Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TripleA says nBE schools will get around 7.2 million each!!!
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
TripleA says nBE schools will get around 7.2 million each!!!
If so then this is great news right? He explained how this would happen on the Memphis messageboard.

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=620276
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 08:25 AM by BamaScorpio69.)
02-24-2013 08:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
RE: TripleA says nBE schools will get around 7.2 million each!!!
fail thread is fail
02-24-2013 08:18 AM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

TripleA said:

Quote: Not treading water by a long shot. Total projected CUSA revenue per team, for TV, NCAA BB credits, and new football playoff distribution:

CUSA = $2.5M per team per year
BE = $7.2M per team per year

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm surprised he didn't share this information with y'all!
02-24-2013 08:22 AM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
TV $1 million vs $2.2 million
Bowl Revenue should be at least 50% more
NCAA tourney credits will be 200-500% better

We can stop the nonsense of playing with c-usa/sunbelt
02-24-2013 08:27 AM
CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
(02-24-2013 08:22 AM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  TripleA said:

Quote: Not treading water by a long shot. Total projected CUSA revenue per team, for TV, NCAA BB credits, and new football playoff distribution:

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm surprised he didn't share this information with y'all!

The above is about right for next season. But in 2014, the new playoff money is about equivalent to the AQ payout for the BE, so the BE will stay about the same, while CUSA will go up about $1M per school. The BE is still better off but the gap closes a bit.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 08:40 AM by CommuterBob.)
02-24-2013 08:28 AM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-24-2013 08:27 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  TV $1 million vs $2.2 million

TV is not 2.2 mil.
02-24-2013 08:30 AM
Advertisement

aTxTIGER Offline

Donators

Instead of starting a 3 millionth thread on this board about this topic, perhaps you shouldve read some of the threads. It has been talked about over and over and over again including those exact figures.
02-24-2013 08:33 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(02-24-2013 08:33 AM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  

Instead of starting a 3 millionth thread on this board about this topic, perhaps you shouldve read some of the threads. It has been talked about over and over and over again including those exact figures.

this
02-24-2013 08:42 AM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
(02-24-2013 08:30 AM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  

TV is not 2.2 mil.

$20 million plus another $2 million from CBS. Unknown if there will be other packages sold too. Correct me if I'm wrong.
02-24-2013 08:42 AM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
As of now tv is 2.2 million. 22m per year divided by 10.
02-24-2013 10:00 AM
Bleeds_Purple Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina!
(02-24-2013 08:42 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  
(02-24-2013 08:30 AM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  

TV is not 2.2 mil.

$20 million plus another $2 million from CBS. Unknown if there will be other packages sold too. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Your right. People saw 130 million 7 year deal and and some didnt have enough sense to realize that the first year of the contract the 2013/2014 is for basketball only and pays out 10 million. The Remaining part of the contract is a 6 year 120 million dollar deal Which comes to 2 million a year per school in a 10 team league. Plus the CBS deal. Now the payout goes down a little if Navy still comes and we go to 12. Unless there is a deal where the payout goes up if we have a Championship game
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 10:03 AM by Bleeds_Purple.)
02-24-2013 10:01 AM
Advertisement

BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
That will depend on if Navy made the move for money. I don't know the answer to that question. Is the academy huring for $?
02-24-2013 10:16 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(02-24-2013 10:16 AM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  That will depend on if Navy made the move for money. I don't know the answer to that question. Is the academy huring for $?

I don't think its about money for Navy or they could have joined a lot earlier when more money was available. I think its more about the new football structure. You basically get little cash from playoffs if you are not in a conference. Biggest reason for Navy was always to be competitive and make bowl games on most years, the new Big East allows them a better chance at both of those than before.

Will they still come on board? Who knows they might change their minds but if they do then there is no reason to go to 12.
02-24-2013 10:21 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(02-24-2013 10:21 AM)Cubanbull Wrote:  
(02-24-2013 10:16 AM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  That will depend on if Navy made the move for money. I don't know the answer to that question. Is the academy huring for $?

