Rams' Fisher plans on former Golden Eagle Davis as No. 2 QB
Bookmark and Share
Southern Miss Alum Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Rams' Fisher plans on former Golden Eagle Davis as No. 2 QB
[Image: 5128562f27330.preview-620.jpg]

INDIANAPOLIS • It’s nearly three months before the Rams do any full-squad practice work, but it looks very much like quarterback Austin Davis has been promoted.

Asked Friday about his plans at backup QB, coach Jeff Fisher said, “Well, we’ve got Austin Davis. I was really happy with his progress.”

ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH: Fisher plans on Austin Davis as No. 2 QB
02-23-2013 01:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AirRaid Offline
1st String

I Root For: H-TownTakeover
RE: Rams' Fisher plans on former Golden Eagle Davis as No. 2 QB
Brett Favre is something worth bragging about....not this.
02-23-2013 01:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SgtGoldenEagle Offline
Special Teams

(02-23-2013 01:56 PM)AirRaid Wrote:  Brett Favre is something worth bragging about....not this.

Are you just one of those who has to respond in a negative way or do you really not care about the progress of one of your team's former players making noticeable progress? I have to tell you that I for one am glad to hear how Davis is doing and glad this was posted but then I am a real fan of not only USM but our former players, so I guess I can't understand your statement because of it.
02-23-2013 02:46 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

(02-23-2013 01:56 PM)AirRaid Wrote:  Brett Favre is something worth bragging about....not this.

Where's Case Keenum? Bagging groceries?
02-23-2013 02:53 PM
So Miss Eagle Offline
Water Engineer

Wow... If Favre is the standard for bragging about, then that rules out being proud of 99.9% of any former players.

Ridiculous post.
02-23-2013 03:13 PM
Advertisement

shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

(02-23-2013 03:13 PM)So Miss Eagle Wrote:  

Wow... If Favre is the standard for bragging about, then that rules out being proud of 99.9% of any former players.

Ridiculous post.

2011. He must still be mad about it.
02-23-2013 03:20 PM
Funslinger Offline
All American

Who said he was bragging?
02-23-2013 03:22 PM
AirRaid Offline
1st String

I Root For: H-TownTakeover
Damn lol...pushed a button. Relax. Cool you guys have a backup QB, who may never start in a crap team behind a mediocre QB. Put things is perspective. You guys can be happy but the OP seemed like he was bragging. I am not mad about 2011 after the USM 2012 season. Also I was never mad at USM but frustrated at Sumlin. As for Keenum he will always be a better college QB than Austin Davis. Ton's of QB's tank in the NFL, but his time in the NFL isnt over yet. Likewise, Austin Davis might become an all-pro super athlete, you just never know.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2013 03:56 PM by AirRaid.)
02-23-2013 03:53 PM
Freshy Offline
1st String

Given Davis's story and the fact that he broke most of Favre's records at Southern Miss, this is very much a feel-good story for Southern Miss fans.
02-23-2013 03:56 PM
Advertisement

GrandPointEagle Offline
All American

I Root For: USM, Wave, SELU
(02-23-2013 03:53 PM)AirRaid Wrote:  As for Keenum he will always be a better college QB than Austin Davis.

Sure, but just remember who kicked who's ass in the head to head.
02-23-2013 10:34 PM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

(02-23-2013 03:53 PM)AirRaid Wrote:  Damn lol...pushed a button. Relax. Cool you guys have a backup QB, who may never start in a crap team behind a mediocre QB. Put things is perspective. You guys can be happy but the OP seemed like he was bragging. I am not mad about 2011 after the USM 2012 season. Also I was never mad at USM but frustrated at Sumlin. As for Keenum he will always be a better college QB than Austin Davis. Ton's of QB's tank in the NFL, but his time in the NFL isnt over yet. Likewise, Austin Davis might become an all-pro super athlete, you just never know.

the OP was a tad over the top. I suspect that this is more annoyance at "it was a fluke" bubbling over; it really is just beneath the surface.

as for davis vs. keenum; you're just flat wrong.

despite the fact that keenum played college football until he was nearly 40, keenum and davis only matched up once. and you know what happened that afternoon.
02-23-2013 10:53 PM
SgtGoldenEagle Offline
Special Teams

(02-23-2013 03:53 PM)AirRaid Wrote:  Damn lol...pushed a button. Relax. Cool you guys have a backup QB, who may never start in a crap team behind a mediocre QB. Put things is perspective. You guys can be happy but the OP seemed like he was bragging. I am not mad about 2011 after the USM 2012 season. Also I was never mad at USM but frustrated at Sumlin. As for Keenum he will always be a better college QB than Austin Davis. Ton's of QB's tank in the NFL, but his time in the NFL isnt over yet. Likewise, Austin Davis might become an all-pro super athlete, you just never know.

I think you really need to take a chill pill. I have to say you look bad because you sound like someone who hasn't gotten over 2011 and too immature to accept it and move on. There comes a time to grow up and I think this is a chance for you to do so. Take advantage of it.

Oh by the way how is Keenum doing these days?
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 01:02 AM by SgtGoldenEagle.)
02-24-2013 01:01 AM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles

Austin b#tch slapped Whooston all over the field when it mattered. He shoved the BCS bid up your arse. I fully understand your bitterness and hatred.

[Image: bildevs.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 01:47 AM by EagleRockCafe.)
02-24-2013 01:29 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
Let's not forget that Glanville didn't think Favre had it either and look what happened. Green Bay sends him cards every Xmas!

I wonder what Glanville is doing now...nah, not really.

AD is an injury away from getting the opportunity to make the Rams better. His field general prowess is pretty damn good...exactly what you want in the NFL...I just don't see that in Bradford. SB hasn't totally sucked to the point where Fisher can bench him and those contract dollars influence that.

It's so funny how almost everything Southern Miss related has to be defended....maybe that should be viewed as a positive.

Collier, Favre, Davis....33 percent of our last 33 years of football...I think most schools would be okay with that trio. I know we are.
02-24-2013 03:04 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Favre has actually defended Glanville over that.

He said basically he was still partying like he did in college, wasn't very mature, or in very good shape, and not well-prepared. There's not a coach in the NFL who wouldn't let him go.

Either way, he clearly got it straightened out.

Oh, and congrats to Davis. He always struck me as a good egg.

I'm beginning to think AirRaid is either 12 or not very bright.
02-24-2013 09:00 AM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

(02-24-2013 03:04 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  Let's not forget that Glanville didn't think Favre had it either and look what happened. Green Bay sends him cards every Xmas!

I wonder what Glanville is doing now...nah, not really.

AD is an injury away from getting the opportunity to make the Rams better. His field general prowess is pretty damn good...exactly what you want in the NFL...I just don't see that in Bradford. SB hasn't totally sucked to the point where Fisher can bench him and those contract dollars influence that.

It's so funny how almost everything Southern Miss related has to be defended....maybe that should be viewed as a positive.

Collier, Favre, Davis....33 percent of our last 33 years of football...I think most schools would be okay with that trio. I know we are.

Wasn't Glanville one of June Jone$' coordinators at Sloppy Methodist?
02-25-2013 01:48 PM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

Wow; I had read that this thread was moved to "smack" over on the regular CUSA board and I had to see it.

Cougar fans: let it go. It was one game. All we are doing here is sharing information about a fellow alum. You have a bright future ahead of you. USM 49-UH 28 was not the end. Bleachergate was just as bad IMHO. In twenty years, you'll be in the Big XII and we'll be in the Southland. Let us have our fun FFS.
02-25-2013 01:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.