Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Countdown to Belmont Softball
Belmont Bruin Fan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: .
Question Countdown to Belmont Softball
I talked with Coach Kuhlmeyer at the TTU double-header tonight. He made it a point to tell me that the season starts in 6 days (like he really needs to tell ME that...I can't wait for the new season to start). If you all haven't been to a Belmont softball game since we opened the Rose Park field, you're really missing out. It TOTALLY blows away the playing situation they had all those years at Aquinas, even though I appreciated the close proximity to my house. Same with the season we played at Tennessee State. It was close to my house, but what a lousy playing situation for our team. Rose Park stadium has arguably the best view of the downtown Nashville area just beyond center field and ample seating for most games (get there EARLY for Austin Peay and Murray State). If following our team to Lipscomb, MTSU, Tennessee Tech, WKU, or Tennessee State, I advise getting to those games early as well...especially since they will be well travelled by many other Belmont fans.

2013 Belmont Softball Schedule

February
Fri 8 JACKSON STATE Belmont Spring Kickoff Rose Park 4:00 PM Live stats Video
Fri 8 CENTRAL ARKANSAS Belmont Spring Kickoff Rose Park 6:15 PM Live stats Video
Sat 9 VALPARAISO Belmont Spring Kickoff Rose Park 3:45 PM Live stats Video
Sat 9 WESTERN ILLINOIS Belmont Spring Kickoff 6:00 PM Live stats Video
Fri 15 vs. UNC GREENSBORO ASU Hornet Invitational 11:00 AM
Fri 15 at Alabama State ASU Hornet Invitational Montgomery, Ala. 1:30 PM
Sat 16 vs. UNC Greensboro ASU Hornet Tournament 3:30 PM
Sat 16 at Alabama State ASU Hornet Invitational Montgomery, Ala. 6:00 PM
Sat 23 vs. Mississippi St. Blues City Classic 11:00 AM
Sat 23 vs. UMKC Blues City Classic 6:30 PM
Sun 24 vs. Nicholls State Blues City Classic 11:00 AM
Sun 24 vs. Samford Blues City Classic 2:30 PM
Thu 28 UTEP Rose Park 4:00 PM
Thu 28 UTEP Rose Park 6:00 PM

March
Sat 9 vs. Wisconsin Saluki Invitational 10:00 AM
Sat 9 vs. UIC Saluki Invitational 4:00 PM
Sun 10 vs. Eastern Kentucky Saluki Invitational 3:00 PM
Sun 10 at Southern Ill. Saluki Invitational Carbondale, Ill. 5:00 PM
Tue 12 OLE MISS Rose Park 3:30 PM
Sat 16 EASTERN KENTUCKY Rose Park 12:00 PM
Sat 16 EASTERN KENTUCKY Rose Park 2:00 PM
Sun 17 EASTERN KENTUCKY Rose Park 12:00 PM
Wed 20 at Alabama A&M Huntsville, Ala. 2:00 PM
Wed 20 at Alabama A&M 4:00 PM
Sat 23 SEMO Rose Park 12:00 PM
Sat 23 SEMO Rose Park 2:00 PM
Sun 24 UT MARTIN Rose Park 12:00 PM
Sun 24 UT MARTIN Rose Park 2:00 PM
Fri 29 JACKSONVILLE STATE * Rose Park 12:00 PM
Fri 29 JACKSONVILLE STATE * Rose Park 2:00 PM
Sat 30 JACKSONVILLE STATE * Rose Park 12:00 PM

April
Tue 2 MEMPHIS Rose Park 4:00 PM
Tue 2 MEMPHIS Rose Park 6:00 PM
Sat 6 at Eastern Illinois * Charleston, Ill. 12:00 PM
Sat 6 at Eastern Illinois * Charleston, Ill. 2:00 PM
Sun 7 at SIU Edwardsville * 1:00 PM
Sun 7 at SIU Edwardsville * 3:00 PM
Wed 10 at Lipscomb Nashville, Tenn. 5:00 PM
Wed 10 at Lipscomb Nashville, Tenn. 7:00 PM
Sat 13 at Tennessee Tech * Cookeville, Tenn. 1:00 PM
Sat 13 at Tennessee Tech * Cookeville, Tenn. 3:00 PM
Sun 14 at Tennessee Tech * Cookeville, Tenn. 1:00 PM
Tue 16 at Western Kentucky Bowling Green, Ky. 5:00 PM
Sat 20 AUSTIN PEAY * Rose Park 12:00 PM
Sat 20 AUSTIN PEAY * Rose Park 2:00 PM
Sun 21 MURRAY STATE * Rose Park 12:00 PM
Sun 21 MURRAY STATE * Rose Park 2:00 PM
Sat 27 at Morehead State * Morehead, Ky. 12:00 PM
Sun 28 at Morehead State * Morehead, Ky. 12:00 PM

