Miss.

I think if So. Miss can go 5-1 and reach the C-USA title game that they will be the UAB/VCU of a couple seasons ago, and Jay Bilas will go crazy that you made it and someone like St. Johns or Virginia won't. I wish you luck.
02-28-2013 09:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: I know ESPN hates us, but...
AFA and Indy State both have 3 top 50 wins. We don't have 1. I want us to get in as much as the next guy but our chances are slim to none.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2013 09:53 AM by BeagleUSM.)
02-28-2013 09:51 AM
blazers9911 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Survivor Runner-up
UAB had ten top 100 wins that season.
VCU had 8, including 3 in the top 50.
Southern Miss has 3 this year.
Apples and oranges.
02-28-2013 09:55 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
...remember it's the media...the selection committee doesn't have an agenda...they have done a good job over the last few years..

bottom line is we have to win.

We were an at-large with 8 losses last year...better wins yes...way more road games this year....as the top ten continue to lose on the road, this may be a large part of selecting the last few teams....i hope anyway...we have few good wins, but more importantly, we have no BAD losses
02-28-2013 09:57 AM
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

No need for others to find fault with us when a Southern Miss fans always comes to the rescue and finds some kind of fault with us...sheesh!
02-28-2013 10:03 AM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

We're a good team, but haven't been good enough to beat good teams. I think we should be on the bubble watch, but we are not a tourney team right now.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2013 10:05 AM by shiftyeagle.)
02-28-2013 10:05 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(02-28-2013 10:05 AM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  We're a good team, but haven't been good enough to beat good teams. I think we should be on the bubble watch, but we are not a tourney team right now.

....criteria used to make that statement? Are you serious? We lost to MEM at home...that's it.....the only two teams to whoop us on the road were MEM and NMSU....just wow....the media is in your head...like the Pink Floyd song..."the lunatics are in my head"
02-28-2013 10:12 AM
southernmiss4ever Offline
All American

Our best win is Denver.....And I'm not talking about the Nuggets.
02-28-2013 10:16 AM
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

(02-28-2013 10:16 AM)southernmiss4ever Wrote:  Our best win is Denver.....And I'm not talking about the Nuggets.

Thanks for making my point...
02-28-2013 10:18 AM
blazers9911 Online
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(02-28-2013 09:57 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  ...remember it's the media...the selection committee doesn't have an agenda...they have done a good job over the last few years..

We were an at-large with 8 losses last year...better wins yes...way more road games this year....as the top ten continue to lose on the road, this may be a large part of selecting the last few teams....i hope anyway...we have few good wins, but more importantly, we have no BAD losses

UCF is currently a bad loss.

And I could be wrong, but I don't think the Selection Committee is really going to care what your road record is if you have wins over teams with RPI 100+.
02-28-2013 10:18 AM
MU42 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
(02-28-2013 09:51 AM)Beagleagle23 Wrote:  AFA and Indy State both have 3 top 50 wins. We don't have 1. I want us to get in as much as the next guy but our chances are slim to none.

You can't talk about the wins and not talk about the losses. They have 10 and 11 loses respectively. And they each have bad losses to schools like Morehead St., So. Illinois, Nevada, Drake, and Bradley. Meanwhile So. Miss has 6 losses and their worst loss is at UCF.
02-28-2013 10:20 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(02-28-2013 10:18 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  
(02-28-2013 09:57 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  ...remember it's the media...the selection committee doesn't have an agenda...they have done a good job over the last few years..

UCF is currently a bad loss.

And I could be wrong, but I don't think the Selection Committee is really going to care what your road record is if you have wins over teams with RPI 100+.

....and you may end up being right
02-28-2013 10:24 AM
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
(02-28-2013 09:39 AM)MU42 Wrote:  It is just ridiculous that So. Miss isn't included in the bubble watch, but they have Air Force, Indiana St. each with double digit loses, and half of the SEC schools, half of the PAC 12 schools, and some of the "others" with comparable or worse computer numbers than So. Miss.

I think if So. Miss can go 5-1 and reach the C-USA title game that they will be the UAB/VCU of a couple seasons ago, and Jay Bilas will go crazy that you made it and someone like St. Johns or Virginia won't. I wish you luck.

UAB didn't deserve the BS that was thrown their way. That was honestly one of the most pitiful and embarrassing displays I'd ever witnessed on TV /Sports.
02-28-2013 10:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
(02-28-2013 10:16 AM)southernmiss4ever Wrote:  Our best win is Denver.....And I'm not talking about the Nuggets.

04-jawdrop
02-28-2013 10:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gotigers1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers!
The good thing about what ESPN is saying about ya'll (and anyone else for that matter) is that it doesn't mean **** to the selection committee come tournament time. The can blow smoke out their azz all day long and it means nothing at the end of the day.

For the record, I hope Southern Miss gets in, you deserve it IMO.
02-28-2013 10:32 AM
blazers9911 Online
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(02-28-2013 10:27 AM)MU ATO Wrote:  
(02-28-2013 09:39 AM)MU42 Wrote:  It is just ridiculous that So. Miss isn't included in the bubble watch, but they have Air Force, Indiana St. each with double digit loses, and half of the SEC schools, half of the PAC 12 schools, and some of the "others" with comparable or worse computer numbers than So. Miss.

UAB didn't deserve the BS that was thrown their way. That was honestly one of the most pitiful and embarrassing displays I'd ever witnessed on TV /Sports.

That it was. Every year there are a couple of teams that are in questionably and out questionably. I'll never forget Dick Vitale coming on and ranting and raving about UAB losing to Arizona State. He didn't mention for a minute that they lost on a last second three, it was at ASU, or that it was the third game of the season. And then for Bilas to sit there and blast the two teams for an hour. It was pathetic. Any team that is that close to the bubble doesn't deserve to be defended that way by anybody.
02-28-2013 10:35 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

Networks are THE MOST SELF-SERVING pr!cks of all-time....I give you this.....MOOBY the golden calf! Kevin Smith's finest satire.

02-28-2013 10:40 AM
stinkfist Offline

Networks are THE MOST SELF-SERVING pr!cks of all-time....I give you this.....MOOBY the golden calf! Kevin Smith's finest satire.

02-28-2013 10:42 AM
stinkfist Offline

(02-28-2013 10:35 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  

That it was. Every year there are a couple of teams that are in questionably and out questionably. I'll never forget Dick Vitale coming on and ranting and raving about UAB losing to Arizona State. He didn't mention for a minute that they lost on a last second three, it was at ASU, or that it was the third game of the season. And then for Bilas to sit there and blast the two teams for an hour. It was pathetic. Any team that is that close to the bubble doesn't deserve to be defended that way by anybody.

Vitale is a joke created by mainstream media to generate revenue....he is a caricature of today's world
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2013 10:43 AM by stinkfist.)
02-28-2013 10:43 AM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

(02-28-2013 10:12 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(02-28-2013 10:05 AM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  We're a good team, but haven't been good enough to beat good teams. I think we should be on the bubble watch, but we are not a tourney team right now.

....criteria used to make that statement?

Um....the fact we haven't beaten anyone good?
02-28-2013 10:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.