I don't think its about money for Navy or they could have joined a lot earlier when more money was available. I think its more about the new football structure. You basically get little cash from playoffs if you are not in a conference. Biggest reason for Navy was always to be competitive and make bowl games on most years, the new Big East allows them a better chance at both of those than before.

Will they still come on board? Who knows they might change their minds but if they do then there is no reason to go to 12.

The reason they couldn't join earlier was that they are an independent and are not in a conference. When a team in a conference leaves an existing conference they instantly create 8 open slots in their schedule. Navy, on the other hand, has 12 games a year scheduled with schools under OOC contracts extending out for years. Joining earlier would have required them to pay to buy out enough games in order to make room for 8 Big East games each year. This would have cost them way more than they would make in the Big East. Now with the Big East only making 2 million a year, it makes no sense to buy out any games to join.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 10:30 AM by Attackcoog.)
02-24-2013 10:26 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
If Bama Scorpio (a UAB fan) would stop to read and analyze, instead of just looking to find things to criticize me and other posters and the BE about, he wouldn't look so clueless. All he does is troll here and the Memphis board and the CR forum posting anything negative about us.

He is obsessed. Reminds me of Tallgrass. :)
02-24-2013 10:41 AM
aTxTIGER Offline

Donators
(02-24-2013 10:41 AM)TripleA Wrote:  If Bama Scorpio (a UAB fan) would stop to read and analyze, instead of just looking to find things to criticize me and other posters and the BE about, he wouldn't look so clueless. All he does is troll here and the Memphis board and the CR forum posting anything negative about us.

He is obsessed. Reminds me of Tallgrass. :)

Tallgrass will at least have some long winded reason for his thoughts. They are a million miles from logic but at least he has reasons. BamaDude is just trolling.
02-24-2013 10:43 AM
Advertisement

Melky Cabrera Offline
Bill Bradley

I Root For: UConn
I think that some people missed the point of Tripe A's post. When incoming CUSA schools like Memphis compare total revenue from all sources including BCS football payouts & NCAA basketball credits, the nBE represents a big increase from CUSA level total revenue.

However, the converse is bad news for ongoing Big East members like UConn, Cincy, & USF. BCS money will not improve and NCAA basketball credits will gradually decline in a weaker basketball conference. This represents a decrease in revenue from the old Big East and a far cry from what we could have had if the conference had hung together.

Regardless of total revenue streams, when comparing TV contracts by themselves, this new deal sucks a big one.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 10:44 AM by Melky Cabrera.)
02-24-2013 10:44 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
To clarify, I was talking total revenue projected, based on past performance, NOT just the TV deal. Somebody else here posted the details before me.
02-24-2013 10:46 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
For USF,UConn and UC how much will they hold on to from the exit fees and basketball units left by those leaving would be huge and could make them easily 5 million more a year for close to 5 years which of course those three might be hoping for realignment during that time.

In 2014-15 the basketball units left by WV,UL,Cuse,Pitt and ND will be worth at least 11 million dollars not counting what those schools do this year and next while still in Big East.
Who ends up keeping that will be big.
Who ends up with those exit fees will also be big.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 10:58 AM by Cubanbull.)
02-24-2013 10:51 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(02-24-2013 10:44 AM)Melky Cabrera Wrote:  I think that some people missed the point of Tripe A's post. When incoming CUSA schools like Memphis compare total revenue from all sources including BCS football payouts & NCAA basketball credits, the nBE represents a big increase from CUSA level total revenue.

However, the converse is bad news for ongoing Big East members like UConn, Cincy, & USF. BCS money will not improve and NCAA basketball credits will gradually decline in a weaker basketball conference. This represents a decrease in revenue from the old Big East and a far cry from what we could have had if the conference had hung together.

Regardless of total revenue streams, when comparing TV contracts by themselves, this new deal sucks a big one.

Agree with all except the possible declining revenue. Perhaps, but there will be less mouths to feed, and we'll have 4 good teams of 10 or 11, rather than 6-8 of 16, and others could step up with less competition available.
02-24-2013 10:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.