Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
Bearcats' Sean Kilpatrick told 'to never stop shooting'
Bearcats' Sean Kilpatrick told 'to never stop shooting'
Long-distance sniper promises to fire away for UC

Jan 29, 2013

[Image: bilde?Site=AB&Date=20130129&...-shooting-]
With 1,235 career points, Sean Kilpatrick just passed Eric Hicks for 26th on UC’s career scoring list. / Rich Barnes-USA TODAY Sports

Written by
Bill Koch

Back in the mid-1990s, when two-time All-American Danny Fortson was playing in the low post for the University of Cincinnati Bearcats, Fortson was asked why he didn’t kick the ball outside more often when he was double-teamed, which was frequently.

Fortson, the fourth-leading scorer in UC history, had a quick retort.

“They didn’t bring me here to lead the team in assists,” he said.

So it is with UC junior guard Sean Kilpatrick, who was asked the other day about the volume of 3-point shots he takes.

“Coach (Mick Cronin) told me to never stop shooting,” Kilpatrick said. “That’s something that I’ve been carrying on since I was a freshman. If I’m going to continue to keep shooting like that and if I’m going to continue to keep making it and it’s putting us in a better situation, then I’m just going to keep doing it.

“If I was to decide to just stop shooting, Coach would be mad. Great players just don’t stop shooting. Kevin Durant can miss five or six in a row and he’s not going to stop shooting, so why would I stop?”

Kilpatrick has attempted 150 3-point shots this season, more than any other player in the Big East. Providence’s Bryce Cotton is second with 146, followed by St. John’s DeAngelo Harrison (137), Villanova’s Ryan Arcidiacono (131) and UC’s Cashmere Wright (112).

As a team, the Bearcats have attempted 435 3-point shots, more than any other team in the league. Seton Hall is second with 433.

Kilpatrick has made 52 shots from beyond the arc for 34.7 percent. He is not among the Big East leaders in 3-point shooting percentage, but ranks second in 3-point field goals made.

In his last three games, Kilpatrick has averaged 25 points and has made 14 of 33 (42.4 percent) from long range. His 18.4-point scoring average is tied for third in the league. If he maintains that for the rest of the season, he will have UC’s highest season average since Steve Logan averaged 22.0 points during his 2002 All-American season.

With 1,235 career points, Kilpatrick just passed Eric Hicks for 26th on UC’s career scoring list and needs 17 to pass Steve Collier for 25th.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20130...-shooting-

01-30-2013 09:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
RE: Bearcats' Sean Kilpatrick told 'to never stop shooting'
No one in Big East shoots more 3′s than Kilpatrick
01/29/13 at 1:40pm by Bill Koch

Back in the mid-1990s when two-time All-American Danny Fortson was playing in the low post for the University of Cincinnati Bearcats, Fortson was asked why he didn’t kick the ball outside more often when he was double-teamed, which he was frequently.

Fortson, the fourth-leading scorer in UC history, had a quick retort.

“They didn’t bring me here to lead the team in assists,” he said.

[Image: 81299011.jpg]
Sean Kilpatrick

So it is with UC junior guard Sean Kilpatrick, who was asked the other day about the volume of 3-point shots he takes.

“Coach told me to never stop shooting,” Kilpatrick said. “That’s something that I’ve been carrying on since I was a freshman. If I’m going to continue to keep shooting like that and if I’m going to continue to keep making it and it’s putting us in a better situation, then I’m just going to keep doing it.

“If I was to decide to just stop shooting, Coach (Mick Cronin) would be mad. Great players just don’t stop shooting. Kevin Durant can miss five or six in a row and he’s not going to stop shooting, so why would I stop?”

Kilpatrick has attempted 150 3-point shots this season, more than any other player in the Big East. Providence’s Bryce Cotton is second with 146, followed by St. John’s DeAngelo Harrison (137), Villanova’s Ryan Arcidiacono (131) and UC’s Cashmere Wright (112).

As a team, the Bearcats have attempted 435 3-point shots, more than any other team in the league. Seton Hall is second with 433.

Kilpatrick has made 52 of his 3-point shots for 34.7 percent. He is not among the Big East leaders in 3-point shooting percentage, but ranks second in 3-point field goals made.

In his last three games, he has averaged 25 points and has made 14 of 33 from long range for 42.4 percent. His 18.4-point scoring average is tied for third in the league. If he maintains that average for the rest of the season, he will have the highest season average at UC since Steve Logan averaged 22.0 during his All-American season in 2002.

With 1,235 career points, Kilpatrick just passed Eric Hicks for 26th on UC’s career scoring list and needs 17 points to pass Steve Collier for 25th.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/uc/2013/01/2...ilpatrick/

01-30-2013 09:46 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
I wish there was a sister article to this one entitled:

"Bearcats' Titus Rubles told 'to PLEASE stop shooting'

lol

01-31-2013 09:10 AM
Advertisement

Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
Heck, in the first half I was telling SK to stop shooting. Nice that he came around in the second half.

01-31-2013 10:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(01-31-2013 09:10 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  I wish there was a sister article to this one entitled:

"Bearcats' Titus Rubles told 'to PLEASE stop shooting'

lol

He looked scared to death to shoot the ball last night. He was 1-1 from the field. Not once did Rutgers fall for his pump fake.

01-31-2013 10:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.