Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nice win by Charlotte over Xavier last night
Bookmark and Share
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
Nice win by Charlotte over Xavier last night
As a C-USA school next year, Charlotte looked good getting the win and had a good crowd. Will be fun to see the Miners play there when its the Miners vs the Niners!
01-24-2013 03:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: Nice win by Charlotte over Xavier last night
I look forward to the matchups with UTEP. I'm relieved to see that you guys will likely be remaining in CUSA, at least in the short term.

I think next year UTEP, USM, and Charlotte will probably be the three favorites to win the league. All three schools have a lot of young talent.

We lose one of our best players in Chris Braswell, but retain everyone else and add Shawn Lester (who was a top 150 recruit until he committed to us and was no longer useful for selling subscriptions to Rivals).

The attendance last night was great and I expect it to remain high as long as we keep winning. The VCU game will likely be a sellout and the Temple game should have a very good crowd as well.
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2013 03:38 PM by Niner National.)
01-24-2013 03:37 PM
wh49er Offline
All American

Thanks, the students really turned out in force and created a great atmosphere that reminded me of the old C-USA days.

Like NN said, we are returning pretty much everyone on our squad and hopefully our core can really start to gel. If they continue to progress the way they have, should be good times in CUSA again.
01-24-2013 04:40 PM
TheEastisPurple Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB Football
A Miner 49er?

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2013 04:42 PM by TheEastisPurple.)
01-24-2013 04:41 PM
Tintin Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
(01-24-2013 03:11 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  As a C-USA school next year, Charlotte looked good getting the win and had a good crowd. Will be fun to see the Miners play there when its the Miners vs the Niners!

We did a home and home with you guys when we were in CUSA.
I think Charlotte took both games.
01-25-2013 08:47 AM
MUsince96 Online
All American

I Root For: Marshall
C-USA basketball could really improve when it's all said and done. We lose Memphis, but ODU, Charlotte and Middle Tennessee are all really solid programs. I'm actually kind of excited for the new C-USA in basketball.
01-25-2013 09:09 AM
Advertisement

DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
(01-25-2013 09:09 AM)MUsince96 Wrote:  C-USA basketball could really improve when it's all said and done. We lose Memphis, but ODU, Charlotte and Middle Tennessee are all really solid programs. I'm actually kind of excited for the new C-USA in basketball.

Don't tell CBS or E***. Basically their comment was "those three schools do 'nothing' for C-USA basketball."
01-25-2013 09:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wh49er Offline
All American

(01-25-2013 09:17 AM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  Don't tell CBS or E***. Basically their comment was "those three schools do 'nothing' for C-USA basketball."

Are you sure that was the Charlotte Observer that said that?
01-25-2013 09:42 AM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
The Observer? Nope, it was various opinion pieces on the "big media" sites. not an AP reprint article
01-25-2013 09:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wh49er Offline
All American

(01-25-2013 09:52 AM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  The Observer? Nope, it was various opinion pieces on the "big media" sites. not an AP reprint article

I was joking around. The local newsrag always likes to make our shortcomings on the front page while diminshing any success we have. 03-puke
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2013 10:59 AM by wh49er.)
01-25-2013 10:15 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-25-2013 10:15 AM)wh49er Wrote:  
(01-25-2013 09:52 AM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  The Observer? Nope, it was various opinion pieces on the "big media" sites. not an AP reprint article

I was joking around. The local newsrag always like to make our shortcomings are on the front page while diminshing any success we have. 03-puke
Yep. I still LOL at the Observer writer saying we shot poorly from the field against Xavier.

For those of you that haven't seen the box score, we shot 50% from the field.
01-25-2013 10:44 AM
Advertisement

MUsince96 Online
All American

Why is your alls home town paper so negative toward you guys?
01-25-2013 10:48 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-25-2013 10:48 AM)MUsince96 Wrote:  Why is your alls home town paper so negative toward you guys?

Pretty much all the writers are Tarheel graduates, including the editor.

The editor used to come over to our board and heckle us.

They used to have a really fat **** of a writer that used to bad mouth our program all the time too, but he died a few years back.

We had a 49er graduate as a beat writer for a while, but he was close to Lutz and went apeshit after we fired him. He just makes fun of the program on twitter now and covers nascar for the paper.

Our current beat writer is a tarheel and he does a decent job covering us, but you can tell he just does the bare minimum.

I don't have any problems with him, I just wish he'd do more digging for stories.
01-25-2013 10:52 AM
MUsince96 Online
All American

How unprofessional of an editor to be on message boards heckling. Our last two beat writers at the Daily Mail in Charleston have been wvu grads, but they are very professional and you can tell they didn't get into the whole "hate everything Marshall" most of their fans have. They have both been excellent covering Marshall.
01-25-2013 10:59 AM
Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB Blazers
Definitely some talent in the future CUSA basketball. By HoopScoop, the top CUSA recruiting classes for 2013 are UTEP, MTSU, and UAB. UAB is having a down year, but hopefully with the 5 we have coming in next year, we will be back competing for another CUSA title.
01-25-2013 11:29 AM
919R Offline
Special Teams

(01-25-2013 10:52 AM)Niner National Wrote:  
(01-25-2013 10:48 AM)MUsince96 Wrote:  Why is your alls home town paper so negative toward you guys?

Pretty much all the writers are Tarheel graduates, including the editor.

The editor used to come over to our board and heckle us.

They used to have a really fat **** of a writer that used to bad mouth our program all the time too, but he died a few years back.

We had a 49er graduate as a beat writer for a while, but he was close to Lutz and went apeshit after we fired him. He just makes fun of the program on twitter now and covers nascar for the paper.

Our current beat writer is a tarheel and he does a decent job covering us, but you can tell he just does the bare minimum.

I don't have any problems with him, I just wish he'd do more digging for stories.

I know this is the conventional wisdom on NinerNation.net, but Jim does still pull for Charlotte. He posts positive Niners stuff on FB regularly and I have never seen anything negative on there from him.
01-25-2013 12:25 PM
Advertisement

whitey Offline
1st String

I Root For: a playoff
Thanks to the 49ers, ECU's RPI shot up 20 pts. Now in the top 100.
01-25-2013 03:14 PM
Nugget49er Offline
1st String

(01-25-2013 03:14 PM)whitey Wrote:  Thanks to the 49ers, ECU's RPI shot up 20 pts. Now in the top 100.
Excellent! We now have another win over a top 100 team. Too bad they won't be schedule fodder for us every year. 02-13-banana
01-25-2013 03:18 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(01-25-2013 03:14 PM)whitey Wrote:  Thanks to the 49ers, ECU's RPI shot up 20 pts. Now in the top 100.

I bet, also thanks to the Niners, that RPI just went down. Well, that and your lost to UTEP.
01-27-2013 12:04 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
Congrats to the Niners for this big win over Xavier. ANY win over Xavier is a good win.

My LA Tech Bulldogs just beat Utah St on the road last night. Tech is now 18-3 overall, 9-0 in the WAC. And unlike our football team, most of our guys will be returning next year. So I'm looking forward to playing the Niners!
01-27-2013 12:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.