Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

EMU at NIU
Bookmark and Share
NIU75 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
EMU at NIU
NIU are 2 point dogs versus EMU. Could be a win!
02-26-2013 08:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

niusfactuary Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU,Cubs,Bears

DonatorsSurvivor Runner-up
RE: EMU at NIU
(02-26-2013 08:10 PM)NIU75 Wrote:  NIU are 2 point dogs versus EMU. Could be a win!

Over/under, unfortunately, is also 2.
02-26-2013 08:39 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
EMU - 56
NIU - 42
02-26-2013 09:04 PM
HuskieTap22 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU / DePaul
Eastern just lost at home to Missouri State which had zero OOC wins against D1 competition coming in. They are bad just like us and when two bad programs square off anything can happen. I think we have a legit shot in this one.

It is never a good sign when an Eastern Michigan game isn't a lock for a win but at least our program was expected to suck this year. Some of their fans were pumping up that they would be a big sleeper in the league this year. Seems like the usual let down on their end.
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2013 09:33 PM by HuskieTap22.)
02-26-2013 09:32 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(02-26-2013 08:10 PM)NIU75 Wrote:  NIU are 2 point dogs versus EMU. Could be a win!
And we were 1 point favorites against EIU...
02-27-2013 12:57 AM
NIU75 Offline
All American

Final EMU 53 NIU 41. The fat lady just sung.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=330582459
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2013 10:45 PM by NIU75.)
02-27-2013 10:34 PM
Advertisement

Mr Reality Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
In all reality, the Fat Lady has been singing all season but some of the Huskie Kool Aid drinkers refused to listen to her song of no talent, the inability to coach up young players, and wait til next year makes this years 20 loss season OK.
02-27-2013 11:18 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
I think Jeff Compher and Mark Montgomery should send the season ticket holders who sat through games this season a letter of sincere apology. The letter should be signed by the entire team. We should also get vouchers for free beer at the HASF concession area. Drinking heavily is the only way you can wash the stink off this season.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2013 09:08 AM by Dog Fan.)
02-28-2013 08:24 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(02-27-2013 11:18 PM)Mr Reality Wrote:  In all reality, the Fat Lady has been singing all season but some of the Huskie Kool Aid drinkers refused to listen to her song of no talent, the inability to coach up young players, and wait til next year makes this years 20 loss season OK.

Those Kool Aid drinkers are definitely Cub fans.
02-28-2013 09:09 AM
chihuskie Offline
Heisman

Wow! Bolin got 1 shot! Between Nader and Gray they got 16!!!!! and made 2!!!!!!!

Who do you blame for that????

I think there is blame FOR EVERYONE.

Is it good coaching to continue to allow guys who can't hit the broad side of a barn to keep chucking the ball? and not let or make the guys that can shoot, shoot?/
02-28-2013 11:29 AM
chihuskie Offline
Heisman

There are absolutely no options on this team. Maybe MM can look at the JC ranks? I don;t know how much longer he thinks he has.

I see no improvement, and hope for the near future is based on blind faith and nothing more.

He needs to take immediate steps to improve immediately. If not, he is fooling himself. and hopefully not fooling the AD.
02-28-2013 11:36 AM
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(02-28-2013 11:29 AM)chihuskie Wrote:  Wow! Bolin got 1 shot! Between Nader and Gray they got 16!!!!! and made 2!!!!!!!

Is it good coaching to continue to allow guys who can't hit the broad side of a barn to keep chucking the ball? and not let or make the guys that can shoot, shoot?/

No one on the team can hit the broad side of a barn. It's a sad and depressing state of affairs. Bolin is one who has really regressed from last year. Perhaps he misses Stian Berg.

There are definitely many things wrong with this team. Not all of them relate to the players.
02-28-2013 11:36 AM
GeorgeBorkFan Offline
All American

I Root For:
(02-28-2013 11:36 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(02-28-2013 11:29 AM)chihuskie Wrote:  Wow! Bolin got 1 shot! Between Nader and Gray they got 16!!!!! and made 2!!!!!!!

No one on the team can hit the broad side of a barn. It's a sad and depressing state of affairs. Bolin is one who has really regressed from last year. Perhaps he misses Stian Berg.

There are definitely many things wrong with this team. Not all of them relate to the players.

Bolin passed up some WIDE open shots last night. Right now, I'm wondering if that wrist injury is bothering him more than he lets on.

I can't tell you the number of shots that didn't even hit the rim. I don't know how one can't hit a layup or a very, very short jumper.

