Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2nd Half Adjustments
Bookmark and Share
niu2222 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
2nd Half Adjustments
I believe we should have had our running plays look like passing plays. Receivers running routes and lineman pass blocking then lynch runs. This would open up the field. The couple times this happened on real pass plays, lynch did well. You have tight ends running routes also, so they could block the linebackers. FSU had more speed but we didn't scheme them very well. I believe this would have changed the outcome of the game. Our defense played good enough for us too win. I believe FSU played great defense, average offense and bad special teams. I believe NIU played great defense, terrible offense and great special teams. I feel this game was their for the taking. I believe when the players and coaches watch the film, they will be very disappointed with the offense.
01-03-2013 12:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PiKappNoleATL Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Florida State
RE: 2nd Half Adjustments
I think when they look at the tape it will show what we all saw...NIU Oline was severely overmatched and there was not a lot of running room regardless of scheme. Some adjustments to handing the ball off to Daniels would have helped more, than trying to find lanes for Jordan Lynch to run through. FSU D was really keyed in on Lynch. FSU did great on defense and other than being close in the 3rd Quarter, not sure I would say the game was ever really there for the taking. No one at NIU should be blaming anyone or feeling bad.

I thought NIU defense played great and just was wore down by the end of the game. FSU as you say, was average at best on offense.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 12:46 PM by PiKappNoleATL.)
01-03-2013 12:38 PM
HuskieFootball Addict Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, NIU, NIU
(01-03-2013 12:38 PM)PiKappNoleATL Wrote:  I think when they look at the tape it will show what we all saw...NIU Oline was severely overmatched and there was not a lot of running room regardless of scheme. FSU did great on defense and other than being close in the 3rd Quarter, the game was never really there for the taking.

Ok...the game is OVER. PLEASE go back to your Nole Hole, will you? There is nothing for you here.
01-03-2013 12:42 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

Plain and simple we just needed to connect on our normal number of passes. It seemed like it was the Iowa game all over again with dropped/bad passes.
01-03-2013 12:43 PM
niu2222 Offline
Special Teams

The NIU line was overmatched but they did pretty good at pass blocking. The game was close at the end of the third quarter and that means it was their for the taking. With no offense for three quarters, NIU had a good chance to start the 4th quarter tied. Lynch set up the NIU td with a run on a pass play.
01-03-2013 12:45 PM
Advertisement

PiKappNoleATL Offline
2nd String

(01-03-2013 12:45 PM)niu2222 Wrote:  The NIU line was overmatched but they did pretty good at pass blocking. The game was close at the end of the third quarter and that means it was their for the taking. With no offense for three quarters, NIU had a good chance to start the 4th quarter tied. Lynch set up the NIU td with a run on a pass play.

The pass blocking held just long enough but more so because many times the ends were just keeping containment. Jordan still had to release the ball pretty quickly and almost before receivers were open or out of their breaks.

If NIU could have played better offense, FSU sure could have as well. FSU had 300 yds before halftime but hardly the points to show for it. I think the game was a 21pt game if you allow for both offenses to play better.

Honestly, I would love for FSU to play NIU in a home and home...would be great and I think NIU would be much better prepared for the next meeting. I think there were a lot of distractions obviously, and Jordan Lynch looked overwhelmed at times. I think at least this will be great experience against Purdue and Iowa and could be deciding factors in getting those wins for NIU.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 01:01 PM by PiKappNoleATL.)
01-03-2013 12:54 PM
PiKappNoleATL Offline
2nd String

(01-03-2013 12:42 PM)HuskieFootball Addict Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 12:38 PM)PiKappNoleATL Wrote:  I think when they look at the tape it will show what we all saw...NIU Oline was severely overmatched and there was not a lot of running room regardless of scheme. FSU did great on defense and other than being close in the 3rd Quarter, the game was never really there for the taking.

Ok...the game is OVER. PLEASE go back to your Nole Hole, will you? There is nothing for you here.

Angry much? I hear from some I am welcome to stay...why does it bother you exactly?
01-03-2013 01:02 PM
The Frisky Biscuit Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Death
(01-03-2013 01:02 PM)PiKappNoleATL Wrote:  

Angry much? I hear from some I am welcome to stay...why does it bother you exactly?

Have you trolled Florida fans? Seems near irresistible, to me.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 01:15 PM by The Frisky Biscuit.)
01-03-2013 01:14 PM
niu2222 Offline
Special Teams

That may be true about the FSU ends but their was a NIU lineman to block them if lynch was going to run. The only chance NIU had was to spread the field and they did not do that. If the huskie offense played average, like FSU, its a different game. The play that lynch threw the interception, he had all day. He easily could have ran and picked up a first down. He got happy feet, started bouncing and ran himself into defenders, in the backfield.
01-03-2013 01:28 PM
Advertisement

DogTracks Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
The problem wasn't one of adjustment, it was execution. Like John said, a normal completion rate changes the whole complexion. as great a that defense played, there were still opportunities missed by bad throws and drops.
01-03-2013 01:50 PM
bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(01-03-2013 01:50 PM)DogTracks Wrote:  The problem wasn't one of adjustment, it was execution. Like John said, a normal completion rate changes the whole complexion. as great a that defense played, there were still opportunities missed by bad throws and drops.

I agree with this. Lynch had a bad night and missed Montel Moore on some routes where he was open. At least one of these was a sure touchdown that was overthrown by 15 yards. Lynch looked rattled to me and was putting no touch on his shorter throws.

That said, without Lynch we never would have gotten to the Orange Bowl so lets hope that he learns and grows from the experience. I am looking forward to seeing him play next season and I feel that NIU is fortunate to have him.
01-03-2013 02:15 PM
HuskieFootball Addict Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, NIU, NIU

I am not angry at all. I just find it weird & annoying that you pipe in on so many posts of NIU fans...and on posts that don't even concern you. And on posts that had nothing to do with the game between NIU and your team....
But if you like hanging out with us so much...stay if it means so much to you. I just don't get why you'd WANT to still be here..01-wingedeagle
01-03-2013 02:30 PM
niu2222 Offline
Special Teams

Bikechuck and Huskiejohn, that's the point. Lynch was bad at passing and their was no running game. We could've got yds with him running on passing plays, ah la johnie ftball. You run the play as a pass but lynch takes off early and runs. We also had some success with screen plays but choose not to run them very often. The fact that we ran a fake punt and onside kick, tells you that we had to change it up.
01-03-2013 02:38 PM
Advertisement

goniu1523 Offline
1st String

I don't have a problem with you staying on the board. It brings a different perspective. And you have shown us the respect NIU deserves being a huge a FSU fan.
01-03-2013 02:48 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
We knew we had to have some success throwing the ball, because running was going to be difficult at best. We tried long throws, and generally those few were overthrown instead of completed, except for the one pass. On the short ones, sometimes the WR was covered too well, sometimes they were open and Lynch threw behind them (or threw it faster than they expected), or the WR simply dropped it. If we get a little better execution on those plays we could've sustained some drives and made it close at the end. That was our only chance. Some of the time Lynch didn't have time to throw, but a number of times he did, whether because of good blocking or the D-line just containing. Just didn't get it done.
01-03-2013 03:00 PM
chazb2 Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Geez
(01-03-2013 01:14 PM)The Frisky Biscuit Wrote:  

Have you trolled Florida fans? Seems near irresistible, to me.

Geez is this guy gonna be here all summer and into next season? FSU is good no doubt- we've established that. Go bother your first opponent in 2013.
01-03-2013 03:32 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
The FSU boards must be boring. Though I can't imagine many Gator fans are on their boards today.
01-03-2013 03:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.