With the post invite attitude of ecu fans, i certainly hope this is true lol
01-07-2013 06:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big Dub Offline
C-USA Troll?

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Tyrone Nix reported to be a top Candidate for ECU DC Job
(01-07-2013 06:29 PM)pirateradio97 Wrote:  Would be a very solid hire

Depending on the quality of your current recruits, maybe for a year or two, then 04-nuke
01-07-2013 06:51 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
I have no clue if he's a "top candidate" or if he's any kind of candidate.
01-07-2013 06:58 PM
pirateradio97 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: East Carolina
(01-07-2013 06:58 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  I have no clue if he's a "top candidate" or if he's any kind of candidate.

Its probably either him or Art Kaufman
01-07-2013 07:18 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(01-07-2013 07:18 PM)pirateradio97 Wrote:  
(01-07-2013 06:58 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  I have no clue if he's a "top candidate" or if he's any kind of candidate.

Its probably either him or Art Kaufman

I really really really really really hope we are not considering Kaufman.
01-07-2013 07:22 PM
Advertisement

BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

ha
haha
hahaha
hahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
01-07-2013 07:31 PM
GCEagle Offline
Special Teams

[Image: 1371421_o.gif]
01-07-2013 07:40 PM
USM@FTL Offline
All American

good hire. Some of our own fans like to eat our young.
01-07-2013 07:44 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(01-07-2013 07:44 PM)USM@FTL Wrote:  good hire. Some of our own fans like to eat our young.

He hasn't been hired, but what's the back story? Why do USM fans seem to have a very low opinion of Nix?
01-07-2013 07:48 PM
ECU#7 Offline
2nd String

I wish we could go ahead and fast forward next year so we can hire a new HC. Ruff will be gone after next years dismal season. If Kaufman or Nix are what we are going to choose from we would have been better off keeping Mitchell. ECU screwed the pooch by not getting Hudson/Smith. I know some of our fans are going to start making excuses about how we couldn't afford Hudson due to the Purdue offer. The truth is we couldn't afford to not hire him. Maybe ECU is going for the "More with less" mantra that USM has carried all these years. I am disgusted
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2013 07:51 PM by ECU#7.)
01-07-2013 07:51 PM
Advertisement

EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
Tyrone is a great person. I respect him a great deal. As a DC, I will let his record at South Carolina, Ole Miss and MTSU speak for itself. His last game at MTSU was a 0-45 loss to Ark State. Just sayin.....
01-07-2013 08:03 PM
RowdyRoost Offline
Special Teams

Tyrone Nix is a great guy and a solid position coach. However, he's not a good defensive coordinator and he's a poor recruiter. He inherited a top notch defense at USM and managed to make it very sub par. His track record isn't too good at any of his stops.

Good luck.
01-07-2013 08:17 PM
HP-TBDPITL Offline
All American

I Root For: College Sports
(01-07-2013 07:51 PM)ECU#7 Wrote:  I wish we could go ahead and fast forward next year so we can hire a new HC. Ruff will be gone after next years dismal season. If Kaufman or Nix are what we are going to choose from we would have been better off keeping Mitchell. ECU screwed the pooch by not getting Hudson/Smith. I know some of our fans are going to start making excuses about how we couldn't afford Hudson due to the Purdue offer. The truth is we couldn't afford to not hire him. Maybe ECU is going for the "More with less" mantra that USM has carried all these years. I am disgusted

A little unrealistic are we? Purdue has A LOT more money than ECU to hire a DC. They get $20 million from their TV contract alone...ECU about $1.2 million.

I cant believe how unrealistic some ECU fans are...its mindboggling.

And how do you know Smith is not in play here?
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2013 08:32 PM by HP-TBDPITL.)
01-07-2013 08:26 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(01-07-2013 08:26 PM)HP-TBDPITL Wrote:  
(01-07-2013 07:51 PM)ECU#7 Wrote:  I wish we could go ahead and fast forward next year so we can hire a new HC. Ruff will be gone after next years dismal season. If Kaufman or Nix are what we are going to choose from we would have been better off keeping Mitchell. ECU screwed the pooch by not getting Hudson/Smith. I know some of our fans are going to start making excuses about how we couldn't afford Hudson due to the Purdue offer. The truth is we couldn't afford to not hire him. Maybe ECU is going for the "More with less" mantra that USM has carried all these years. I am disgusted

A little unrealistic are we? Purdue has A LOT more money than ECU to hire a DC. They get $20 million from their TV contract alone...ECU about $1.2 million.

I cant believe have unrealistic some ECU fans are...its mindboggling.

Smith as a DB coach would be a home run. Smith as a DC is a questionable hire. His resume as a DC is not exactly the greatest ever.
01-07-2013 08:31 PM
HP-TBDPITL Offline
All American

(01-07-2013 08:03 PM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  Tyrone is a great person. I respect him a great deal. As a DC, I will let his record at South Carolina, Ole Miss and MTSU speak for itself. His last game at MTSU was a 0-45 loss to Ark State. Just sayin.....

Wait a sec...if he was so bad at USM, how'd he get the SC job? And if he was so bad at SC, how'd he get the Ole Miss job.

I'm not following what is so bad about Nix and his resume. He has been a DC for over 10 years at USM, SC, and Ole Miss. The staff got fired at Ole Miss last year so he grabbed the best available job at MTSU. Believe he held GT and their option to 28 when they blew them out last season.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2013 08:33 PM by HP-TBDPITL.)
01-07-2013 08:32 PM
Advertisement

GrandPointEagle Offline
All American

I Root For: USM, Wave, SELU
Great person and great position coach. Average DC IMO.

That said, if you guys can get a very good offense then you may only need a decent defense, in which case Nix would do the job just fine.
01-07-2013 08:33 PM
HP-TBDPITL Offline
All American

(01-07-2013 08:31 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  

Smith as a DB coach would be a home run. Smith as a DC is a questionable hire. His resume as a DC is not exactly the greatest ever.

True enough, but I still believe Smith as a DC is an upgrade over Mitchell.
01-07-2013 08:34 PM
ECU#7 Offline
2nd String

We are not talking about miliions here. I have heard that we were 50k awat from the Purdue offer. Like I said, we couldn't afford NOT to hire him. Hope we make great use of that 50k we just saved.
01-07-2013 08:34 PM
pirateradio97 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: East Carolina
(01-07-2013 08:34 PM)ECU#7 Wrote:  

We are not talking about miliions here. I have heard that we were 50k awat from the Purdue offer. Like I said, we couldn't afford NOT to hire him. Hope we make great use of that 50k we just saved.
Try 150 K away ..not 50 K away..plus Hudson was using ECU as leverage..
01-07-2013 08:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.