Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

womens bball polls
Bookmark and Share
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
womens bball polls
Our Lady Rockets went from 0 to 11 votes in the most recent ap top 25 poll02-13-banana
02-04-2013 03:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

sylvaniarocketsfan01 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
RE: womens bball polls
wish i was able to go to Miami this week, this is a huge game and scares me
02-04-2013 04:27 PM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

Unfortunately I cannot go as well. Hopefully RocketA can go and be loud for all of us
02-04-2013 04:50 PM
sylvaniarocketsfan01 Offline
2nd String

this is the last game we're gonna miss, we're planning on going to BSU, WMU, and CMU.
02-04-2013 05:02 PM
Rocket A Offline
Heisman

(02-04-2013 04:50 PM)T4C8 Wrote:  Unfortunately I cannot go as well. Hopefully RocketA can go and be loud for all of us

I am planning on being there, unless something comes up.

Loud??? Who me???03-shhhh
02-04-2013 07:37 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

(02-04-2013 03:34 PM)T4C8 Wrote:  Our Lady Rockets went from 0 to 11 votes in the most recent ap top 25 poll02-13-banana

...and I humbly eat crow. Honestly & pleasantly surprised that we got that many votes after struggling (imo) to beat NIU, Ohio & Western.
02-05-2013 08:45 AM
Advertisement

T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
(02-05-2013 08:45 AM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 03:34 PM)T4C8 Wrote:  Our Lady Rockets went from 0 to 11 votes in the most recent ap top 25 poll02-13-banana

...and I humbly eat crow. Honestly & pleasantly surprised that we got that many votes after struggling (imo) to beat NIU, Ohio & Western.

Struggling against lesser opponents may cause concern among some of us about future games, but so long as it is a win, the pollsters are usually satisfied. What has held UT back so far in the pollsters' eyes is probably the lack of a "quality win" ---meaning a win against a ranked team---of course Dayton is the only ranked team they have played and that was a "quality loss" which enabled UT to move into both the AP and USA/ESPN polls as "also receiving votes" before the loss to CMU (which was not a "quality loss"). We are now heading down the home stretch of the season and only 2 losses is beginning to look pretty good compared to the number of losses of a lot of ranked teams. So, we are now back on the national radar screen again and so long as we keep winning we will continue to move up just by attrition those above lose.

Of course the "BIG" conferences have a incestuous advantage in the rankings over conferences such as the MAC because they may have 4-6 nationally ranked teams in their conference so with playing half their conference games at home they have the opportunity to pick up a number of "quality wins" and if they do lose against a ranked team it is a "quality loss" that doesn't hurt as much in the pollster's eyes. That is why there several big conference 5 loss teams currently ranked---if fact the USA/ESPN poll even has 7 loss Iowa ranked (which IMO borders on the ridiculous). It is the same philosophy that enables the NCAA tournament selection committee to pick (for example) an 18-14 BIG Conference team over a 24-8 team from a lesser conference for an "at-large" bid.
02-05-2013 11:27 AM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

I'm looking for the Rockets to resume their defensive intensity they showed against the Falcons. I haven't seen that level and consistency of defense since. While they have played good defensive, IMO, it is several notches below what they displayed at BG.
02-05-2013 12:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

Still no votes in the Coaches Poll. hmmm
02-05-2013 08:51 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Well Miami and Ball State are fighting for a top 4 seed, so those will be great wins on the road if we can have em. MU with 12 wins will boost the RPI as well.
A toledo team at 21-2 will be very close to the top 25 in the AP.
02-05-2013 09:01 PM
Rocket A Offline
Heisman

(02-04-2013 07:37 PM)Rocket A Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 04:50 PM)T4C8 Wrote:  Unfortunately I cannot go as well. Hopefully RocketA can go and be loud for all of us

I am planning on being there, unless something comes up.

Loud??? Who me???03-shhhh

and tickets are only $1!!!02-13-banana
02-05-2013 09:06 PM
Advertisement

T4C8 Offline
T4C8

im jealous! i think one of the times i went it was like 2 bucks and you got a free dog and soda. that the time i met ya there?
02-05-2013 09:17 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
9 votes this week, 29th most. Last week we had 11 votes, which was 31st most. This week, the 25th team has 49 votes; last week the 25th place team had 71 votes.

