Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Still think Big East NBC TV deal will impact CUSA? Rolling in the $$$...NOT
Bookmark and Share
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
Big Grin Still think Big East NBC TV deal will impact CUSA? Rolling in the $$$...NOT
Hope it was worth leaving and paying out all that $$$ to play in a conference for that $$. So what will the conference be called? Oh yea you don't know that either.

Mobile - http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/story?storyId=8932681
Full site - http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba...ghts-deals
02-10-2013 11:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Still think Big East NBC TV deal will impact CUSA? Rolling in the $$$...NOT
this will go over well
02-10-2013 11:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
(02-10-2013 11:18 AM)Beagleagle23 Wrote:  this will go over well

Well it will be fine if the whiny ass Big East pundits stick with their kind on their board and keep doing what they have been by telling each other ridiculous myths about why they are in the Aresco conf. Meanwhile we will stick to our guns here and continue to be proven right time and again.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2013 11:53 AM by MU ATO.)
02-10-2013 11:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Golden Jedi Knight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
I know you guys hate the departing members and want us to fail, but I wouldn't take this story to mean that the remaining Big East all-sports members won't get a better offer in the long-term. Consider the source of this story, too: ESPN is one of the players involved in all of this, so I'm not surprised that they would report some lowball offer from another network (even if the accuracy of that reporting may be in question). They can quote what this person said and that person said if they want, but until a deal is finalized, it's all talk.
02-10-2013 11:58 AM
Dracorex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
CUSA now is a better basketball conference than the 2.0 league. Houston, SMU, Tulane, ECU... thank you for taking that crap elsewhere. to SMU; good luck finding the money to pay for your new expensive basketball coaches while only getting a few hundred dollars more a year. To Tulane: same thing about your stadium... It sickens me that your schools were unwilling to improve themselves until they thought they were going to play elsewhere for more $$$.

Our football will improve... Your football programs for the most part have maxed out at their potential levels.

Thank you and have a nice day...
02-10-2013 12:03 PM
450bench Online

I Root For: Memphis
(02-10-2013 12:03 PM)Dracorex Wrote:  CUSA now is a better basketball conference than the 2.0 league. Houston, SMU, Tulane, ECU... thank you for taking that crap elsewhere. to SMU; good luck finding the money to pay for your new expensive basketball coaches while only getting a few hundred dollars more a year. To Tulane: same thing about your stadium... It sickens me that your schools were unwilling to improve themselves until they thought they were going to play elsewhere for more $$$.

Our football will improve... Your football programs for the most part have maxed out at their potential levels.

This is why people like me absolutely HATE uab...They have earned it though and then some...

At least the schools leaving have made an attempt to better themselves...Whether that's accomplished remains to be seen but I think it's likely...uab has done nothing, either on the field of play or off, to do ANYTHING...That's something to be proud of...Have fun sucking for the for as long as the eye can see...You've certainly earned THAT
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2013 12:11 PM by 450bench.)
02-10-2013 12:10 PM
Advertisement

JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
The hurt is strong with this obe.
02-10-2013 12:14 PM
450bench Online

I Root For: Memphis
(02-10-2013 12:03 PM)Dracorex Wrote:  CUSA now is a better basketball conference than the 2.0 league. Houston, SMU, Tulane, ECU... thank you for taking that crap elsewhere.

And you'll be leaving your uab crap here which will turn white like the a turd on a tile floor...Thank YOU for leaving your annual RPI hit in birmingham
02-10-2013 12:19 PM
AirRaid Offline
1st String

I Root For: H-TownTakeover
(02-10-2013 12:03 PM)Dracorex Wrote:  CUSA now is a better basketball conference than the 2.0 league. Houston, SMU, Tulane, ECU... thank you for taking that crap elsewhere. to SMU; good luck finding the money to pay for your new expensive basketball coaches while only getting a few hundred dollars more a year. To Tulane: same thing about your stadium... It sickens me that your schools were unwilling to improve themselves until they thought they were going to play elsewhere for more $$$.

UAB really? Lol
02-10-2013 12:26 PM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
Wow, another NBE vs NCUSA pissing match 04-jawdrop
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2013 12:28 PM by ShoreBuc.)
02-10-2013 12:28 PM
AirRaid Offline
1st String

I Root For: H-TownTakeover
CUSA 3.0 is worse in basketball and football....Marshall fans are in denial
02-10-2013 12:28 PM
Advertisement

Wardawg Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: MTSU
I love it!!! What's the old saying the grass is always greener on the other side. I would say the Big Least presidents, shot themselves in the foot by being pompous, arrogant, and greedy. The kicker is that the main Jack @$$ who turned down the original agreement bailed on the league. The schools leaving CUSA really should rethink their LT plans, sure can they succeed in a water downed Big Least? Yes. The schools leaving should not use the argument they are leaving to be with like minded institutions, that my friend is a disingenuous statement. Good luck to you all and I wish you the best.
02-10-2013 12:34 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
The irony of all these posts is thats STILL more than CUSA
02-10-2013 12:37 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
A lot left to be interpreted from this source. Even if that's the bottom line, it's still twice what CUSA currently makes, which will undoubtedly go down whenever it's time to renegotiate.

With that said, I would of given up TV revenue to not be associated with such second-rate ("regional") universities like Marshall.
02-10-2013 12:43 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(02-10-2013 12:43 PM)Kronke Wrote:  With that said, I would of given up TV revenue to not be associated with such second-rate ("regional") universities like Marshall.

Yes. East Carolina's development of the barbecue sauce injector, and groundbreaking work in the question of mustard- vs. vinegar-based sauces, add a luster to the research reputations of all who share a conference with them.
02-10-2013 12:53 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
If the Big East's deal is worth in the same ball park as what the old C-USA deal is worth then that's a nightmare long term for what C-USA is going to be worth when it's deal expires. If the Big East is worth C-USA money then it stands to reason that C-USA is now worth Sun-Belt money, and the Sun-Belt is worth FCS money. Not a good thing for anyone long term, but it would allow for enough I told you so's on this board to make people ignore that reality.
02-10-2013 12:55 PM
Advertisement

ManiacMark Offline
1st String

I Root For: ARRRRRRRRRR
(02-10-2013 12:53 PM)58-56 Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 12:43 PM)Kronke Wrote:  With that said, I would of given up TV revenue to not be associated with such second-rate ("regional") universities like Marshall.

Yes. East Carolina's development of the barbecue sauce injector, and groundbreaking work in the question of mustard- vs. vinegar-based sauces, add a luster to the research reputations of all who share a conference with them.

Thats cute. You alabama-birmingham fans are clueless.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2013 01:03 PM by ManiacMark.)
02-10-2013 01:01 PM
rook360 Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
how about we all just go to our corners and wait and see what happens before either side starts spouting "I told you so" and "I'd rather be here than there".
02-10-2013 01:02 PM
klg316 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

This is just silly talk. A league with Memphis and Temple alone is better in basketball than anything new CUSA can put together.
02-10-2013 01:03 PM
MasMack Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
(02-10-2013 12:55 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  If the Big East's deal is worth in the same ball park as what the old C-USA deal is worth then that's a nightmare long term for what C-USA is going to be worth when it's deal expires. If the Big East is worth C-USA money then it stands to reason that C-USA is now worth Sun-Belt money, and the Sun-Belt is worth FCS money. Not a good thing for anyone long term, but it would allow for enough I told you so's on this board to make people ignore that reality.

Yep. Only difference is some schools are having to pay exit and entry fees and some are not. And those schools were willin to pay those fees bc they thought the money would be a lot better.
02-10-2013 01:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.