UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Former UAB, Minor High linebacker Bryan Thomas could get charges dismissed
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Exclamation Former UAB, Minor High linebacker Bryan Thomas could get charges dismissed
02-12-2013 08:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

RE: Former UAB, Minor High linebacker Bryan Thomas could get charges dismissed
I wish Bryan well.
02-12-2013 08:42 AM
BhamSnap Offline
Special Teams

Good news.
02-13-2013 12:04 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I find it kind of ironic this comes out today when the Bama players are arrested. If they go thru a diversion program and get their charges dropped, many will be claiming that it is because of their status as football players. Yet here is a football player that did some bad things, yet we like him because he played for our school and it is good news that he is having the charges dismissed.

I am not singling anyone out because I thought the same thing when I first read it.

Makes me ponder...
02-13-2013 12:29 AM
Advertisement

bladhmadh Offline
All American

(02-13-2013 12:29 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  I find it kind of ironic this comes out today when the Bama players are arrested. If they go thru a diversion program and get their charges dropped, many will be claiming that it is because of their status as football players. Yet here is a football player that did some bad things, yet we like him because he played for our school and it is good news that he is having the charges dismissed.

I am not singling anyone out because I thought the same thing when I first read it.

Makes me ponder...

I was thinking the same thing
02-13-2013 06:45 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(02-13-2013 12:29 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  I find it kind of ironic this comes out today when the Bama players are arrested. If they go thru a diversion program and get their charges dropped, many will be claiming that it is because of their status as football players. Yet here is a football player that did some bad things, yet we like him because he played for our school and it is good news that he is having the charges dismissed.

Makes me ponder...

That's a fair criticism.

I guess its human nature to give one of your own the benefit of the doubt, while thinking the worst of people you're inclined to, anyway.

Not an excuse. Just an observation.
02-13-2013 07:42 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Let's just see how different the judicial system treats both situations.

I suspect there will not be any pre-trial probation given to all 4. Maybe 1 or 2 may get a lighter judgement based upon the amount of their involvement.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2013 08:27 AM by the_blazerman.)
02-13-2013 08:27 AM
Advertisement

bladhmadh Offline
All American

its not the first time he has been accused of this
02-13-2013 08:35 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

For discussion, even the treatment of different players - whether still a player or a former player, may be different.

Anthony Thomas basically did the same thing that Thomas did, outside of the additional drug use.
02-13-2013 08:36 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up

Makes me ponder...

Me too. And honestly, I don't care what happens to him at this point. I have zero respect for any man who hits his wife. He played at UAB and I enjoyed that part of his life. I hate the Jets, but I have always rooted for Thomas because of the UAB ties. I won't root for anybody who does this crap. And I couldn't care less about the drug charges, because I'm sure over half the damn league is on some sort of painkiller.
02-13-2013 09:02 AM
Advertisement

USAFBlazerFan Offline
Bleeding Green & Gold since '93

I Root For: UAB BLAZERS!!!
Is it known that he hit his wife? I would assume if he hit her, then the charge would include battery, but I don't know enough about the case which is why I'm asking.
02-13-2013 09:18 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(02-13-2013 09:18 AM)USAFBlazerFan Wrote:  Is it known that he hit his wife? I would assume if he hit her, then the charge would include battery, but I don't know enough about the case which is why I'm asking.

What I found reported stated that he pushed her with a chair and punched her in the stomach. He was charged with aggravated assault.

I don't know if it's true or not, but my wife generally doesn't call the cops and complain that I assaulted her when it didn't happen.
02-13-2013 09:59 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
I am with MB and 9911 on this. I hope he didnt do it but there is a lot of smoke.
02-13-2013 10:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GreenHornet33 Offline
All American

I Root For: Jackson State Tigers
(02-13-2013 07:42 AM)Smaug Wrote:  

Makes me ponder...

That's a fair criticism.

I guess its human nature to give one of your own the benefit of the doubt, while thinking the worst of people you're inclined to, anyway.

Not an excuse. Just an observation.

So true!
02-13-2013 11:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.