Even the problems with the players, DF, relate to people other than the players. When I watch Nader play, I get p*ssed at him and p*ssed at the coaching staff. The guy has a fair amount of raw, athletic ability. But, he's not gotten any better, and is arguably worse than last year. He consistently does not think. That is his fault and the fault of the coaching staff. Last night, he was tripled teamed in the corner and was trying to find a way to force up a shot. Why? That means at least two other guys were wide open. He takes contested three pointers from five feet behind the line. He simply cannot get it through his head that most of the time you can tell that he's going to drive to the hoop no matter what and he either runs over everyone in the way or loses the ball. He HAS to play smarter.

Overall, their physical skills are lacking and they also simply look lost on the court.
02-28-2013 11:48 AM
HuskieTap22 Offline
All American

This team lacks leadership on the court which causes dry spells. Nader is solid but still maturing and needs another player to compliment him and help take the pressure. He tries to do much for a SF. No one else on our roster is threat and at this point in the season defenses know that. We just need more playmakers to keep defenses honest. We need better play at the point (facilitator) and another pure scorer and then we will be better. The rebuilding road is not an easy one but we will be back to respectability soon.
02-28-2013 12:09 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(02-28-2013 11:48 AM)GeorgeBorkFan Wrote:  

Bolin passed up some WIDE open shots last night. Right now, I'm wondering if that wrist injury is bothering him more than he lets on.

I can't tell you the number of shots that didn't even hit the rim. I don't know how one can't hit a layup or a very, very short jumper.

Even the problems with the players, DF, relate to people other than the players. When I watch Nader play, I get p*ssed at him and p*ssed at the coaching staff. The guy has a fair amount of raw, athletic ability. But, he's not gotten any better, and is arguably worse than last year. He consistently does not think. That is his fault and the fault of the coaching staff. Last night, he was tripled teamed in the corner and was trying to find a way to force up a shot. Why? That means at least two other guys were wide open. He takes contested three pointers from five feet behind the line. He simply cannot get it through his head that most of the time you can tell that he's going to drive to the hoop no matter what and he either runs over everyone in the way or loses the ball. He HAS to play smarter.

Overall, their physical skills are lacking and they also simply look lost on the court.

And if any of these players are on the floor next year, the same will happen. Time to back up the truck and load them in.
02-28-2013 12:09 PM
HuskieTap22 Offline
All American

(02-28-2013 12:09 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(02-28-2013 11:48 AM)GeorgeBorkFan Wrote:  

And if any of these players are on the floor next year, the same will happen. Time to back up the truck and load them in.

Nader is fine, it is the rest of the team that is lacking. Defenses know he is our only threat and load up against him. Hopefully Highsmith can come in strong and help take the pressure off. Nader's game will improve dramatically with another scorer on the floor to take the pressure off him and create more space. We just need another scorer and then better point guard play to get those guys the ball and we will start winning some of these closer losses. Outside of Nader, no one on this team is a threat. Our second leading scorer averages 7 points a game. The roster is loaded with role players and guys that would be bench depth on most other teams. Highsmith and the 6'11' big man transfer that will be eligible next season will help. It will get better under Montgomery.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2013 12:25 PM by HuskieTap22.)
02-28-2013 12:16 PM
Advertisement

niu2222 Offline
Special Teams

Huskietap22, I have been saying the same thing for awhile now. Nader will be our no.2-3 option by the time he is a senior. The other guys on the roster will become good role players. Bolin got one shot because he passed on shots allnight. Monty will be here min 4 yrs. Monty is more likely to get extended than fired. The name of the game is recruit, recruit and recruit some more. The reason we win in ftball is because of great juniors and senior leadership. It will be the same in bball.
02-28-2013 01:57 PM
niu2222 Offline
Special Teams

Nader is scoring and rebounding more per game than he did last year!
02-28-2013 01:59 PM
GeorgeBorkFan Offline
All American

I Root For:
(02-28-2013 01:59 PM)niu2222 Wrote:  Nader is scoring and rebounding more per game than he did last year!

And his FG%, FT&, and 3P% were all higher last year. He's shooting 27.7% from the three point line. If he's scoring more while shooting worse from the field, that means he's missing a ton of shots. He's up a turnover per game.

His rpg is up by 0.5. Big deal.

Come on. No one who watches this team can honestly say Nader is better this year than last. I've been to every home game, except for one. He's not better. It is sad and frustrating.
02-28-2013 02:20 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(02-28-2013 02:20 PM)GeorgeBorkFan Wrote:  
(02-28-2013 01:59 PM)niu2222 Wrote:  Nader is scoring and rebounding more per game than he did last year!

And his FG%, FT&, and 3P% were all higher last year. He's shooting 27.7% from the three point line. If he's scoring more while shooting worse from the field, that means he's missing a ton of shots. He's up a turnover per game.

His rpg is up by 0.5. Big deal.

Come on. No one who watches this team can honestly say Nader is better this year than last. I've been to every home game, except for one. He's not better. It is sad and frustrating.

Has your alcoholic consumption gone up? If not, you deserve some sort of award!
02-28-2013 02:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.