Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

The FUTURE IS NOW!
Bookmark and Share
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
MyBB The FUTURE IS NOW!
Everyone loves the success WE had under Cal, left's face it, it was glorious.

Well, those days are gone, Cal has moved on, WE have to move on. Not from Cal persay, I don't want to start that fire. But move on and face the fact that our program had to rebuild.....Quickly.

Gloriously, a unproven coach has come in and done just that, while we were scorned, burned, furiosly frustrated & confused. This young savior accepted US and our program just as we were...left to die and rot by you know who.

We should appreciate Pastner alone for where he brought us from...resustating a program that was virtually on life support....sure we were 2 wins from being the best basketball program in THE HISTORY of the NCAA, but Cal felt that that was HIS accomplishment, NOT the U of Memphis', and he took that with him , so he thought.

Not only should WE lovingly appreciate Pastner for breathing life back into our program...And NO other coach would dare attempt to follow Cals accomplishments here....It IS just TOO BIG of a risk...Bcaus Cal did have a formula 05-stirthepot

We should also relish this regime, because WE are graduating our guys @ at ALL time high....also some with honors. We are in the top 1% of the winningest programs over the PASTner 4 years. WE ARE in the top 1% of the recruiting game for this next class.
The most impotant factor in ALL of this is that there haven't been ANY of those embarassing as ALL getout "Memphis Thugs" reports that we ALL dread...and WE KNOW that this city has its share of those....WHEW!

Again Pastner disbelievers? Who/Whom do you propose was going to come in and do ALL of this...Pearl?

Let me be nice here! I am also scorned, and love what Cal was able to accomplish...But amazingly< I am even MORE In love with what Pastner is doing...Mainly because, and this is debatable to the masses, I feel & think that he is doing a better job than what Cal did, but that's just my OPINION, and contrary to popular belief, mainly this board, everybody has 1....

But I know that what he is doing is being done with more integrity ! And that my fellow Memphitonians is NOT DEBATABLE!

The future is HERE. Geron; Joe; DJ; Tarik; CC; Antonio are making wonderful things happen out there...Damien ; Shaq ; Adonis are emerging...Over the next few weeks, their growth and development are crucial to the success that WE can have going forward.

The following year....That '13 recruiting class is sick...I can't wait to see these guys up close and in person in MSG... South Florida...Louisville...

I am very excited about the future of our program because Josh saved us...There weren't alot of places to turn...We should relish where we are right now because we were left for dead and could have easily gone through a couple of coaches and miserable seasons...and talking about those were the days...and what shoulda woulda coulda....but we're NOT ..we're cheering ...we're standing ....we're clapping and WE beat the Crap out of UL... with a coach thats on the cusp of gr8ness right here in MEMPHIS...WE ARE BACK TO RELEVANCE in a very short time after being left for DEAD.....

THANKS COACH PASTNER AND STAFF... WE LOVE YOU.....FUTURE NATIONAL CHAMPION MEMPHIS TIGERS
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2013 06:50 PM by thagr82008.)
01-24-2013 03:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TigerFan38134 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: The FUTURE IS NOW!
(01-24-2013 03:15 PM)thagr82008 Wrote:  Everyone loves the success WE had under Cal, left's face it, it was glorious.

Well, those days are gone, Cal has moved on, WE have to move on. Not from Cal persay, I don't want to start that fire. But move on and face the fact that our program had to rebuild.....Quickly.

Gloriously, a unproven coach has come in and done just that, while we were scorned, burned, furiosly frustrated & confused. This young savior accepted US and our program just as we were...left to die and rot by you know who.

We sould appreciate Pastner alone for where he brought us from...resustating a program that was virtually on life support....sure we were 2 wins from being the best basketball program in THE HISTORY of the NCAA, but Cal felt that that was HIS accomplishment, NOT the Memphis' and he took that , so he thought.

Not onmy should WE lovingly appreciate Pastner for breathing life back into our program...And NO other coah would dare attempt to follow Cals accomplishments here....It IS just TOO BIG of a risk...Bcaus Cal did have a formula 05-stirthepot

We should also relish this regime, because WE are graduating our guys @ at ALL time high....also some with honors. We are in the top 1% of the winningest programs over the PASTner 4 years. WE ARE in the top 1% of the recruiting game for this next class.
The most impotant factor in ALL of this is that there haven't been ANY of those imbarassing as ALL getout "Memphis Thugs" reports tat we ALL dread...and WE KNOW that this city has its share of those....WHEW!

Again Pastner disbelievers? Who/Whom do you propose was going to come in and do ALL of this...Pearl?

