04-rock
01-04-2013 10:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

wh49er Offline
All American

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: Big East Fans Are Too Funny
Not surprising he is an ECU fan. The fact he thinks Buffalo has "done something" in football is hilarious.
01-04-2013 10:08 AM
goherd17 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Yeah and the ECU fans who bashed the ODU addtion are even calling for them to be added. Buffalo brings nothing of course they have added some dead weight
01-04-2013 10:09 AM
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
Buffalo was not mentioned on the list I heard about.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2013 10:25 AM by MUHERD76.)
01-04-2013 10:23 AM
goherd17 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(01-04-2013 10:23 AM)MUHERD76 Wrote:  Buffalo was not mentioned on the list I heard about.

Was Marshall mentioned?
01-04-2013 10:26 AM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
they can have Buffalo & UMass all they want as long as they don't come sniffing around CUSA
01-04-2013 10:31 AM
Advertisement

paintedblue Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
I saw that. Many there are also calling for an invitation to UMass. From most accounts I have read UMass football is floundering and much of the faculty is calling for cost cutting measures including dropping football back to FCS.
01-04-2013 10:35 AM
goherd17 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I have no problem at all with conf usa. as is. Would love to still have ECU and I worry about So Miss being gone to BE
01-04-2013 10:36 AM
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

(01-04-2013 10:35 AM)paintedblue Wrote:  I saw that. Many there are also calling for an invitation to UMass. From most accounts I have read UMass football is floundering and much of the faculty is calling for cost cutting measures including dropping football back to FCS.

That is true. Very possible that they drop back down.
01-04-2013 10:37 AM
billyoregon Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: USM, Oregon
(01-04-2013 10:02 AM)Green Menace Wrote:  Buffalo to the Big East? Really!?

Big East Talk

04-rock

Hmmmmm. Wonder how much the exit fee is in the AFC?
01-04-2013 10:55 AM
eagleriffic Offline
King of the Wicker People!

I Root For: Southern Miss
I thought Buffalo was going to move to Toronto.
01-04-2013 11:02 AM
Advertisement

DaBigBlue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
Nothing like late November night game in Buffalo, with 9K clapping with their mittens on. UMass I don't get, ODU beat them in our 3rd year and they don't have any support, school or fans.
01-04-2013 11:34 AM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
So the ECU fan would rather go 655 miles and 11.5 hours to play in what looks to be a DII or IAA stadium.

[Image: 245gigz.jpg]
UB Stadium

Marshall played there 3 times when we were in the MAC. We went up there in 1999 ranked 14th in the nation and had 9900 people watch the game. And about 2000 were Marshall fans.

ECU fans want Buffalo, they can have them. I would much rather take a chance on ODU. They have 100x more potential than Buffalo.
01-04-2013 12:48 PM
baruna falls Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
Question for Marshall fans, I read on the BE board that one of the issues that might hold Marshall back from a BE invite are the facilities and financial situation at Marshall. Having never seen the facilities at Marshall, do you think this is a fare assessment? How would you rate Marshall facilities and financial situation vs other Conf USA schools?
01-04-2013 12:53 PM
cocky Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
(01-04-2013 10:26 AM)goherd17 Wrote:  
(01-04-2013 10:23 AM)MUHERD76 Wrote:  Buffalo was not mentioned on the list I heard about.

Was Marshall mentioned?

I hope not! 03-banghead
01-04-2013 01:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

(01-04-2013 12:53 PM)baruna falls Wrote:  Question for Marshall fans, I read on the BE board that one of the issues that might hold Marshall back from a BE invite are the facilities and financial situation at Marshall. Having never seen the facilities at Marshall, do you think this is a fare assessment? How would you rate Marshall facilities and financial situation vs other Conf USA schools?

I'm not sure where that comes from unless you heard it from a Mac fan...LOL. They tend to have hate for everything Marshall.

We have one of the nicer football stadiums in CUSA. The on campus basketball arena is probably top 3-4 as well. Play baseball in a fantastic minor league park even though its 40 minutes from campus.

They just broke ground a couple weeks ago on some brand new facilities (IPF, Soccer Stadium) among other things. Here is a link to that:

http://herdvision.com/

Marshall is growing like crazy right now. Not just athletically but academically as well. Lot of things going on.
01-04-2013 01:14 PM
Advertisement

oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
(01-04-2013 12:48 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  So the ECU fan would rather go 655 miles and 11.5 hours to play in what looks to be a DII or IAA stadium.

UB Stadium

Marshall played there 3 times when we were in the MAC. We went up there in 1999 ranked 14th in the nation and had 9900 people watch the game. And about 2000 were Marshall fans.

ECU fans want Buffalo, they can have them. I would much rather take a chance on ODU. They have 100x more potential than Buffalo.

Those people suggesting Buffalo are nuts....period.
01-04-2013 01:16 PM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
(01-04-2013 01:14 PM)MUHERD76 Wrote:  
(01-04-2013 12:53 PM)baruna falls Wrote:  Question for Marshall fans, I read on the BE board that one of the issues that might hold Marshall back from a BE invite are the facilities and financial situation at Marshall. Having never seen the facilities at Marshall, do you think this is a fare assessment? How would you rate Marshall facilities and financial situation vs other Conf USA schools?

I'm not sure where that comes from unless you heard it from a Mac fan...LOL. They tend to have hate for everything Marshall.

We have one of the nicer football stadiums in CUSA. The on campus basketball arena is probably top 3-4 as well. Play baseball in a fantastic minor league park even though its 40 minutes from campus.

They just broke ground a couple weeks ago on some brand new facilities (IPF, Soccer Stadium) among other things. Here is a link to that:

http://herdvision.com/

Marshall is growing like crazy right now. Not just athletically but academically as well. Lot of things going on.

The Herd and Herd fans are some of the best conference partners of all time. You guys are special fans, as is your tradition, history and university.
01-04-2013 01:18 PM
99Tiger Offline
I got tiger blood, man.

I Root For: football wins

Crappies
(01-04-2013 01:16 PM)oldtiger Wrote:  
(01-04-2013 12:48 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  So the ECU fan would rather go 655 miles and 11.5 hours to play in what looks to be a DII or IAA stadium.

UB Stadium

Those people suggesting Buffalo are nuts....period.

They were a hot team a couple years ago...but that was because of rising from being a steaming pile of poo on the football field to a couple good years. Now, their program is on the way to being a steaming pile of poo again.

...but their academics are good.

I could offer my suggestions, but this isn't the right forum.
01-04-2013 01:24 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Our facilities aren't the issue. The CAM isn't the best in the world, it was built in 1981. And Ive seen worse facilities in the C7, A10 and CAA.

We are also building 2 more suits on Joan C Edwards stadium this year and should be ready for next years football season.

Marshall is also getting ready to build an IPF, Soccer stadium, Hall of Fame, Student Academic Center and Sports Medicine Facility. The corners for the soccer stadium are being put in place as we speak and should be ready for soccer season this Aug.

From what I hear Hamrick is planning on announcing a baseball stadium within a year or so. I don't mind playing in Appalachian Power Park, but would rather have our own stadium.

It's not the facilities that would be holding Marshall back, its the 10-12 million dollars. Right now there is no use to jump in feet first to something you don't even know who is in it. I would much rather take a wait and see approach. If in a year or 2 it is a much better situation then I could see Marshall making a move. But as we speak we are in a conference with the same access as everyone else not in an AQ conference.
01-04-2013 01:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.