Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who's going to play point next year?
Bookmark and Share
payday Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats!
Who's going to play point next year?
Cash has really been a dissappointment since Depaul. And his injury may have accounted for it early, but it's gone on to long.

Usually i'm optimistic about underclassment stepping up. But I just don't see it with Guyn. I don't think he can run an offense.

I hope one of the incoming freshmen is capable.

02-21-2013 10:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ruffles Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UC
RE: Who's going to play point next year?
(02-21-2013 10:16 PM)payday Wrote:  Cash has really been a dissappointment since Depaul. And his injury may have accounted for it early, but it's gone on to long.

Usually i'm optimistic about underclassment stepping up. But I just don't see it with Guyn. I don't think he can run an offense.

Time to find out. Cash has heart but he is hurting the team since his injury.

02-21-2013 10:18 PM
Riptsa Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC/Huggins
Jeremiah Davis III might be the most fundamentally sound guard on the team, however they have been working with him at the two much more than the point. I am guessing Guyn will start the season there but I am excited to see if Caupain will be able to unseat him.

02-21-2013 10:19 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Cappy.

If its Guyn, this team won't win 16 games.

02-21-2013 10:25 PM
payday Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats!
I couldn't believe that play where Guyn caused that UConn over and back and then unbelievably went across court and knocked it out of bounds.

02-21-2013 10:29 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Kid was awful all night on both ends of the floor, IMO. He hits a 3 and people were oohing and ahhhing which was humorous. 2 years in and it looks like the kid can not cut it at a high level

02-21-2013 10:49 PM
Advertisement

Bearcat04 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The CATS
(02-21-2013 10:18 PM)ruffles Wrote:  
(02-21-2013 10:16 PM)payday Wrote:  Cash has really been a dissappointment since Depaul. And his injury may have accounted for it early, but it's gone on to long.

Up to date stats since the injury:

23-93 FG (24%)
12-58 3pt (20%)
23 assists/17 turnovers

02-21-2013 10:57 PM
ruffles Offline
Special Teams

(02-21-2013 10:49 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Kid was awful all night on both ends of the floor, IMO. He hits a 3 and people were oohing and ahhhing which was humorous. 2 years in and it looks like the kid can not cut it at a high level

Never know unless he is allowed to play without fear of making a mistake and to get into a rythym.

Really loved our point guard dribbling to the trap area right across mid-court and mishandling the dribble causing an over and back violation with 50 seconds to play and a tie game.

02-21-2013 11:10 PM
Mopper Offline
1st String

It has to be Davis. He is not a traditional pass first point guard, but even last year it was obvious that he had one of the highest basketball IQ's on the team. For a team that has no offensive "system" to speak of getting the ball in the hands of one of your smartest players is probably the best way to go. Guyn is a tremendous defender, but he doesn't need to be guarded on offense, and he makes me feel weak every time he handles the ball. He needs to either embrace the new look Rashad Bishop role or move along.

02-22-2013 03:50 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(02-21-2013 10:57 PM)Bearcat04 Wrote:  
(02-21-2013 10:18 PM)ruffles Wrote:  

Up to date stats since the injury:

23-93 FG (24%)
12-58 3pt (20%)
23 assists/17 turnovers

I just can't believe it....he was do dang good before the injury. If this doesn't suck i don't know what does. This is basically a miny version of Kmart injury. This team was good and we just lost our key player and now we aren't good. It's not on same level as the Kmart injury and that team I realize but is similar in that we had a good thing going, we lose the ONE guy we couldn't afford to lose and now we are a different team. If we didn't have bad luck we wouldn't have any at all at UC. Unreal....03-banghead

02-22-2013 06:54 AM
Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ice cream
At this point, is it really legitimate to blame an injury? He's playing, but isn't knocking down shots. I'm sure he's lost some confidence in his shot and hopefully he sorts it out soon. I assume the improved competition is a little bit to blame as well.

02-22-2013 08:58 AM
Advertisement

JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Bearcats
(02-22-2013 08:58 AM)Coopdaddy67 Wrote:  At this point, is it really legitimate to blame an injury? He's playing, but isn't knocking down shots. I'm sure he's lost some confidence in his shot and hopefully he sorts it out soon. I assume the improved competition is a little bit to blame as well.

