Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Crayfishing at the nBE board....had to post a Tulane response
Bookmark and Share
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
Crayfishing at the nBE board....had to post a Tulane response
ECU has not formally withdrawn from C-USA

Same here. Landon is a sh*t stirrer. Even if UConn and UC leave, Tulane and ECU are miles better off with Memphis, Temple, UCF, USF, UH and SMU. You can build a league from there and not include any sun belt schools from the middle of nowhere with zero budgets and who are the 5th tier school in their state's public system... Which is what CUSA has become. Tulane will stick it out, and will not want to be in a league with fourth rate schools and teacher's colleges. If UH and SMU leaves we will elevate Rice and Tulsa and USM and have the nine team league that we always wanted before Banowsky decided to protect his own job by gorging himself on the sun belt.

I have to be curious about the status of Tulane in LA...don't see how they are not below ULM, LA, LSU, and La Tech in athletics at this point...academically, it is inarguable....but what sports fan gives a crap about that....and yes, I understand Tulane is private...

LMFAO at all of the bs rationale...it will end up being what it will end up being w/o one poster adding to the end result
01-06-2013 01:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
RE: Crayfishing at the nBE board....had to post a Tulane response
With your awesome thread (would read again, BTW), 6 of the top 10 threads on the CUSA board are now about the BE.
01-06-2013 01:35 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
We have the 2nd largest athletic budget in LA and are 2nd in performance in all sports, including football. The last 10 years have been rough but we dominate all LA schools in the record books outside of LSU.

Fool.
01-06-2013 10:04 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

And its crawfish.
01-06-2013 10:04 PM
Advertisement

geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
Y'all gave up a combined 100 plus points to ULM & Louisiana this season, and the Cajuns called the dogs off.

Also Louisiana has put more butts in the Super Dome the past two NOLA Bowls than Tulane has in the past 10 years cumulative.

Tulanes budget is so much larger due to tuition cost. Scholarships are counted into total budgets, y'all operating budget is not much larger if at all.

Tulane is so awesome that HUD left 500k on the table to stay at UL. Where we have been 9-4 the past two seasons and defeated 2 future nBE programs. Not including Tulane.
01-07-2013 09:13 AM
Dawg87 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: LA Tech
You want to post some numbers to back that up Tulane??
Dominate all LA schools with your history??? Besides being dumb enough to leave the SEC what have you done? Your track history in Athletics may be close to Tech but damn sure doesnt dominate it and thats in fact laughable, almost as laughable as one of the twins referring to their University as Louisiana. Atleast ULL had a winning season and a strong fan base. Tulane has nothing to back up **** talk, you just got an invite to a dieing athletic conference based on your Academics and Market. If the nBE was recruiting based on athletic history they would have selected ECU, USM, LA Tech, Rice, Marshall, and Tulsa. I like Tulane and think they are a great addition to any conference, but damn sure dont say you are above any of the other LA schools when it comes to Athletics unless it is ULM or some other D2 School.
01-07-2013 10:50 AM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

Glad you guys can only look at the last few years and think that represents everything 01-wingedeagle
01-07-2013 12:13 PM
Dawg87 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: LA Tech
Look I am in no way shape or form trying to bash on Tulane. I like them and would like to be in the same conference, but I dont like it if you try to say you are head and shoulders above Tech because thats just not accurate. There are strengths and weaknesses to everyones program and I feel like the big 3 outside of LSU ( Tech, Tulane, ULL)have all put themselves in a much better position for future growth and success the last few years. I do feel like Tech and Tulane have done a better job of this recently, but could do better. If ULL can hold on to Hudspeth I think they could be competitive in CUSA as well, but they need to start realizing being as good as Tech is not the staple to reach so stop comparing. I wish Tech fans would stop trying to be the cleanest turd as well. Each of our programs needs to start looking up and trying to better themselves by narrowing the gap between us and the haves not broading the gaps between us and the have nots if the haves are broading the gap too. When LSU fans stop saying "I like it when Tech does good" then I know we are getting somewhere, not when Tech fans are saying "I hope ULL gets it ass kicked. To me that makes us look like we feel threatend by them. I guess that is a matter of perception.
01-07-2013 12:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.