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/rankings
02-11-2013 12:27 PM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

So we lost votes but gained ground. Guess I can live with that
02-11-2013 12:28 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

(02-11-2013 12:28 PM)T4C8 Wrote:  So we lost votes but gained ground. Guess I can live with that

Yea, it makes no sense. 01-wingedeagle
02-11-2013 12:29 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

Man, I hope the Lady Rockets get ranked soon. I would imagine if UT could advertise having a RANKED women's team, the remaining home games we have could draw HUGE crowds. 4 home games left that go up until March 6 so here's hoping.
02-11-2013 02:46 PM
Advertisement

MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

(02-11-2013 02:46 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  Man, I hope the Lady Rockets get ranked soon. I would imagine if UT could advertise having a RANKED women's team, the remaining home games we have could draw HUGE crowds. 4 home games left that go up until March 6 so here's hoping.

Saturday's Rockets for the Cure game will be a huge crowd like always. The next home game is a school kids game on Wednesday 2/20 at 11am, so that will be crowded (last year's game had 4,900 on 12/1/11). Then on the road @ CMU and @ WMU, the close out with EMU and Ball St. at home. IF we keep winning, we should definitely be ranked for the last 2 home games.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2013 02:56 PM by MidnightBlueGold.)
02-11-2013 02:54 PM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I hate womens polls. hosed again. maybe we'll get 1 vote in the coaches poll tomorrow lol
02-18-2013 12:23 PM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

Purdue gets blown out by an unranked team and only drops 4 spots
Iowa State loses to an unranked team and drops 2 spots
Oklahoma loses 2 games this week, one to an unranked, and only drops 6 spots
Granted they were both top teams, but UCLA lost twice and only fell 2 spots

I know these dont matter thattttt much, but to me they do and im sure they do to a lot of others!
02-18-2013 12:52 PM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
(02-18-2013 12:52 PM)T4C8 Wrote:  Purdue gets blown out by an unranked team and only drops 4 spots
Iowa State loses to an unranked team and drops 2 spots
Oklahoma loses 2 games this week, one to an unranked, and only drops 6 spots
Granted they were both top teams, but UCLA lost twice and only fell 2 spots

I know these dont matter thattttt much, but to me they do and im sure they do to a lot of others!

Unfortunately this same pollster mentality also pervades the thinking of most of these NCAA selection committees and there it does matter a great deal. I am not saying absolutely that the committee would not select a 3 loss UT team as an at-large team over some 18-10 team from a "favored conference" but I am saying I sure would not want to depend on it happening, either. That is why I keep harping on the importance of winning the MAC Tourney---there is no guaranteed at-large bid safety net for the MAC conferences of the world---but if you win your conference tournament then they can not kick you out of "their" tournament in favor of some mediocre team from a favored conference. The Lady Rockets should only have to play a 2 game MAC tournament so hopefully they pull it off----besides not having to depend on an at-large bid, winning the tourney of course also brings the added value of having another MAC championship under the belt.

The good news about the selection committees biases for the "favored conferences" is that it does not matter too much exactly where you are seeded in the 9 to 12 range because as an underrated team from a "unfavored conference" you have an excellent chance of knocking off an overrated team from a "favored conference"-----if you can stay above about a 13th seed, the seeding is not usually as important as how your strengths and weaknesses matches up against your specific opponent.

In fact a 12 seed is preferably to a 9 seed IMHO because if you pull over the upset you will likely be facing a #4 seed in the second round rather that a #1 seed. In WBB nationally there is usually a pretty substantial drop off between the very top teams compared to the rest of the field so the longer you can avoid playing a #3 seed or higher (one the top 9-12 teams in the country) the better your chances of advancing to the next round----that why I like the #12 seed----keep winning and you won't face a top ten type team before the third ("sweet sixteen") round.
02-18-2013 03:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.