Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hey WVU fans, come on over and congratulate the Herd.
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Hey WVU fans, come on over and congratulate the Herd.
Tremendous victory over WVU tonite.

WVU just couldn't hit their 3's tonite.
01-25-2006 10:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tigerderek Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Sunshinepumpers

Bwhahahaha!!! 02-13-banana
01-25-2006 10:08 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

Yikes.

Good win for Marshall.
01-25-2006 10:16 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

tigerderek Wrote:Bwhahahaha!!! 02-13-banana
Thankfully our conference is so good that on the night one of us throws up a choke job against a bad team someone else steps up just as equally on the good side!

Current 10th place BE team Seton Hall cruises easily by 18 on the road at ACC #2 NCST.
01-25-2006 10:20 PM
SAHerdFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Packers

any givin night it can happen guys ..5 on 5 , thats why we play the games ..
01-25-2006 10:22 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

This is what happens when a team relies on the 3 and it is not falling. There will be nights like this.

Teams like UCONN, Texas and GTOWN will get their shot because they are physical and has an inside-out game. Anytime when the 3 is not falling, you can always go to the inside and pound. This is the same reason why Duke will struggle when Re Dick is not making his shots.
01-25-2006 10:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

Jay Bilas said CUSA only has Memphis and CUSA will lose two or three of its seeds to the Big East! 02-13-banana 02-13-banana 02-13-banana 02-13-banana 02-13-banana
01-25-2006 10:30 PM
BlazinHeat Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Wilkie01 Wrote:Jay Bilas said CUSA only has Memphis and CUSA will lose two or three of its seeds to the Big East! 02-13-banana 02-13-banana 02-13-banana 02-13-banana 02-13-banana

Jay Bilas. You did say Jay Bilas. The guy most of you thought was a joke last year right?

I mean Jay Bilas. You're getting excited over something Jay Bilas said. That's like an anorexic getting excited after they throw up. And that ain't good Wilkie.

05-footinmouth
01-25-2006 10:33 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

Wilkie01 Wrote:Jay Bilas said CUSA only has Memphis and CUSA will lose two or three of its seeds to the Big East! 02-13-banana 02-13-banana 02-13-banana 02-13-banana 02-13-banana

Well the amount of bids varied every year but CUSA looks very likely to receive 2 this year. Memphis obviously and then UAB is looking more and more likely with every horrid 200+ RPI team they beat. They need to keep winning since their SOS will plummet but they look pretty good so far and likely will make it.
01-25-2006 10:35 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia

LOL good job Herd! They have WVU's number the last 2 years, no question. You shoot poorly enough, anybody can beat ya. Especially when the team playing you is playing their biggest game of the year.

It's all good. WVU lost last year to MoooooU, and as embarrassing as that was, we ended up pretty good as I recall ;-)

Good thing Seton Hall came thru for the RPI of the league tonight! Good win over the Pack!
01-25-2006 10:41 PM
BlazinHeat Offline
Banned

I Root For:

CollegeCard Wrote:

Well the amount of bids varied every year but CUSA looks very likely to receive 2 this year. Memphis obviously and then UAB is looking more and more likely with every horrid 200+ RPI team they beat. They need to keep winning since their SOS will plummet but they look pretty good so far and likely will make it.

We have beaten teams with RPI's between 25 and 75. Plus playing Memphis twice, Houston and UTEP will help the SOS as well. But not much.

But are you making reference to our SOS after the OOC schedule you just played? I mean come one CollegeCard, your OOC SOS was 254. I mean lets not throw stones now.
01-25-2006 10:41 PM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

BlazinHeat Wrote:
CollegeCard Wrote:

We have beaten teams with RPI's between 25 and 75. Plus playing Memphis twice, Houston and UTEP will help the SOS as well. But not much.

But are you making reference to our SOS after the OOC schedule you just played? I mean come one CollegeCard, your OOC SOS was 254. I mean lets not throw stones now.

Its not really throwing stones when louisville can relie on BE conference games to build up their rpi. UAB has no such in conference luxury.
01-25-2006 10:50 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

04-rock 04-rock 04-rock
01-25-2006 10:51 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Congrats to Marshall...For some reason Duquesne and Marshall give WVU fits almost every yr...don't know what it is about the smaller regional schools but the Mountaineers better start to show up when we play them

Jackson
01-25-2006 10:59 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

Jackson1011 Wrote:Congrats to Marshall...For some reason Duquesne and Marshall give WVU fits almost every yr...don't know what it is about the smaller regional schools but the Mountaineers better start to show up when we play them

Jackson

You're right, I forgot about Duquesne. They always plague WVU too.

I wonder if its kinda like the football team and its past bowl struggles. The players are aware of the bowl struggles, and that makes them tight and a little off because it's probably in their minds. I'm sure this team is aware of the recent blah play against MU and Duquesne, and that knowledge probably doesn't help.

Still, no excuses... they shot like crap tonight. MU deserved to win. But we need to get our acts together and not fall asleep when we are playing teams like that.
01-25-2006 11:01 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

I wonder when the last time WVU beat Duquesne and Marshall in the same yr was.....its been awhile

Jackson
01-25-2006 11:04 PM
Advertisement

wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

Jackson1011 Wrote:I wonder when the last time WVU beat Duquesne and Marshall in the same yr was.....its been awhile

Jackson

good question, i'm not sure... it HAS been awhile, I would bet.
01-25-2006 11:09 PM
BlazinHeat Offline
Banned

I Root For:

cuseroc Wrote:
BlazinHeat Wrote:
CollegeCard Wrote:

Its not really throwing stones when louisville can relie on BE conference games to build up their rpi. UAB has no such in conference luxury.

You meant "rely" right? But anyway that luxury isn't going to mean much if they don't start to win some of those games. So far that luxury is kicking them in the @$$!

But you are right, UAB walks a fine line and so far we're performing circus acts to stay in the bracket.
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

BlazinHeat Wrote:
CollegeCard Wrote:

Yes I am making reference to your SOS. UofL has only played 40% of their Big East games and already has a much better SOS than UAB does. Ken Pomeroy had UofL 88th SOS wise today and UAB 120th. UofL's will jump up from 88th tomorrow morning as well considering he has UC 16th and we played them tonight. UAB will get a big boost tomorrow playing Memphis, but that's cancelled out anytime you play anyone of the 8 CUSA teams with RPI's of 220 or worse.

I'm not claiming UofL played better team out of league, but at the end of the day the season is 29 or 30 games long, not 12 or 13. Facts of life.
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators

wvucrazed Wrote:Especially when the team playing you is playing their biggest game of the year.

WVwho isn't our biggest game. You guys rank behind all of our Conference mates. Get real!!
01-25-2006 11:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.