Open TigerLinks

Great use of timeouts by Pastner
Bookmark and Share
JMSTiger Offline
Just More Stats

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
Great use of timeouts by Pastner
Calling these 30 second timeouts right before the media timeouts is smart. Helps to refocus the guys and give them an extended rest.
02-09-2013 05:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TIGER7880 Offline
Wahoowa Mourning Society

I Root For: Free Beer
RE: Great use of timeouts by Pastner
(02-09-2013 05:47 PM)JMSTiger Wrote:  Calling these 30 second timeouts right before the media timeouts is smart. Helps to refocus the guys and give them an extended rest.

Yep
02-09-2013 05:48 PM
SigEpMike Offline
Devil's Advocate

CrappiesMemphis Hall of FameMemphis Hall of Fame
I'm confused...we had other people on here saying that Pastner doesn't know what he is doing and doesn't pay attention to the game because he called a timeout right before a media timeout?
02-09-2013 06:00 PM
KidMemphis Offline
Banned

I Root For: C-D-Rizzle
(02-09-2013 05:47 PM)JMSTiger Wrote:  Calling these 30 second timeouts right before the media timeouts is smart. Helps to refocus the guys and give them an extended rest.

Yep!
02-09-2013 06:01 PM
JMSTiger Offline
Just More Stats

(02-09-2013 06:00 PM)SigEpMike Wrote:  I'm confused...we had other people on here saying that Pastner doesn't know what he is doing and doesn't pay attention to the game because he called a timeout right before a media timeout?

I think it is a wise use of timeouts. I could be wrong. Seemed to work well in this game, that's for sure.
02-09-2013 06:02 PM
NJ1 Offline
King of Kong

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Whatever he did, he was vindicated. Impressive performance and convincing win on the road against a very good team.
02-09-2013 06:07 PM
Advertisement

TigerFan386 Offline
1st String

Fantastic all around game by Pastner. Absolutely had his team ready for everything Southern Miss was gonna throw at them. Easily beat the press, and ate that zone up.
02-09-2013 06:14 PM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
It also helped to take the crowd out of their frenzy. I agree, great use of timeouts
02-09-2013 06:34 PM
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
I understand you trying to bait me as a miserable because of my recent post. I see the positive & negative, therefore I think logically. I'll bring your attention to a post I made back in December saying the Tigers would run the table and most on here disagreed....: http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=606093
02-09-2013 07:11 PM
Toll Booth Willie Offline
1st String

Meh
02-09-2013 07:17 PM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
(02-09-2013 07:11 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  I understand you trying to bait me as a miserable because of my recent post. I see the positive & negative, therefore I think logically. I'll bring your attention to a post I made back in December saying the Tigers would run the table and most on here disagreed....: http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=606093

I thought JMS's post was very respectful. He made a point that was different than yours a few days ago. However, he didn't call you out, didn't try to single your previous comments out, or get into name calling. He simply stated his opinion, which was different from yours.

Regarding the post in December......you're looking good so far. We've still got games to play, but you're looking more right than wrong. I hope you're 100% correct.
02-09-2013 07:28 PM
Advertisement

SigEpMike Offline
Devil's Advocate

CrappiesMemphis Hall of FameMemphis Hall of Fame
(02-09-2013 07:28 PM)oldtiger Wrote:  
(02-09-2013 07:11 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  I understand you trying to bait me as a miserable because of my recent post. I see the positive & negative, therefore I think logically. I'll bring your attention to a post I made back in December saying the Tigers would run the table and most on here disagreed....: http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=606093

I thought JMS's post was very respectful. He made a point that was different than yours a few days ago. However, he didn't call you out, didn't try to single your previous comments out, or get into name calling. He simply stated his opinion, which was different from yours.

Regarding the post in December......you're looking good so far. We've still got games to play, but you're looking more right than wrong. I hope you're 100% correct.

He's referring to my ******* post.
02-09-2013 07:29 PM
JMSTiger Offline
Just More Stats

I'm not trying to bait anyone. I didn't know about a prior discussion about his usage of timeouts in the USM game until sigepmike posted in this thread about it.

People sure are sensitive tonight. I guess some think I am wanting to lash out at those that have criticized Pastner. That is not my intent. I just noticed a few times during the game that he was calling 30 second timeouts right before certain media timeouts and I thought that was a good strategy.
02-09-2013 07:32 PM
TWhit316 Offline
Water Engineer

I had criticized Pastner early in year, but i feel he and the whole staff did a great job today. Very solid W! This team is starting to click on all cylinders and I feel we are poised for a deep run in the tourney. The team chemistry is excellent and everyone is buying into their roles. GTG!!
02-09-2013 07:38 PM
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
(02-09-2013 07:32 PM)JMSTiger Wrote:  

I'm not trying to bait anyone. I didn't know about a prior discussion about his usage of timeouts in the USM game until sigepmike posted in this thread about it.

People sure are sensitive tonight. I guess some think I am wanting to lash out at those that have criticized Pastner. That is not my intent. I just noticed a few times during the game that he was calling 30 second timeouts right before certain media timeouts and I thought that was a good strategy.

I'm sorry JMS. All respect for you. But you knew what you were doing.
02-09-2013 09:38 PM
NJ1 Offline
King of Kong

(02-09-2013 09:38 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  I'm sorry JMS. All respect for you. But you knew what you were doing.

I think you're off-base here, and maybe even a little out of line. JMS has been on this board forever, and while I haven't read every single post, I don't think I've ever seen him "bait" anyone. He's a respectful, informative poster, and his "signal to noise" ratio in his posts might be the highest of everyone here.

It's impossible to speculate on someone's motives with any accuracy, so it's best to leave that alone. Do you agree or disagree with what he's saying? That, to me, should be the extent of the discussion.

Let's enjoy this win and not try to prove one another wrong. JMS didn't make this about you. YOU made it about you.
02-09-2013 11:00 PM
Advertisement

salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
I thought Pastner could have used a quick t.o. when Joe was trapped at the timeline/baseline (which led to a turnover). Pastner also called a t.o. in the first half right before a media timeout but Memphis didn't score and then gave up a quick three.

It did work in the 2nd half.

All in all a well played game. Dudes shot lights out from outside.
02-09-2013 11:06 PM
TigerSeth Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
(02-09-2013 09:38 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  
(02-09-2013 07:32 PM)JMSTiger Wrote:  

I'm sorry JMS. All respect for you. But you knew what you were doing.

01-wingedeagle
02-09-2013 11:19 PM
jgardne Offline
Heisman

i thought we should've used a timeout when joe was trapped, but that's more on joe.

There was one point USM had made a 7-0 run or something like that and the crowd was going bonkers. We made a bucket and josh then took a timeout. It worked out because we scored, but they were so hot right then that it could've majorly backfired, waiting to take the timeout
02-09-2013 11:34 PM
Chi-TownTiger Offline
Got Stripes?

Donators
IMO Pastner has been weird with his use of timeouts. I'm no expert, but it seems like he never calls one when I think he should and he always seems to call one when I think he shouldn't. The latter being he seems to call them when I think he kills our momentum. Today I think he did ok. Ok, is a big step up I guess.
02-09-2013 11:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.