WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I found a brown & gold shirt!
bronco89 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WMU
I found a brown & gold shirt!
After digging around the Spirit Shop for an hour I finally found a Brown & Gold WMU Shirt! Please bring back the true brown and gold. It makes us stand out!
02-24-2013 01:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Broncoboogie Offline
1st String

RE: I found a brown & gold shirt!
(02-24-2013 01:21 AM)bronco89 Wrote:  After digging around the Spirit Shop for an hour I finally found a Brown & Gold WMU Shirt! Please bring back the true brown and gold. It makes us stand out!

I had a brown shirt with gold letters, it was my favorite shirt. Wore it til the pits rotted out. In fact I still got it, maybe I'll sew it.
02-24-2013 07:43 AM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Surprised the "Powers that Be" haven't changed lyrics in Alma Mater to "Black and Gold."

We're the Purdue of Michigan and MAC.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 09:14 AM by MajorHoople.)
02-24-2013 08:41 AM
EA3 Offline
Heisman

Ran into Walmart to get some WD-40 while the wife ran through the car wash. Walked through their WMU section on the way to the checkout line. While I prefer shopping at the Bookstore or Spirit Shop for wmu clothing, I was impressed with the choices they had. Much better than Meijer in that regard.
02-24-2013 08:54 AM
EA3 Offline
Heisman

And they had had brown and gold options
02-24-2013 08:55 AM
Advertisement

Broncobelt Offline
All American

Left early yesterday as I was concerned about the weather. We got there with no problems so killed time at the bookstore. They have brought back brown and gold shirts. First time I have seen them on campus in a long time.
02-24-2013 11:41 AM
MRBUTTONS Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W.M.U.
(02-24-2013 08:41 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Surprised the "Powers that Be" haven't changed lyrics in Alma Mater to "Black and Gold."

We're the Purdue of Michigan and MAC.

01-lauramac201-lauramac2

Dear Hoople... You have to admit the uniforms over the past decade or so are heads and heels above some of the Brown and Gold stuff of the 60's-70's and 80's. I love my almamatter and been a huge follower and supporter since 1961. BUT I LOVE THE CLASS that black and gold brings to the visual appeal of our teams. ALWAYS proud the be a Bronco supporter. Love the new look however.
02-24-2013 11:30 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
Gawd you're a total dbag BUTTONS. You keep insulting the most respected and credible posters here, while I'm sure it's schtick and on purpose, nevertheless your act has grown old. Stick to your main ID for a while...

To that note I'm sensing a pattern of posters that you regularly disagree with. They in the past have had no problem standing up to a certain guy here.....hmmmmmm.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 11:58 PM by DesertBronco.)
02-24-2013 11:56 PM
bronco89 Offline
Special Teams

Actually I like the early 90s stuff the best including the logo. (bucking Bronco in an English style W). There was an empansis on the school colors. I do like the new gold as opposed to the yellow that I had to wear in the early/mid eighties. The yellow pants we had on the football team were terrible.
02-25-2013 06:36 AM
Advertisement

bronco89 Offline
Special Teams

btw....lose the black. We look like every other mid-major, generic team has gone to black. Part of branding is standing out in a crowd. Brown and gold does that for us. Next to the locker room at UA they had some old pictures and the gold b-ball unis in a couple of pics brought back some memories....liked that look.
02-25-2013 06:39 AM
EA3 Offline
Heisman

(02-24-2013 11:56 PM)DesertBronco Wrote:  Gawd you're a total dbag BUTTONS. You keep insulting the most respected and credible posters here, while I'm sure it's schtick and on purpose, nevertheless your act has grown old. Stick to your main ID for a while...

To that note I'm sensing a pattern of posters that you regularly disagree with. They in the past have had no problem standing up to a certain guy here.....hmmmmmm.

He will flat out tell you who he is if you are cordial to him in a DM. No real mystery there.
02-25-2013 09:40 AM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(02-25-2013 06:36 AM)bronco89 Wrote:  Actually I like the early 90s stuff the best including the logo. (bucking Bronco in an English style W). There was an empansis on the school colors. I do like the new gold as opposed to the yellow that I had to wear in the early/mid eighties. The yellow pants we had on the football team were terrible.

I was born in Green Bay so I'm biased for the Green Bay Gold.

