Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Gotta let it go and move on...
Bookmark and Share
KidMemphis Offline
Banned

I Root For: C-D-Rizzle
Gotta let it go and move on...
Win the final 6...take our 8/9 seed (thank you Jerry Palm), and hope we don't lay another egg in a big game. Unbelievable how this keeps happening to this team and Pastner. As far as second guessing goes...I just don't understand how Shaq doesn't play the final 5 minutes of that game in place of Tarik. Black is just disappointing.

PS - F btiger.
02-26-2013 09:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Strat57 Offline
Rock & Roll Shaman

I Root For: Memphis

CrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
RE: Gotta let it go and move on...
This game was what the pundits wanted. We looked bad tonight. Poor foul shooting, poor energy in the first half, and lack of made plays when it mattered. Don't get mad at b. He didn't lose the game.
02-26-2013 09:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BealeStBruiser Offline
2nd String

Yep. Movin'

Later
Bruiser
02-26-2013 09:25 PM
Advertisement

beava34 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rationality
(02-26-2013 09:23 PM)Strat57 Wrote:  This game was what the pundits wanted. We looked bad tonight. Poor foul shooting, poor energy in the first half, and lack of made plays when it mattered. Don't get mad at b. He didn't lose the game.

Strat, I have to disagree with it being what the pundits wanted. They just look at it rationally and we don't. They have no reason to think we will beat a decent team until we actually do. We've proven over and over and over that we can't. They are justified in believing that we aren't an elite team until proven otherwise.
02-26-2013 09:26 PM
KidMemphis Offline
Banned

I Root For: C-D-Rizzle
(02-26-2013 09:23 PM)Strat57 Wrote:  Don't get mad at b. He didn't lose the game.

Ahhh...gotta be mad at someone, and since he never misses an opportunity to mess with the board, I thought I'd start there.

Can't believe we "sh*t the bed" again. UGH!!!! Will it never end. I'm revising my expectations much lower. I expect us to at best win one game in the NIT. There...now I can be happy if we just eeek out a tourney bid. Very painful loss.
02-26-2013 09:28 PM
Advertisement

tigerblu Offline
1st String

I Root For:
move on
Strat57 Offline
Rock & Roll Shaman

CrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(02-26-2013 09:26 PM)beava34 Wrote:  
(02-26-2013 09:23 PM)Strat57 Wrote:  This game was what the pundits wanted. We looked bad tonight. Poor foul shooting, poor energy in the first half, and lack of made plays when it mattered. Don't get mad at b. He didn't lose the game.

Strat, I have to disagree with it being what the pundits wanted. They just look at it rationally and we don't. They have no reason to think we will beat a decent team until we actually do. We've proven over and over and over that we can't. They are justified in believing that we aren't an elite team until proven otherwise.

Being on ESPN2 was bad for us. Too many who never see us got a chance to justify their opinion. Hard to be mad at the media. They look smart tonight.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

beava34 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rationality
(02-26-2013 09:28 PM)Strat57 Wrote:  
(02-26-2013 09:26 PM)beava34 Wrote:  

Being on ESPN2 was bad for us. Too many who never see us got a chance to justify their opinion. Hard to be mad at the media. They look smart tonight.

Good point. National TV games have done us no favors.
02-26-2013 09:31 PM
tbarb Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
I hated to lose tonight, but, any loss for Memphis would have been unacceptable to the "powers to be"! I really didn't want to see us with this "undefeated" streak! I know the team will feel like they let everyone down, but, now, they can get back into the gym and work hard to prepare for the conference tournament and beyond!
02-26-2013 09:57 PM
Advertisement

73tigerfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis State
(02-26-2013 09:57 PM)tbarb Wrote:  I hated to lose tonight, but, any loss for Memphis would have been unacceptable to the "powers to be"! I really didn't want to see us with this "undefeated" streak! I know the team will feel like they let everyone down, but, now, they can get back into the gym and work hard to prepare for the conference tournament and beyond!

Wow. Just wow.
02-26-2013 10:02 PM
transitt Offline
The William Hung of Memphis music

I Root For: A fresh start
It was a road loss to a top 100 team. Unfortunate but a 'bad loss?'? Really?
02-26-2013 10:04 PM
rws71 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: memphis
I am through!
02-26-2013 10:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.