Yes, because it really limits his practice time.

At any rate, I'll worry about next year's point guard next year.

02-22-2013 09:11 AM
coachpipe Offline
1st String

If all else fails I can do it. My knees are getting pretty bad and my shot really isnt there, but I have confidence in my abilities after watching this team play

02-22-2013 09:25 AM
ruffles Offline
Special Teams

(02-22-2013 08:58 AM)Coopdaddy67 Wrote:  At this point, is it really legitimate to blame an injury? He's playing, but isn't knocking down shots. I'm sure he's lost some confidence in his shot and hopefully he sorts it out soon. I assume the improved competition is a little bit to blame as well.

I think it is as even when he shoots an open jump shot it is very flat which mens he isn't getting the lift from his legs while shooting.

02-22-2013 11:27 AM
natibeast21 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC, Ohio State
Do you guys even watch Guyn? He is the best defender on the team. He would not be a scoring point guard like cash, but he can definitely get to the basket given a lane. You can win plenty of games without a scoring point guard take for example osu and craft. Guyn reminds me a lot of craft. He has pretty good handling and if he can work on his passing and shooting a little more he would be a great point guard. It's not like he turns it over all the time.

Grading Guyn:
Offense: C-
Defense: A
Handle: B-
Passing: C
Hustle: A
Tenacity: A+

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2013 11:37 AM by natibeast21.)
02-22-2013 11:36 AM
BearChatter v2.0 Offline
Rounding Third and headed...
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Da Bearcats!
I'd be willing to put up with a season of struggling and simply start Caupain, JDIII, S K, Lawrence, and Strickland next season, and look forward to the their second season together except for S K. And get KJ, Morman, and Thomas more minutes immediately. It would tick off some of the veterans, but oh well.

02-22-2013 11:49 AM
Advertisement

RealDeal Offline
Heisman

(02-22-2013 11:36 AM)natibeast21 Wrote:  Do you guys even watch Guyn? He is the best defender on the team. He would not be a scoring point guard like cash, but he can definitely get to the basket given a lane. You can win plenty of games without a scoring point guard take for example osu and craft. Guyn reminds me a lot of craft. He has pretty good handling and if he can work on his passing and shooting a little more he would be a great point guard. It's not like he turns it over all the time.

Grading Guyn:

I think Guyn is getting overly criticized here but I don't like him near as much as you do. He is a terrific defender. He is our best free throw shooter, I know its a smaller sample size but his form is terrific so I don't think his percentage is an aberation. I'm not sure he handles the ball well enough to be a starting point guard and your grades are way off for hustle and tenacity. In the Georgetown game he was benched for bad decision making. When he hustles like he did last night he is very valuable, I just don't think he brings it often enough.

I've actually been more impressed lately with him being willing to attack the hole more than he has in the past. I guess I just see his ceiling as 20-25 min. 6th man, not 35 min. starting point guard of a good team.

02-22-2013 12:08 PM
apoe Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I think Guyn gets the shot at PG next year. Not sure if his handle is strong enough but his defense is very solid.

Honestly, watching Cash since the injury I've been wandering if Cronin should be playing Guyn more. I know Cash is gutting it out but he is a shell of himself and giving this team nothing.

02-22-2013 12:21 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(02-22-2013 11:36 AM)natibeast21 Wrote:  Do you guys even watch Guyn? He is the best defender on the team. He would not be a scoring point guard like cash, but he can definitely get to the basket given a lane. You can win plenty of games without a scoring point guard take for example osu and craft. Guyn reminds me a lot of craft. He has pretty good handling and if he can work on his passing and shooting a little more he would be a great point guard. It's not like he turns it over all the time.

Grading Guyn:

The problem is that our bigs account for zero offense. You can't have 3 of your 5 starters be non-entities on offense.

02-22-2013 01:14 PM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
I think Guyn's handling and passing will improve with serious playing time. Personally I prefer PG's that are distributors rather than scorers, of course that's only if others can score.

02-22-2013 07:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.