Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Alumni Pre-Game at Kennesaw
Bookmark and Share
ReturnOfMommaBear Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ETSU
Alumni Pre-Game at Kennesaw
I've had two great conversations with Dr. Noland and Dr. Sander relayed to me today from the pre-game reception.

Both people came away with smiles and an optimism that they'd not had in many years. One long-time Buc, from UH to ETSU, outlined his 20 minute conversation with them and was really impressed to have both a President and an AD that would engage on the level they did and freely discuss things like the implications of the Olympic Training Center, no way to purchase merchandise on the Athletics Website, lack of alumni engagment... on and on... In other words "He Get's It"

He said that Dr. Noland kept saying "Come Back"... as in come back to campus and see what we are doing and come back as a graduate and alumni that can be proud of their alma mater.

There were Football and Men's Basketball Alumni there as well.

Five years ago, it would have been an empty room.

There are photos posted on the Alumni Facebook page.
01-19-2013 07:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Mister Jennings Offline
1st String

RE: Alumni Pre-Game at Kennesaw
My wife, myself, plus two other Buc alumni were there from Chattanooga. I'm sure glad I'm not from Kennesaw as they seem to have little support despite their census of 20,000. I had the chance to tell both Drs. Noland and Sanders how thrilled I am they are on the scene. To say they are engaged doesn't even begin to tell the story. I would describe it as being consumed with making all of ETSU what it should be...where Buc alumni can look MTSU in the eye as an equal. Bob Plummer does a wonderful job putting all this together. On February 19th from 6 to 8pm...Dr. Noland will be meeting with Buc alumni at the Chattanoogan. If you live anywhere near, be there. Noland has moved into hero status for me. As for the game itself....it looked like ETSU is indeed the team that has won only 5 games. Kennesaw is worse but not be much. It's easy to see the offense is one on one, no plan, throw it up if you have a chance. What to do about is the question? I'm in the Murry needs go camp. One of the longest tenures of coaching service to ETSU basketball belongs to Scott Wagers....he's been around longer than Murry. I feel good though realizing that the Doctors are on the scene. I also take comfort in knowing that ETSU has one of the few University president's that goes to basketball game on the road. How cool is that? Smile Buc lovers, the future is bright!
01-19-2013 08:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheShadow Offline
2nd String

(01-19-2013 07:16 PM)ReturnOfMommaBear Wrote:  no way to purchase merchandise on the Athletics Website...

Second link down on the right under the text caster ad... The "get gear here" link... I got a nice dry-fit type polo from there!

ETSU FanShop
01-20-2013 10:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
2nd String

(01-20-2013 10:02 AM)TheShadow Wrote:  
(01-19-2013 07:16 PM)ReturnOfMommaBear Wrote:  no way to purchase merchandise on the Athletics Website...

Second link down on the right under the text caster ad... The "get gear here" link... I got a nice dry-fit type polo from there!

ETSU FanShop

I think the discussion was around seeing blank shirts and how "odd" that was to not see the actual product and if you took the time to click all you get is the one Darth Bucky logo. Given the glances between Dr. Noland and Dr. Sander, my friend assumed they weren't aware of the generic nature/lack of selection of the site. I'd almost think it's due to some kind of merchandising agreement with the bookstore, not sure how ETSU has it arranged... in house? or outsourced?

Do you know if the bookstore has a link for sales?....

Nevermind.... took the 5 seconds and pulled it up: http://www.neebo.com/Shop/campus-trends?school=default It's an outsourced option with a really great selection.

Wonder when we'll see a football shirt in the campus bookstore? Fanatics 101 in The Mall "can't keep them on the rack." The manager says they are the best selling shirt of the ETSU gear he carries.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2013 10:28 AM by ReturnOfMommaBear.)
01-20-2013 10:18 AM
Advertisement

Buc'ed_Up Offline
1st String

Pretty sure its outsourced, thats why the clothes look the way they do. Other than the link above, this link (http://www.neebo.com/etsu) is the only other site i've been able to find.

this one looks awful..
http://www.etsubookstore.com/shop_main.asp
01-20-2013 10:25 AM
2nd String

(01-20-2013 10:25 AM)Buced_Up Wrote:  Pretty sure its outsourced, thats why the clothes look the way they do. Other than the link above, this link (http://www.neebo.com/etsu) is the only other site i've been able to find.

this one looks awful..

That's horrible, that was the first that I saw that came up on a google search. I went to the ETSU.edu page and bookstore, which gives us the neebo site.

In terms of outsourced, I wasn't sure if Athletics ran the merchandise internally like we used to do OR if it was now in the hands of an outside entity. Looks like it's outside, hard to tell with this set up. Can't say that I blame them, it's a pain to deal with... BUT, I'd frankly expect the outsource site to at least have more selection and a better site (the Athletics shop). At least the bookstore links have a much better selection.

Very odd.... it shouldn't be this hard to find swag!
01-20-2013 10:37 AM
etsudolfan Offline
2nd String

(01-20-2013 10:37 AM)ReturnOfMommaBear Wrote:  
(01-20-2013 10:25 AM)Buced_Up Wrote:  Pretty sure its outsourced, thats why the clothes look the way they do. Other than the link above, this link (http://www.neebo.com/etsu) is the only other site i've been able to find.

this one looks awful..

That's horrible, that was the first that I saw that came up on a google search. I went to the ETSU.edu page and bookstore, which gives us the neebo site.

In terms of outsourced, I wasn't sure if Athletics ran the merchandise internally like we used to do OR if it was now in the hands of an outside entity. Looks like it's outside, hard to tell with this set up. Can't say that I blame them, it's a pain to deal with... BUT, I'd frankly expect the outsource site to at least have more selection and a better site (the Athletics shop). At least the bookstore links have a much better selection.

Very odd.... it shouldn't be this hard to find swag!

one of the many reasons we need better marketing
01-20-2013 01:34 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
(01-20-2013 01:34 PM)etsudolfan Wrote:  Very odd.... it shouldn't be this hard to find swag!

one of the many reasons we need better marketing
[/quote]

When football was dropped they actually started a true marketing/promotions dept. The problem was they put a damn used car salesman in charge, primarily because he was in the good ol' boys network. His intern did a great job getting "Buc Wild" off the ground (still have my Buc Wild shirts). The problem is there hasn't been the oversight and growth at needs (See two botched halfcourt sweepstakes). There's been some growth, but let's be honest, the interest wasn't there. Dr. Sander even admitted to that, and no matter how much you sink into marketing, without football or a Butler-esque basketball program, you're not going to get people interested no matter how many free tickets you give out under the guise of "corporate partnerships."
I would expect some changes in that department as well, once the permanent A.D. is put in place.
01-20-2013 03:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.