Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mick on College Sports Radio
Bookmark and Share
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Mick on College Sports Radio
Cash = day to day, like any coach would say.
Realignment, more moves prior to the NCAA Tourney
Best Team, He likes Michigan

01-18-2013 11:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CDS86 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Mick on College Sports Radio
More moves prior to the tourney? With the Big 5?

01-18-2013 11:44 AM
Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Thats the second time hes referred to that time frame . In his interview with Willie Cunningham a month or so ago he mentioned "this spring" . He either knows something or is acting like he does.

01-18-2013 11:48 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(01-18-2013 11:44 AM)CDS86 Wrote:  More moves prior to the tourney? With the Big 5?
Yes, said SEC and Big Ten are in acquisition mode.

01-18-2013 11:50 AM
Advertisement

cinbinsportsfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(01-18-2013 11:48 AM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  Thats the second time hes referred to that time frame . In his interview with Willie Cunningham a month or so ago he mentioned "this spring" . He either knows something or is acting like he does.

Well by then, if not sooner, the Maryland ACC exit fee fiasco will likely be settled then the dominoes will start falling again. Sounds about right to me.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2013 11:52 AM by cinbinsportsfan.)
01-18-2013 11:51 AM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
It could be anything from the Big East adding more teams or the other conferences making moves.

01-18-2013 12:15 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(01-18-2013 12:15 PM)bearcatlawjd Wrote:  It could be anything from the Big East adding more teams or the other conferences making moves.

That will happen also. The question to Mick was along the lines of hey UC has had strong success in basketball and football but you guys are in conference purgatory does this affect recruiting. Mick said he wasn't worried about it and more realingment is coming probably before NCAA Tourney, Big Ten and SEC will take ACC teams.

01-18-2013 12:25 PM
Advertisement

Bearcat_Bounce Offline
God Like Summoner

I Root For: Winners
Anyone have a link to this interview?

01-18-2013 05:38 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
this tells me ACC here we come....

01-19-2013 12:37 AM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
(01-19-2013 12:37 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  this tells me ACC here we come....

If the ACC gets absolutely gutted, my preference is the Big XII. If the ACC loses only GT and maybe one more, then, I am fine with the ACC, IF they sign a GOR.

01-19-2013 12:33 PM
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

(01-19-2013 12:33 PM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  

If the ACC gets absolutely gutted, my preference is the Big XII. If the ACC loses only GT and maybe one more, then, I am fine with the ACC, IF they sign a GOR.

agreed

I have heard one interesting scenario:

Gtech, FSU, Clemson, and....UC to the B12. Now that would be funny....UofL fans would shat their britches. Lot of them have taken a "we're better than you" attitude since the ACC invite vs UC and I can't think of a scenario that would be more poetic justice. I don't see it happening but would be funny. hahaha

01-20-2013 09:27 AM
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Bearcats
(01-20-2013 09:27 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  
(01-19-2013 12:33 PM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  

agreed

I have heard one interesting scenario:

Gtech, FSU, Clemson, and....UC to the B12. Now that would be funny....UofL fans would shat their britches. Lot of them have taken a "we're better than you" attitude since the ACC invite vs UC and I can't think of a scenario that would be more poetic justice. I don't see it happening but would be funny. hahaha

Did you hear this from a decent source? Honestly, I would take this in a heartbeat although in this crowd we would really need to step it up for football. The earlier rumors by the likes of swain had those three and Miami instead of UC. Due to potential sanctions I could see the U being a little radioactive. Who wants a team with possible tv and bowl penalties?
Unfortunately, I could see scenarios of the B12 taking schools VTech or UL over UC.

01-20-2013 09:40 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

No...I'm not "in" with anybody Jackie. I saw somebody that said they were "in" post this on Bearcatlair forum. I thought it was interesting and worth repeating.

01-20-2013 09:43 AM
Advertisement

Slypenny Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC/UK/FSU/NKU
As much as i would love to believe we are a top school, with attendance issues, and revenue gaps, we are not there. We will not be first choice if B12 looks to expand. Ask UK/UI how much they benefit from their conference other than for revenue. They are meaningless programs. I would much rather stay relevant. It does seem that things are getting ready to heat back up... My gut is ACC is gutted and we end up in the ACC,,, or what probably used to be most of the BE. But i am okay with that, schools somewhat regionally to UC that we can compete with.

01-20-2013 10:22 PM
bearcat29 Offline

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(01-20-2013 10:22 PM)Slypenny Wrote:  As much as i would love to believe we are a top school, with attendance issues, and revenue gaps, we are not there. We will not be first choice if B12 looks to expand. Ask UK/UI how much they benefit from their conference other than for revenue. They are meaningless programs. I would much rather stay relevant. It does seem that things are getting ready to heat back up... My gut is ACC is gutted and we end up in the ACC,,, or what probably used to be most of the BE. But i am okay with that, schools somewhat regionally to UC that we can compete with.
We can all have a "preference", but UC is a fringe prospect and will take what they can get. My guess is if the ACC can hold together, then maybe they have a shot at the B12. If ACC falls apart, then UC is headed to the ACC. If they can keep their OB tie in, I would be fine with that. It is better than playing Tulane etc.

01-20-2013 10:42 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

(01-20-2013 10:42 PM)bearcat29 Wrote:  
(01-20-2013 10:22 PM)Slypenny Wrote:  As much as i would love to believe we are a top school, with attendance issues, and revenue gaps, we are not there. We will not be first choice if B12 looks to expand. Ask UK/UI how much they benefit from their conference other than for revenue. They are meaningless programs. I would much rather stay relevant. It does seem that things are getting ready to heat back up... My gut is ACC is gutted and we end up in the ACC,,, or what probably used to be most of the BE. But i am okay with that, schools somewhat regionally to UC that we can compete with.
We can all have a "preference", but UC is a fringe prospect and will take what they can get. My guess is if the ACC can hold together, then maybe they have a shot at the B12. If ACC falls apart, then UC is headed to the ACC. If they can keep their OB tie in, I would be fine with that. It is better than playing Tulane etc.

Correct. I don't see the B12 thing happening (then again I would have laughed at you had you said RU and Maryland to the B10) and most likely UC to the ACC means the ACC lost one or more schools (the good fb ones like Clemson, FSU, etc). Which means we join a watered down ACC. However, the watered down ACC will STILL be better than the conference the BE is becoming. We will make a ton more money, have an OB tie in, etc as long as the ACC isn't completely destroyed. IE if the ACC loses one to four schools and backfills with a combination of UC/UCONN/Temple/MemphisorUSF then it will still be a great league. Once more than four schools leave the ACC then it's not going to be so great and the worry about losing the OB etc would kick in. So really, the ACC could be a great league for us depending on how many teams they are going to end up losing. Our hope is they lose a couple teams, but not a lot of teams. That's the game right now.

01-21-2013 08:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.