Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

C-USA will be a good ARCHITECTURE league
Bookmark and Share
Noodles Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
C-USA will be a good ARCHITECTURE league
Southern Miss, Tulsa (if they stay), UTEP, UAB, Charlotte will get us 2 or 3 spots in the Dance a year. MTSU is playing at a high level. ODU and Marshall will be back in a big way because they are serious about basketball.
This post doesn't require any negative responses from defectors. I would, however, like to hear the thoughts of the 14.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2013 02:19 PM by Noodles.)
01-12-2013 11:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rabonchild Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
RE: C-USA will be a good basketball league
We are gonna be all right, be all right, be all right
01-12-2013 11:54 PM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

Honestly, I think ODU's having a down year... but if you think about it.. we're giving up Tulane, Houston, SMU, ECU, and UCF.. none of which have been major basketball contributors (okay, maybe UCF) Yes, we're losing Memphis.

But you get rid of 5 "dead weights" in basketball (no offense) + 1 superstar team, and bringing in what should be some good (if not great) teams.

We've been mocked time and time again that we should "Dump the dead weight" to become a multi-bid league... so in effect, isnt that what happened?
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2013 11:55 PM by DaSaintFan.)
01-12-2013 11:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Noodles Offline
All American

(01-12-2013 11:54 PM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  Honestly, I think ODU's having a down year... but if you think about it.. we're giving up Tulane, Houston, SMU, ECU, and UCF.. none of which have been major basketball contributors (okay, maybe UCF) Yes, we're losing Memphis.

But you get rid of 5 "dead weights" in basketball (no offense) + 1 superstar team, and bringing in what should be some good (if not great) teams.

We've been mocked time and time again that we should "Dump the dead weight" to become a multi-bid league... so in effect, isnt that what happened?

Exactly my thoughts. I have always pulled for Tulane as my second favorite, but I think I'll buy myself a couple of ODU or UTSA sweatshirts. It's going to be a very fun conference.
01-13-2013 12:00 AM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
I'm so glad yall mention how well Tech is now doing in basketball
01-13-2013 12:22 AM
Noodles Offline
All American

(01-13-2013 12:22 AM)techdawg88 Wrote:  I'm so glad yall mention how well Tech is now doing in basketball

Actually thought I had included Tech. Lulz. You guys beat us, so I guess I had a mental block. I'm going to love being in a conference with Tech. Should have been together all along.
01-13-2013 12:24 AM
Advertisement

panicstricken Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
Isn't odu 3-12 this year.
01-13-2013 12:32 AM
ODUsmitty Online
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(01-13-2013 12:32 AM)panicstricken Wrote:  Isn't odu 3-12 this year.

That is way too generous. We only have two wins this year. Worst year in over a decade, and the precursor to some necessary changes on the horizon.
01-13-2013 12:40 AM
Filo Bedo Offline
Banned

I Root For: Backyard Brawls
It will be a good competitive league and fun to watch. But only one team gets in.
01-13-2013 12:51 AM
GrayEagle Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
I thought that North Texas would be among those top choices as well. We had a highly rated recruiting class led by a Top 10 NBA draft pick but our coach left for LSU (his alma mater) and his replacement hasn't figured out how to handle his first head coaching job. We will have the talent to match most anyone in the conference but that may go begging.
01-13-2013 01:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mufanatehc Offline
Hmm...

I Root For: BSU, EHC, & MU
(01-13-2013 12:51 AM)Filo Bedo Wrote:  It will be a good competitive league and fun to watch. But only one team gets in.

If the CAA can get 2 to 3 teams a year, this league should be able to as well...
01-13-2013 01:34 AM
Advertisement

GoGold Offline
All American

Probably be a two bid league most years. CUSA will be a better basketball conference no doubt. Although I'm not ready to put us in the elite of the conference yet.

I know baseball doesn't mean as much to incoming programs as it does to us and in the grand scheme of things doesn't mean much at all, but baseball takes a big hit, as least we keep Rice.

Football takes a big hit, at least for the first few years.
01-13-2013 06:36 AM
GO_MONARKS Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
(01-13-2013 12:40 AM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  
(01-13-2013 12:32 AM)panicstricken Wrote:  Isn't odu 3-12 this year.

That is way too generous. We only have two wins this year. Worst year in over a decade, and the precursor to some necessary changes on the horizon.

Worst team ever???? 6-22 in 86-87 is the worst season I remember. I think we are on track to be worse than that...

:(
01-13-2013 09:09 AM
panicstricken Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
Not sure if serious?
01-13-2013 09:55 AM
Wavebacker Offline
All American

I Root For: Toolane.....
(01-12-2013 11:47 PM)Noodles Wrote:  Southern Miss, Tulsa (if they stay), UTEP, UAB, Charlotte will get us 2 or 3 spots in the Dance a year. MTSU is playing at a high level. ODU and Marshall will be back in a big way because they are serious about basketball.
This post doesn't require any negative responses from defectors. I would, however, like to hear the thoughts of the 14.

I think the switch out of old schools and addition of new ones is a wash. C-USA will still be the same ole kinda league. One bid, maybe two if a second school has a very good year. Very good meaning they finish in the upper half of the league , have an impressive OCC win or two plus what figures to be a just-above-the-bubble-teams-RPI. Perception being what it is, only a few schools will get the merit of being good by others nationally: UAB,ODU, Charlotte, So. Miss. and UTEP have "street cred". Enough history to suggest that their accomplishments are legit to those who decide who makes The Dance and who doesn't.
What the league needs to do, IMHO , moving forward is schedule some notable, big-time opponents OCC. Try to get those signature wins. Shoot for multiple NCAA bids and hopefully successful runs for up-and-coming teams in the NIT or other post-season tournaments. It's doable. Beating some former C-USA schools in the process is a bonus. Really...Losing Memphis in BBall is a huge hit. The league will need to develop it's next version of "Memphis". Of course this all is secondary to Football success, but it matters nonetheless.
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2013 10:02 AM by Wavebacker.)
01-13-2013 10:01 AM
monarchman Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
We may be having likely are most horrible year ever in program history, but we're very close to raising the final funds for our new basketball practice facility. So we're definitely committed to being very good at basketball.

[Image: 755481000.jpg]
[Image: practfacility1.jpg]

[Image: practicefacility2.jpg]
01-13-2013 10:48 AM
Advertisement

NLP Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Nobody
I'm waiting for the punchline.
01-14-2013 11:20 AM
CharSFNiner Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
I like you guys, but those are some god awful looking facilities.
01-14-2013 11:22 AM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
I think we maintain status quo in basketball. Since last realignment we haven't gotten more than two. Now we'll get two if the top teams can separate themselves. If everyone loses to everyone else then we'll be one bid.
01-14-2013 11:24 AM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

I think we'll be a multi-bid league more often than not going forward.

I diaagree about UH being no loss in BB... they're not that great right now, but theyhave a strong tradition.
01-14-2013 11:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.