Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who do we contact or see to do the following to Commish BB?
Bookmark and Share
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Who do we contact or see to do the following to Commish BB?
I call for a vote of no confidence in his butt. How do we start the paperwork?

[Image: ZodKneelsBeforeAmidala-TPMHD.jpg]
01-13-2013 01:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bladhmadh Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
RE: Who do we contact or see to do the following to Commish BB?
and just what would you have done in his place? added Texas and Notre Dame and signed a 600 million dollar per year contract?
01-13-2013 04:12 PM
olliebaba Online
Legend

I Root For: Christ
It wasn't BB it was those school presidents that got bamboozled by the nbe into believing that they would be getting big bucks which doesn't seem like it will materialize. I think the mwc came out better in the long run than nbe or cusa and that was because they stuck together something we weren't going to do or did.
01-13-2013 04:35 PM
Advertisement

AtlantaEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(01-13-2013 04:12 PM)bladhmadh Wrote:  and just what would you have done in his place? added Texas and Notre Dame and signed a 600 million dollar per year contract?

Is that the criteria now for doing a poor job? If that's it, maybe some dead weight should go as well.
01-13-2013 05:14 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

(01-13-2013 04:12 PM)bladhmadh Wrote:  and just what would you have done in his place? added Texas and Notre Dame and signed a 600 million dollar per year contract?

In the real world thats known as a career limiting move.
01-13-2013 08:54 PM
Advertisement

WeatherfordMeanGreen Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
Seriously, could Banowsky have held a gun to each of the schools leaving for the Big East and say "oh no you don't?"

What could anyone have done different?

At the end of the day, there just won't be too much difference with BCS bowl access by any of the Go5 schools.

Probably wouldn't hurt for all these schools to get as many traditional Top 25 teams on their future schedules, though.
01-14-2013 12:05 AM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

(01-14-2013 12:05 AM)WeatherfordMeanGreen Wrote:  Seriously, could Banowsky have held a gun to each of the schools leaving for the Big East and say "oh no you don't?"

What could anyone have done different?

At the end of the day, there just won't be too much difference with BCS bowl access by any of the Go5 schools.

Probably wouldn't hurt for all these schools to get as many traditional Top 25 teams on their future schedules, though.

Anything would have been better than what he ultimately chose to do: nothing. Or, worse yet, if you read just a little between the lines of the San Antonio article, he gets great joy out of schools defecting to "better themselves".

the man is not just a problem, he may be the problem.
01-14-2013 12:10 AM
Advertisement

eaglerock Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: myself
[Image: amidala.jpg]
01-14-2013 01:14 AM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

(01-14-2013 12:10 AM)EagleX Wrote:  Anything would have been better than what he ultimately chose to do: nothing. Or, worse yet, if you read just a little between the lines of the San Antonio article, he gets great joy out of schools defecting to "better themselves".

the man is not just a problem, he may be the problem.

Geez.. what would you guys have him do. He has to look out for the Conference. The school administrations have to look out for the schools.

In fact, that "infamous" quote came out from BB a few years ago.

This was back right after there was talk of Memphis trying to make an SEC play, and in fact Mike Slive kept trying to push for that... it was one of the things that got a lot of fans pissed off at him.

Memphis' president said their "ultimate goal" was to get Memphis into the SEC. (This was early in the start of all the realignment hoopla), and someone asked Slive about the comment, and he basically said "he hoped they succeeded". It was shortly after that quote that Slive departed the Conference chair for the SEC (rumour had it he was on his way out anyway)

BB took over and he basically tried to put his own spin on what Slive had said (without the negative feedback) basically saying he wanted "schools to better themselves, as it raised the name-brand of Conference-USA".

A Dallas reporter, alhtough it might have been a Memphis reporter, as I don't remember which paper (But i thought it was the Dallas Morning Star) ran with it as a "BB doesnt' want stability in C-USA, so we need to get out for the good of our schools".

Unfortunately, BB never really challenged that spin, so a lot of people just started believing that was what BB meant.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2013 08:52 AM by DaSaintFan.)
01-14-2013 08:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
FWIW, Nbe Commish Aresco said the same thing about the departing Big East schools and that the departure and negotiations of termination are desired to be amicable. Banowsky is powerless once the school Regents approve changing conferences. About the only thing to do is be amicable, so as not to sour future relationships. An example is the MWC getting Boise back by keeping the lines of communication open and the relationship amicable. Ditto for SDSU.
01-14-2013 09:26 AM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

(01-14-2013 09:26 AM)Tallgrass Wrote:  FWIW, Nbe Commish Aresco said the same thing about the departing Big East schools and that the departure and negotiations of termination are desired to be amicable. Banowsky is powerless once the school Regents approve changing conferences. About the only thing to do is be amicable, so as not to sour future relationships. An example is the MWC getting Boise back by keeping the lines of communication open and the relationship amicable. Ditto for SDSU.

SDSU is the example I wouldn't use Tallgrass.. basically SDSU is only back in MWC (maybe, not even sure it's a done deal yet?) because Boise requested them.

After all the bad-mouthing SDSU AD did in regards to the MWC, they're lucky they're even being considered at all.
01-14-2013 09:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.