It's Official: Kennesaw starting football
Bookmark and Share
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
It's Official: Kennesaw starting football
02-13-2013 03:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
RE: It's Official: Kennesaw starting football
The UTC board says KSU will play in 2015.
02-13-2013 03:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Buc66 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
02-13-2013 05:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mister Jennings Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU
I've been to Kennesaw twice to watch them play ETSU. I have a question....if they won't come to basketball games...will they come to football games?
02-13-2013 05:57 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

Ga Board of Regents stiff armed them at first, could not get on the December agenda, and was delayed for more info at the January meeting. Are they in discussion with the OVC, Big South, and SoCon?

On to the more important topic, is ETSU on the TBR agenda for March? Wonder what is expected from ETSU by the TBR in order to get this thing approved? What's a stake here for Brian Noland as the new president of ETSU?
02-13-2013 06:07 PM
Advertisement

PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I Root For: Justice
That is one helluva question, 66.

With everyone talking about football coming back, we have forgotten that football coming back hasn't been announced yet.

Very weird to say, and very true.
02-13-2013 06:47 PM
GoBucsGo Offline
1st String

I Root For:
'66 - Yes, we are on the agenda in March. There's no worries from our end. The TBR will approve this. Honestly, if you REALLY think about it, why would they reject an increase in student fees that is still lower than all other TBR schools?
02-13-2013 09:26 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

(02-13-2013 09:26 PM)GoBucsGo Wrote:  '66 - Yes, we are on the agenda in March. There's no worries from our end. The TBR will approve this. Honestly, if you REALLY think about it, why would they reject an increase in student fees that is still lower than all other TBR schools?

Appreciate the update, this is good to hear.
02-13-2013 09:35 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(02-13-2013 09:35 PM)Buc66 Wrote:  
(02-13-2013 09:26 PM)GoBucsGo Wrote:  '66 - Yes, we are on the agenda in March. There's no worries from our end. The TBR will approve this. Honestly, if you REALLY think about it, why would they reject an increase in student fees that is still lower than all other TBR schools?

Appreciate the update, this is good to hear.

Plus ETSU is currently the only TBR school without football. Would they ever reject the plea of ETSU to reinstate football? I think they would approve it in a heartbeat!
02-13-2013 09:40 PM
Advertisement

One Of The Last Buc Linemen Offline
Banned

(02-13-2013 06:47 PM)PittsburghBucs Wrote:  That is one helluva question, 66.

With everyone talking about football coming back, we have forgotten that football coming back hasn't been announced yet.

Very weird to say, and very true.

quite right!!! the sooner etsu makes the announcement the better. with all of these other schools getting football, it will create a competitive/demand situation for any football conference openings. if noland waits too long, we all should be o.k. with remaining in the asun and either competing nonscholy in pfl or indy with scholys
02-13-2013 11:32 PM
Mister Jennings Offline
1st String

The football train is rolling down the track...there is no stopping it at this point. Don't listen to any fear mongering that's going on. I wonder if these other schools beating ETSU to the punch with football announcements will have any consequences....is there any advantages to being first? My presupposition is it doesn't matter. This football explosion is wonderful...the more the merrier. I hope that Sander is working on a spectacular premier wherever it will be held. I envy him putting all this together...I can't think of a more fun job. It's why he came out of retirement!
02-14-2013 04:32 AM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-14-2013 04:32 AM)Mister Jennings Wrote:  The football train is rolling down the track...there is no stopping it at this point. Don't listen to any fear mongering that's going on. I wonder if these other schools beating ETSU to the punch with football announcements will have any consequences....is there any advantages to being first? My presupposition is it doesn't matter. This football explosion is wonderful...the more the merrier. I hope that Sander is working on a spectacular premier wherever it will be held. I envy him putting all this together...I can't think of a more fun job. It's why he came out of retirement!

Sander retired from VCU, he didn't stop working, he started Docdi Consulting, LLC. It is the work he has been doing with Docdi since leaving VCU that brought him to ETSU as much or probably even more so then his work at VCU. This is what he has been doing since leaving VCU, going on around helping schools with their athletic programs. That is why I don't think he will stay beyond his 6 month contract, at least not as AD, he will probably move behind the scenes to help the new AD if it is needed. ETSU is client whose need was so great it required more of hands on approach then his others.
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2013 07:24 AM by RodShaw2.)
02-14-2013 07:22 AM
Buc66 Offline
All American

Will there be a similar kind of announcement for ETSU's football stadium?

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/fifth-thi...sor/nWPdG/
02-14-2013 08:54 PM
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
Check out the comments in that article. ETSU isn't the only school dealing with naysayers.
02-14-2013 08:57 PM
etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Purdue,ETSU,G5
(02-14-2013 08:57 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  Check out the comments in that article. ETSU isn't the only school dealing with naysayers.
Even though they have a bigtime offical sponser. Also have they heard of Appalachian State,Gerogia Southern,FIU,FAU,USF,ODU,Charlotte,etc. because they don't know what they are talking about. Also the incoming freshman classes once we have football will accept it and attend it because most of the anti-football people will be gone.
02-14-2013 09:05 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

(02-14-2013 09:05 PM)etsuandpurdue3 Wrote:  
(02-14-2013 08:57 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  Check out the comments in that article. ETSU isn't the only school dealing with naysayers.
Even though they have a bigtime offical sponser. Also have they heard of Appalachian State,Gerogia Southern,FIU,FAU,USF,ODU,Charlotte,etc. because they don't know what they are talking about. Also the incoming freshman classes once we have football will accept it and attend it because most of the anti-football people will be gone.

Note: All those schools that you named above have seen substantial increases in freshmen enrollment because of football.
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2013 09:12 PM by Buc66.)
02-14-2013 09:11 PM
etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Purdue,ETSU,G5
(02-14-2013 09:11 PM)Buc66 Wrote:  
(02-14-2013 09:05 PM)etsuandpurdue3 Wrote:  

Note: All those schools that you named above have seen substantial increases in freshmen enrollment because of football.
And if there's any anti-football left, their drowned out.
02-14-2013 09:18 PM
Advertisement

Buc66 Offline
All American

02-15-2013 06:00 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

02-19-2013 05:44 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
(02-19-2013 05:44 PM)Buc66 Wrote:  Is ETSU seeking advice?

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/k...ach/nWSQY/

Does a one legged duck swim in a circle?
02-19-2013 09:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.