May
Thu 2 at Middle Tennessee StateMurfreesboro, Tenn. 1:00 PM
Thu 2 at Middle Tennessee StateMurfreesboro, Tenn. 3:00 PM
Sat 4 at Tennessee State * Nashville, Tenn. 5:00 PM
Sun 5 at Tennessee State * Nashville, Tenn. 1:00 PM
Sun 5 at Tennessee State * Nashville, Tenn. 3:00 PM
Home games in bold
* Conference Game
# Does not affect overall record
All times Central
02-03-2013 01:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Water Engineer

RE: Countdown to Belmont Softball
People have been asking me if I'm going to men's basketball and the pre-game reception up at Austin Peay on Saturday. It kills me that our athletic scheduling overlaps to where I have to make an attendance decision. I'm assuming nearly our entire fan core will follow men's basketball on such a short distance road trip. With that, I have decided to remain in Nashville for our game against Western Illinois at 6:00 on Saturday.

By the way, this same scheduling thing happens again this Friday at 4:00 with softball vs. Jackson State and women's tennis vs. Western Kentucky (both are home openers). Then, it happens yet again next Friday at 4:00 with women's tennis vs. Cumberland and baseball vs. Valparaiso (home opener). I think, for this weekend, I will commit to solely attending the softball tournament. Next weekend, I'll watch about an hour or so of tennis then swing by for the last innings of baseball. Probably, it's more important to attend tennis than baseball because tennis draws tens of people compared to 300 (+/-) for baseball. Softball also draws more than women's tennis, though not by much. I must say, though, when baseball and softball play at home at the same time, it's pretty easy just to sit up on that hill above both outfields and watch both games at once.

If Belmont wants its fans to attend more games, they need to do a better job to eliminate the schedule conflicts between sports and between home and nearby away games. Otherwise, even if a fan's schedule permits, it's just not physically possible to attend everything at once. It's just frustrating. :muttering:
02-07-2013 02:54 AM
Water Engineer

Is anyone else planning to attend any of our games at the Belmont Spring Kickoff softball tournament this weekend? All games are at Rose Park and the admission is free. Also, I'm sure that lady will be back working her concession stand...good dogs, good grilled cheese, great prices (much cheaper than the Curb).

Friday the 8th:
Bruins vs. Jackson State, 4:00 PM
Bruins vs. Central Arkansas, 6:15 PM

Saturday the 9th:
Bruins vs. Valparaiso, 3:45 PM
Bruins vs. Western Illinois, 6:00 PM
02-07-2013 03:10 AM
Advertisement

hoosbruin Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Belmont
Man, Belmont Softball. Sounds like Im missing out.
02-07-2013 12:10 PM
Water Engineer

Exciting games tonight! We won game #1, giving us the first win streak of the new season and an undefeated record. That was short lived when we ran into Central Arkansas. At first, the game looked like it was going to be a blow out. But, the Bruin defence kicked-in, and the rotation got the bats working. However, it was not to be. After the game, I made a comment to some of the other fans in front of me that "the bad news is we lost . . . the good news is it happened quickly." It was around 36 degrees and WINDY during game #2.

All in all, game #1 had a pretty good turn out. I'm sure Coach Kuhlmeyer would be thrilled having that many people at every game this season. Notables in the crowd, besides me (of course!), included members of Belmont track & field, baseball, volleyball, and men's basketball. Of course, the athletes wisely left as the temperature dropped, leaving us idiot die-hards to cheer on the Bruins and freeze nearly to death.

I encourage everyone to come out tomorrow, at least for the early game. I'm sure the bulk of the Bruin fans are heading to Austin Peay, though. But, I look at it this way: anyone can sit in 75 degree chairback comfort and call themselves a sports fan . . . do it in 36 degrees, and you're taking it to a whole other level of shivering team devotion!

There are lots of nearby sports choices for Bruin fans tomorrow (Saturday). It'd be great if we have fans at all of them. I, again, will be at softball.

Men's Basketball: @Austin Peay, 7:30
Softball: vs. Valparaiso, 3:45
Softball: vs. Western Illinois, 6:00
Men's & Women's Track & Field: @ MTSU, all day

If one wanted to be really aggressive (and spend a whole bunch of money on gas), it's possible to catch 1/2 a day of track & field in Murfreesboro, drive back to Nashville for the early softball game, then drive up to Clarksville for basketball. If any of you all do it, let me know how that goes for you. 01-wingedeagle
02-09-2013 12:52 AM
Water Engineer

I didn't get to finish my posting earlier. I had to run out to the Vanderbilt/Kentucky women's basketball game . . .

Back to Belmont softball: we won yesterday against Valparaiso, but lost to Western Illinois. So, we have gotten off to a 2-2 start. That isn't a bad start at all, when considering the history of Belmont softball. The weather was cold again, though not as cold...and not as windy either. Still, softball appears to be drawing well. I sat amongst a group of about 10 fellow alums. Also, for some unknown reason, the MTSU baseball coaches were there.

Next home game is February 28. Mark it down and be there!
02-10-2013 07:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.