Let me be nice here! I am also scorned, and love what Cal was able to accomplish...But amazingly< I am even MORE In love with what Pastner is doing...Mainly because, and this is debatable to the masses, I feel & think that he is doing a better job than what Cal did, but thas just my OPINION, and contrary to popular belief, mainly this board, everybody as 1....

But I know that what he is doing is being done with more integrity ! And that my fellow Memphitonians is NOT DEBATABLE!

The future is HERE. Geron; Joe; DJ; Tarik; CC; Antonio are making wonderful things happen out there...Damien ; Shaq ; Adonis are emerging...Over the next few weeks, there growth and development are crucial to the success that WE can have going forward.

The following year....That '13 recruiting class is sick...I can't wait to see these guys up close and in person in MSG... South Florida...Louisville...

I am very excited about the future of our program because Josh saved us...There weren't alot of places to turn...We should relish where we are right now because we wer left for dead and could have easily gone through a couple of coaches miserable seasons...and talking about those were the days...and what shoulda woulda coulda....but were NOT ..were cheering ...were standing ....were clapping and WE beat the Crap out of UL... with a coach thats on the cusp of gr8ness right here in MEMPHIS...WE ARE BACK TO RELEVANCE in a very short tie after being left for DEAD.....

THANKS COACH PASTNER AND STAFF... WE LOVE YOU.....FUTURE NATIONAL CHAMPION MEMPHIS TIGERS

Minus grammatical issues, very well stated!! 04-cheers

Go Tigers Go!!
01-24-2013 03:37 PM
4Blue Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: hometown
I agree!!!!
01-24-2013 04:29 PM
gotigers1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers!
I thought it was supposed to be tHe WoRld iS OurS??
01-24-2013 04:31 PM
Advertisement

cwise Offline
That's what she said....

I Root For: Memphis
The past is the past. The present is now. The future is the future. Geez....
01-24-2013 04:33 PM
TigerTimmy Offline
Outsider

I Root For: Tigers & Titans
The Best Post of the New Year!
01-24-2013 04:35 PM
TigerFan386 Offline
1st String

Did tigerscane change his name?
01-24-2013 04:38 PM
Advertisement

MemphisTigerFreak Offline
Fear God, Not Man

(01-24-2013 04:38 PM)TigerFan386 Wrote:  Did tigerscane change his name?

And learn what paragraphs are...
01-24-2013 04:40 PM
tiger-viper Offline
All American

(01-24-2013 03:15 PM)thagr82008 Wrote:  And that my fellow Memphitonians is NOT DEBATABLE!

[Image: The%20Ultimate%20Warrior.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2013 05:11 PM by tiger-viper.)
01-24-2013 05:09 PM
Tanyaskees Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-24-2013 04:31 PM)gotigers1 Wrote:  I thought it was supposed to be tHe WoRld iS OurS??

Great minds 03-lmfao
01-24-2013 05:19 PM
Advertisement

TigerSeth Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
LOL.....you made some good points brosef.
01-24-2013 05:40 PM
tiger_eyes Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MemphisTigers
Great post! I'd much rather focus on the Tigers' bright future instead of dwelling on their past. Having Paster as a coach after Cal is like taking a nice clean shower after playing around in the mud. Playing in the mud feels great while you're doing it but once you get clean again, you realize just how dirty you were.
01-25-2013 03:22 PM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

(01-25-2013 03:22 PM)tiger_eyes Wrote:  Great post! I'd much rather focus on the Tigers' bright future instead of dwelling on their past. Having Paster as a coach after Cal is like taking a nice clean shower after playing around in the mud. Playing in the mud feels great while you're doing it but once you get clean again, you realize just how dirty you were.

Gr8 summary...Once WE begin to get recognized as a MAJOR force in the league...It's gonna feel so good knowing we're doing it with class; dignity & pride....Can WE say Baptism 03-shhhh
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2013 04:34 PM by thagr82008.)
01-25-2013 04:33 PM
Advertisement

TigerBill Offline
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators
(01-24-2013 05:19 PM)Tanyaskees Wrote:  
(01-24-2013 04:31 PM)gotigers1 Wrote:  I thought it was supposed to be tHe WoRld iS OurS??

Great minds 03-lmfao

Wonder how you choose which one to post under?
01-25-2013 04:40 PM
Tigerbert Offline
Accept no substitutes

I Root For: Tiger Nation
SAY YOUR PRAYERS, EAT YOUR VITAMINS! BE TRUE TO YOURSELF, TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL, BE A REAL TIGER FAN!
01-25-2013 05:30 PM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

(01-25-2013 05:30 PM)Tigerbert Wrote:  SAY YOUR PRAYERS, EAT YOUR VITAMINS! BE TRUE TO YOURSELF, TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL, BE A REAL TIGER FAN!

CLASSIC 01-ncaabbs
01-25-2013 05:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.