In 1965 Doo got all new unis that were modeled after LSU's (except for helmets) and we were the most colorful team in MAC.

We looked SHARP!

Eldon later got the Gold unis for Basketball. Away sets had been Seal Brown.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 09:50 AM by MajorHoople.)
02-25-2013 09:48 AM
EA3 Offline
Heisman

(02-25-2013 09:48 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  
(02-25-2013 06:36 AM)bronco89 Wrote:  Actually I like the early 90s stuff the best including the logo. (bucking Bronco in an English style W). There was an empansis on the school colors. I do like the new gold as opposed to the yellow that I had to wear in the early/mid eighties. The yellow pants we had on the football team were terrible.

In 1965 Doo got all new unis that were modeled after LSU's (except for helmets) and we were the most colorful team in MAC.

We looked SHARP!

For the record...I can't stand the Vegas Gold uniforms for men's basketball. I'd much prefer the gold ones worn when they beat Clemson 15 years ago in the Big Dance.
02-25-2013 09:51 AM
Advertisement

thegeneral Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU, OU
Yup. The black and gold unis suck.

With all the throwback-retro themes these days, you'd think it'd be COOL to go back to brown and gold with a Block W.
02-25-2013 10:08 AM
DavidKoolIsGod Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: WMU/The Mac
Brown and vegas gold would be awesome, using black and white as accents. The uniforms the hockey team wore at the GLI are great, color-wise. I think that is a pretty original color combination and it looks good.
02-25-2013 06:02 PM
anthonybronco Offline
1st String

Say it Loud and Proud!! "Onward for the BROWN and Gold!!!"

I've been preaching zealously this on this message board for a while about our school colors...

When I was in the BMB in 1987, we wore all BROWN!! We even had a Brown raincoat for the crappy days when we outnumbered the fans Waldo. Loved that uniform!!

I Love Our School Colors!!

We've tinkered with Black for about a decade now... I firmly believe it's time to go back to our school colors and stop being ashamed of them!

And agreed, the "throwback" hockey unis with the Brown Gold and Block "W" this year are awesome!! (and the Basketball Broncos that beat Clemson in the Big Dance were also looking clean in their unis!)

Yet, I hesitate to use the term "throwback" when describing our older uniforms, because how do you "throwback" to your own school colors???

If the Detroit Pistons were to wear "teal" again, that would indeed be a throwback, but thankfully the Pistons came to their senses after a few years of tinkering an went back to good old Red White and Blue.

There are a billion different shades of Brown and Gold... I'm sure we (with the help of Nike, Adidas, Under Armour or whatever) can figure out some combo that works!! It's not that hard. Valpo does it, so does Wyoming.

With all due respect to my fellow Broncos who prefer the color Black, the choice to highlight Black and virtually ignore Brown seems like a long worn out fad to many Alumni (some of whom support our school financially) and in some ways it feels a bit disrespectful.

I thought highlighting Black was cool -- for one year, two at most... but it's dragged on too long. I'd much rather see "Brownouts" in the stands with everyone wearing Brown as opposed to "Blackouts"

Two suggestions...

- New BMB unis should be a form of Gold with Brown highlights.

- Second, after seeing the Oscars last night, the BMB should play some form of Goldfinger that we can rock out to in the stands... (but I digress)...

Own the Brown... Claim it... LOVE IT!!

Onward Brown and Gold!!

Go Broncos!!
02-25-2013 07:06 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
^
Really appreciate your passion on this AB!!
02-25-2013 07:08 PM
Advertisement

MRBUTTONS Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W.M.U.
(02-25-2013 09:48 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  

We looked SHARP!

Eldon later got the Gold unis for Basketball. Away sets had been Seal Brown.
04-cheers
Yep Doo was the best. I remember watching those teams in my freshman year at W.M.U. What I'll never forget about him is how he called everyone "coach". Over the years I probably ran into him 100 times and his first words were always 'HI COACH".
So despite what EA3 says I don't always disrespect. I know he is THE expert on dbags. Sticks and stones don't ever question him or you'll be a dbag too.
02-25-2013 08:32 PM
EA3 Offline
Heisman

Despite what I say? Huh?
02-25-2013 08:42 PM
bronco89 Offline
Special Teams

Thank you AB! Love the passion and couldn't agree more with your comments.
02-26-2013 07:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.