Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MWC unclear how league will work
Bookmark and Share
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
MWC unclear how league will work
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college...g-east.ap/

"Mountain West Commissioner Craig Thompson said conference leaders have been trying to get San Diego State up to speed on the new TV deal, while considering whether to go to 12 members or stick with 11.
"We're just trying to understand how the league is going to work," he said. "Trying to understand what their wants, desires, concerns might be and then our board would get together and say, `Yeah, we can live with that,' or otherwise.""

"Part of the Boise State deal with the Mountain West was an agreement that the conference would first consider San Diego State it if did look for another member. The agreement set an exclusive window for San Diego State that closes Jan. 31.
"The reason for that deadline is I took 10-team (football) schedule last week and tore it up," Thompson said. "Before we go to the computer and ask it to create an 11-team schedule we ought to see if it's going to be a 12-team schedule."
01-08-2013 09:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

True Bearcat Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: MWC unclear how league will work
Don't we have a MWC board for this?

Oh yea here it is http://csnbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=200
01-08-2013 10:06 PM
Bearcat_Bounce Offline
God Like Summoner

I Root For: Winners
The Big East is unclear on which teams will be in the league to make it work...
01-08-2013 10:07 PM
Cooglius Caeser Offline
Banned

I Root For: Houston
No, leave it.

It's pretty funny hearing a commissioner say he's clueless.
01-08-2013 10:21 PM
Advertisement

Dasville Offline
Heisman

Yeah, I should have chosen a few better excerpts from the article. Just thought it was a little funny that they sound like they are flying by the seat of their pants and "plugging" names into computers to come up with a schedule.

First post here and want nothing but the best for the remaining football teams.

I had no idea that SDST was actually going to be at the meetings this Fri.
I wonder if they will be asked to leave the room at times while certain things are discussed. Everything I had read up until this SI story was that the "decision" was going to come this Fr.

According to this, Aresco said it would take a couple of weeks, almost to the deadline. Later it is, the harder it will be to maneuver schedules for next year.
01-08-2013 10:26 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

(01-08-2013 10:21 PM)Cooglius Caeser Wrote:  No, leave it.

It's pretty funny hearing a commissioner say he's clueless.

That's what I thought as well.
01-08-2013 10:27 PM
r2pirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
(01-08-2013 09:57 PM)Dasville Wrote:  http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college...g-east.ap/

"Mountain West Commissioner Craig Thompson said conference leaders have been trying to get San Diego State up to speed on the new TV deal, while considering whether to go to 12 members or stick with 11.
"We're just trying to understand how the league is going to work," he said. "Trying to understand what their wants, desires, concerns might be and then our board would get together and say, `Yeah, we can live with that,' or otherwise.""

"Part of the Boise State deal with the Mountain West was an agreement that the conference would first consider San Diego State it if did look for another member. The agreement set an exclusive window for San Diego State that closes Jan. 31.
"The reason for that deadline is I took 10-team (football) schedule last week and tore it up," Thompson said. "Before we go to the computer and ask it to create an 11-team schedule we ought to see if it's going to be a 12-team schedule."

Trust me. most BE members want sdsu to go back to mwc and never again should we hear of mwc (toooooooooooo much snow and noooooooooooooo room to grow)
01-08-2013 10:31 PM
Advertisement

ayerock559 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Fresno St
Yeah im sure your boy Aresco, the claimed savior of the Big East, according to this board, is light years ahead of Thompson in terms of running a conference.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 11:32 PM by ClairtonPanther.)
01-08-2013 10:33 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

Some other quotes from the BIG EAST COMMISSIONER about the BIG EAST MEETINGS!

"KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. (AP) -- San Diego State is planning to attend the Big East's meetings on Friday, but the school has been talking to the Mountain West about possibly staying in that conference rather than switching leagues.
Big East Commissioner Mike Aresco said Tuesday he doesn't anticipate San Diego State will have a decision at the upcoming meeting in Dallas.
"Every indication is they want to stay," he said after attending a BCS commissioners meeting. "Whether they will or not we still don't know. We're still talking.
"If I had to guess, it would shake out in a couple of weeks.""
01-08-2013 10:38 PM
megadrone Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
(01-08-2013 10:26 PM)Dasville Wrote:  Yeah, I should have chosen a few better excerpts from the article. Just thought it was a little funny that they sound like they are flying by the seat of their pants and "plugging" names into computers to come up with a schedule.

First post here and want nothing but the best for the remaining football teams.

I had no idea that SDST was actually going to be at the meetings this Fri.
I wonder if they will be asked to leave the room at times while certain things are discussed. Everything I had read up until this SI story was that the "decision" was going to come this Fr.

According to this, Aresco said it would take a couple of weeks, almost to the deadline. Later it is, the harder it will be to maneuver schedules for next year.
Well in BE 1.0, we always used to blame Temple for schedules being late. Now there's a leigitimate reason and it's not Temple's fault!
01-08-2013 10:39 PM
Advertisement

KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
It would be smart for SDSU to drag along the MWC until Jan 31st. They can end with a nice special deal or just remain in the Big East. Might as well sit back and get more $$$ out of the MWC if it doesn't work out with the Big East.

For the record I want SDSU in the big east.
01-08-2013 10:45 PM
Lord2FLI Away
Peanut Vendor

I Root For: The End
Join the club Craig Thompson, no one else seems to know how it's run either.
01-08-2013 10:46 PM
BSUFiend Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Boise State
(01-08-2013 10:33 PM)ayerock559 Wrote:  Yeah im sure your boy Aresco, the claimed savior of the Big East, according to this board, is light years ahead of Thompson in terms of running a conference. Lets see if Cuban will delete this thread as it has nothing to do with the Big East

Should at least be moved. This literally has nothing to do with BE and is only a flame thread.
01-08-2013 10:48 PM
Advertisement

SleepingGiantsFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: SDSU
(01-08-2013 10:31 PM)r2pirate Wrote:  Trust me. most BE members want sdsu to go back to mwc and never again should we hear of mwc (toooooooooooo much snow and noooooooooooooo room to grow)

Jesus! What a maroon!
01-08-2013 10:49 PM
BSUFiend Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Boise State
(01-08-2013 10:49 PM)SleepingGiantsFan Wrote:  
(01-08-2013 10:31 PM)r2pirate Wrote:  Trust me. most BE members want sdsu to go back to mwc and never again should we hear of mwc (toooooooooooo much snow and noooooooooooooo room to grow)

Jesus! What a maroon!

You didn't know it snows in Diego?
01-08-2013 10:51 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

(01-08-2013 10:48 PM)BSUFiend Wrote:  
(01-08-2013 10:33 PM)ayerock559 Wrote:  Yeah im sure your boy Aresco, the claimed savior of the Big East, according to this board, is light years ahead of Thompson in terms of running a conference. Lets see if Cuban will delete this thread as it has nothing to do with the Big East

Should at least be moved. This literally has nothing to do with BE and is only a flame thread.

I had absolutely NO intention of this becoming a flame thread. Honestly!
I was looking for Mike Aresco news when I found this SI story. He is pictured in the article and he is quoted. Looking for something new that I hadn't seen for my first post and came across this. No harm intended but man are y'all touchy.
01-08-2013 11:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.