Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bring Dr. Brett Reed to ODU!
Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Bring Dr. Brett Reed to ODU!
http://www.facebook.com/bringDrReedtoODU

(Edited for the new page)

Started the official facebook page to bring him to ODU to replace Blaine. This guy is a winner and a heck of a ball coach. We should start a full court press to bring him in and right the ship if there is any way possible.

All are welcome.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 01:34 AM by Razor Ramon Monarch.)
01-11-2013 12:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LetsGoODU Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
RE: Bring Dr. Brett Reed to ODU!
You're better off creating an actual page that people can "like." That's the best way to get attention b/c everything can be seen. That's what I did with the Sacramento Kings to VB page.
01-11-2013 01:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Heisman

http://www.facebook.com/bringDrReedtoODU

Done. Feel free to join and bump the numbers and if we get high enough, maybe someone can send the link to Wood Selig.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 01:34 AM by Razor Ramon Monarch.)
01-11-2013 01:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ODUR8R Offline
All American

I'm sure Wood appreciates the attempt to reduce his bargaining power. Because he's not smart enough to discreetly identify Reed as a candidate01-wingedeagle
01-11-2013 08:12 AM
Heisman

(01-11-2013 08:12 AM)ODUR8R Wrote:  I'm sure Wood appreciates the attempt to reduce his bargaining power. Because he's not smart enough to discreetly identify Reed as a candidate01-wingedeagle

Seriously? You think he's going to lose "bargaining power" so this is a bad idea??

What a joke. There is going to be a vast number of candidates for the job including assistants and other d 1 coaches.

Raising awareness for some of us's ideal candidate is NOT a bad idea.

If you are honestly suggesting a Facebook campaign might "hurt out bargaining ability" you might want to stop posting for a little while. Good lord.
01-11-2013 08:16 AM
ODUR8R Offline
All American

You honestly think this is helping he situation? Or at you looking for attention? If anyone respected BT the players, Brett Reed and his players then they would at least wait until after the season. I'm pretty confident Wood has this under control.

That's all just my opinion, everyone else may think its an excellent idea
01-11-2013 08:27 AM
Advertisement

bigblueodu Offline
1st String

Doesn't look that impressive to me.
01-11-2013 08:33 AM
Heisman

I'll wait and see what others think about this .

This is a more polite way to say "fire Blaine Taylor" while also suggest a very good solution to the problem.

Somehow I don't see Dr. Selig and Dr. Reed discussing a Facebook page in any future negotiators. Just call it a hunch lol.
01-11-2013 08:40 AM
Heisman

(01-11-2013 08:33 AM)bigblueodu Wrote:  Doesn't look that impressive to me.

Well considering it was started a few hours ago, I'd very surprised if it was at this point.
01-11-2013 08:41 AM
ODUR8R Offline
All American

I agree with you RR if 3 people like it that it won't have any effect on negotiations but if you shared it with your Ramnation buddies it could go viral and in the very least effects things. I like Dr Reed even though his interviews are pretty weird
01-11-2013 08:47 AM
Monarchist13 Offline

(01-11-2013 08:41 AM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  

Well considering it was started a few hours ago, I'd very surprised if it was at this point.

If you're gonna do this, you should do it right. There needs to be a cover photo (the Ted would probably work), reasons why we are firing BT, a bio of Dr. Reed, a list of his accomplishments, and why you think he would be the perfect fit as head coach at ODU. There are some other things you could do, but that would be a good start.
01-11-2013 08:49 AM
Advertisement

Heisman

(01-11-2013 08:47 AM)ODUR8R Wrote:  I agree with you RR if 3 people like it that it won't have any effect on negotiations but if you shared it with your Ramnation buddies it could go viral and in the very least effects things. I like Dr Reed even though his interviews are pretty weird

I am quite thrilled to be banned from Ramnation permanently. They are literally the scum of the earth. You want to share it with them, go right ahead!

Or just feel free to sign up and like it yourself.
01-11-2013 08:52 AM
Heisman

(01-11-2013 08:49 AM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  
(01-11-2013 08:41 AM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  

If you're gonna do this, you should do it right. There needs to be a cover photo (the Ted would probably work), reasons why we are firing BT, a bio of Dr. Reed, a list of his accomplishments, and why you think he would be the perfect fit as head coach at ODU. There are some other things you could do, but that would be a good start.

Perhaps I will after I have some free time this afternoon after work. It's absolutely in its infancy stages but I'd love for this to help accomplish getting him to odu, no matter what we have to pay him because of said campaign lol
01-11-2013 08:54 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(01-11-2013 08:47 AM)ODUR8R Wrote:  I agree with you RR if 3 people like it that it won't have any effect on negotiations but if you shared it with your Ramnation buddies it could go viral and in the very least effects things. I like Dr Reed even though his interviews are pretty weird

Actually, the Ramnation folks have made it clear they want Blaine Taylor to stay.
01-11-2013 09:00 AM
pandorazboxx Offline
2nd String

I think you might have more success if it was just a "Fire Blaine Taylor" page.
01-11-2013 09:36 AM
monarchman Offline
1st String

This is not a good idea.

I trust Selig to make the correct decision, and bring in the best talent. He should be able to make that decision without this kind of distraction (and I'm sure he will regardless).

Besides, ODU can do better than this guy.
01-11-2013 10:20 AM
Advertisement

Monarch Maniac 10 Offline
1st String

(01-11-2013 10:20 AM)monarchman Wrote:  This is not a good idea.

I trust Selig to make the correct decision, and bring in the best talent. He should be able to make that decision without this kind of distraction (and I'm sure he will regardless).

Besides, ODU can do better than this guy.

I agree the Facebook idea is kind of tacky. However, as far as Dr. Reed goes, he DID recruit an NBA top-10 pick to Lehigh. Even if McCollum is overrated, Reed knows how to get the most out of his scorers while playing decent defense.
01-11-2013 10:32 AM
Monarchs Offline
2nd String

Tacky. This will have no bearing on Selig's decision, Reed's decision, or people that want him to go/stay. Seems like a childish venture to me. "Let's get 400 likes and really show this guy who's the boss!"
01-11-2013 11:36 AM
Heisman

There's nothing tacky about it. I'm simply trying to raise awareness for a coach that would do a wonderful job at odu.

I have to just assume most of you bashing this watch very little college basketball outside of odu, otherwise you'd know what a solid coach Dr. Reed really is.
01-11-2013 05:06 PM
ODUR8R Offline
All American

Do you have some sort of special "Lehigh League Pass" that the rest of us don't? If not then we've probably all seen the same 3 Lehigh games in the past two years as you because that's the only time they've been on TV.
01-11-2013 05:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.